Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098277 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »
Or just say it's a cameo and be done with it. And I will check it out but I will expect nothing. I don't expect spoilers but the solicit and vagueness of the interview does not entice me as a fan. I am not telling you not buy. You be the cheerleader. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:59:07 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2015, 01:13:07 AM »
Or just say it's a cameo and be done with it. And I will check it out but I will expect nothing. I don't expect spoilers but the solicit and vagueness of the interview does not entice me as a fan. I am not telling you not buy. You be the cheerleader. :)

My sentiments exactly. You don't have to include spoilers on a question if a character will or will not be in the book, especially if it's not even part of the plot. The solicits don't infer that he'd be part of some surprise, but only if best "friend or foe". #6 seems to have e nothing to do with #5, so him saying yes or no if Gambit will be a permanent fixture would do nothing to spoil the story... Again, I think be kept it vague to not kill the dreams of hopefuls that will impulse buy the book in hopes that it will be Gambit's home for the foreseeable future. If #5 sells better than the other issues around it, I think we'll see a rewrite and have him included in future issues and arcs.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2015, 03:43:11 AM »
how hard is it for him to say no Gambit will not be a plot point for Rogue, its not a spoiler unless he is

I am not saying it is hard.  I am saying maybe it's not his preference or style to do so and I see no reason to expect that someone will.  Some people would be more forthcoming in that scenario and some people won't.  To each his/her own.

It very well may be that Gambit will be a plot point.  It very well may be that he won't.  Unless someone knows Duggan's personality to know what he means when he says something like that then it's just pointless speculation.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2015, 04:11:11 AM »

Oh I have no intention of buying this book as 616 Gambit and Rogue don't interest me.  His appearance would have to blow me away when I flip the pages in the comic book store for me to consider buying.  I just don't see the point of overanalyzing his response or lack thereof. I wouldn't have even known he gave an interview if it wasn't on here or CBR.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2015, 03:16:25 PM »
I know this isn't necessarily a Gambit appearance. But he appeared on my birthday cake today and I thought I'd share with everyone here. :)

William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
Pretty cool cake.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2015, 04:56:22 PM »
Happy birthday! It reminded me Rogue's exploded pie somehow.

hxxp: 31. media. tumblr. com/7f9ae215b4dab67e9301a453e8e641ae/tumblr_inline_nig09aaOwf1r24r6r. jpg

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »
Happy Birthday! Awesome cake ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2015, 08:29:27 PM »
Happy BD ... awesome cake!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Seems like it's been forever that Gambit joined limbo world. I can`t wait for some good news

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
Seems like it's been forever that Gambit joined limbo world. I can`t wait for some good news

I wouldnt bank on the word "good". Our else you'll be waiting a bit longer than you will like.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #191 on: December 09, 2015, 02:23:45 AM »
Masterworks, Omnibuses And Other Collections From Marvel Comics In 2016
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/08/mastrworks-omnibuses-and-other-collections-from-marvel-comics-in-2016/

In the light of the new X-Men ’92 comic, we get a collection of X-Men: The Trial of Gambit collecting Uncanny X-Men (1981) #341-350, -1, X-Men (1991) #62-64, -1. Is it time for Marvel to bring Scott Lobdell in out of the cold?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2015, 09:47:58 AM »
Heh heh, the year is wrong for the Uncanny Xmen collection, nitpick I know.  And none of this stuff is new to reprint.  It has all been reprinted in some form. 

What will be new as far as a collection goes is when Nicieza's run is collected and sold, which should be March 2016. Or at least that is what Amazon says.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2015, 09:58:51 AM »
Masterworks, Omnibuses And Other Collections From Marvel Comics In 2016
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/08/mastrworks-omnibuses-and-other-collections-from-marvel-comics-in-2016/

In the light of the new X-Men ’92 comic, we get a collection of X-Men: The Trial of Gambit collecting Uncanny X-Men (1981) #341-350, -1, X-Men (1991) #62-64, -1. Is it time for Marvel to bring Scott Lobdell in out of the cold?

You're assuming these A+ writers WANT to work under the constraints Marvel puts on them. It's a stable pay check but from what I gather these guys in the X-Men office run on a tight leash. Isn't Scott over at DC? Not exactly the "cold" especially if these movies do for them what MCU did for Marvel.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #194 on: December 09, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »
Remember its "bleeding cool".  Lobdell did have work, but Marvel needed to remove the glut from the line at the time, one of Lobdell's projects (Gambit solo) getting axed at the time. Not sure how long or how many other projects he had but ... he went to DC and hasn't come back. *shrug*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:49:25 PM by Nekobaghira »