Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098392 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2015/11/21/top-five-oddest-x-men-secondary-mutations/2/ also CBR arev talking about secondary mutations and bring up his charm power as being one

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2015, 02:58:41 PM »
LOL at evil troll laugh ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
I can`t stop to think what an awesome X-treme X-men team could be from UA characters: Gambit, Cable, Deadpool, Rogue and Quicksilver. I would also love to add Sage and Bishop.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2015, 04:40:02 PM »
Harkins Theatres cup with Gambit

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
I can`t stop to think what an awesome X-treme X-men team could be from UA characters: Gambit, Cable, Deadpool, Rogue and Quicksilver. I would also love to add Sage and Bishop.

Uhh... Quicksilver isn't a mutant. Might be out of place as a X-Man these days.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2015, 05:38:18 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/giant-size-x-position-duggan-brings-deadpool-cable-together-in-uncanny-avengers

Cable's not the only headlining ex-X-Man appearing in future issues of "Uncanny Avengers," as Jiraiya noticed. We'll close out part one with a couple Gambit questions.

I wanted to ask about that powder keg cover you dropped on us for "Uncanny Avengers" #5. A lot was done in the past to split these two [Rogue and Gambit] by [Mike] Carey and later [James] Asmus to the point where they could easily not cross paths again. What inspired you to bring Gambit back into the mix with Rogue? ... Will you be leaving their attraction out of the story or are we going to get more on and off angst again?

Duggan: What a great cover, right? I'd like to let that one speak for itself. Let's talk afterward.

Gambit has been used a lot as a prop/plot device in other story lines. Is his character likely to get any development here or will this be more of him making a smash and grab appearance to set the tone for the story?

Duggan: Unfortunately, I'm going to take the fifth, but you will have trust me that I would bring the same A-game to any character. My philosophy is pretty simple: I can't write a story that would make you lose interest in your favorite character, but I know I might not get any second chances with readers. Even the thinnest of characters can always be fleshed out. Not calling Gambit thin at all -- just saying, any of these characters can be cool. I know expectations are high for this issue, but I'd rather readers come in cold. I can promise that "Uncanny Avengers" # 5 is an important event that will reverberate into the future of this book.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »
...he dodged both questions. I think he just confirmed my thoughts of this being a one issue/arc thing. I don't think he or his editors thought Gambit's possible inclusion would foster this much interest, just as they didn't think his solo would make it past 12 (I'm pretty sure if they did plan it out Gambit's solo would have gone much further but the book didn't fit into their plans and lineup). At this point I think be wants as many people as possible interested without sullying his relationship with the Gambit and Romy fans (because of the cover, Romy bait obviously).
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »
Interestingly my question was altered a bit. They cut it off after one of the full stops. It originally included a bit relating to the Torch and this triangle. If it was dangerous poking Romy fans like that as many are over this on and off again bit and would it have been safer to leave gambit in limbo if he wanted to explore Rogue and Torch.

I wonder if it was deliberate or if the question was too long. I think he was really trying to avoid the Torch bit. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:44:08 PM by AeroSennin »

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »
I'm not American but a quick Google places the fifth as right not to incriminate oneself.... it almost bodes ill without saying more. Also thin character again is not a welcoming phrase. I am starting to wonder if limbo was not safer?.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:38 PM »
Rogue has been shown as having issues with Inhumans, what if Gambit is not a mutant but a inhuman! :P That would be Drama since they aren't togther to begin with .

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »
Lol 73 would that make synapse his sister with those black on red eyes?

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2015, 12:21:40 AM »
What if there going to have gambit working for a villain like Sinister again or even have him be the villain, just a thought.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2015, 08:28:47 AM »
Gambit's return in "Uncanny Avengers" #5 will cause major shockwaves for the book and his relationship with team leader Rogue

I am tired of Gambit being a plot point for Rogue. 

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »
I took his response to essentially be, "pick up the book to find out," which is fine.  He does seem to realize he doesn't have much time to try and sell us on Gambit in UA so I will see how it plays out.  People just seem to expect way too much if you think a writer is going to spoil things and in the end time will tell.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »
how hard is it for him to say no Gambit will not be a plot point for Rogue, its not a spoiler unless he is