Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098434 times)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2015, 10:15:09 AM »
Scott's at DC and he's writing absolute crap. Probably for the best that he stay away from Gambit or the X-Men. Hell, I wouldn't even wish him on the Inhumans.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2015, 02:19:13 PM »
Scott's at DC and he's writing absolute crap. Probably for the best that he stay away from Gambit or the X-Men. Hell, I wouldn't even wish him on the Inhumans.

whats he writing these days..? Other than "crap" I mean. It's funny, the general populace of the internet (message boards, YouTubers, Pod Casters) can dislike a writer, but can get nothing but praise from the company they write for... Bendis for one. Comes up (maybe "Came up" is better) with ideas but cant follow through to save his life. Not to mention his scripts are just bland... vanilla at best.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2015, 02:39:12 PM »
He's writing Doomed (which I think is getting canceled) and Red Hood/Arsenal. Red Hood/Aresenal has it's quirks, but it's not good.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
Gambit makes a wallpaper appearance in Worst X-Man Ever fighting a sentinel

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2016, 10:11:46 AM »
thats awesome, good art too to perfectly portray Gambits personality with no words, i only wish Marvel editor would pick a costume for Gambit and stick to it instead of reverting back to the original

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »
he has a nice weird cameo in worst x-man ever issue 5 , he goes to a reunion wearing his head sock and trench coat over his suit it funny

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2016, 08:53:11 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:04:14 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-duggan-readies-rogue-big-moments-uncanny-avengers

From Duggan X-Po about Rogue:

Question: All I want is a book with Gambit in it. Is there any hope for that?

Duggan: Yes. Yes, there is. Maybe even more than one.

your thoughts, gang... I bolded "maybe" as I think it's key in this sentence. He just stringing us along so he can rebuild some good faith with us?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
He might be counting X-Men '92. So that means either new book featuring Gambit alongside '92 or multiple books featuring Gambit alongside '92. Or he isn't 't counting it whatsoever.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:49 PM »
What would you think if Duggan would be anounced as a writer of new Gambit solo?

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
I think a lot of people would pick it up if that were the case. Duggan's a big name. I hope it wouldn't crossover too much with Rogue and the Uncanny Avengers and instead engages with the X-Men books more.

I personally don't think we'll be getting a solo for Gambit, but a team book starring him is more likely.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:00 PM »
What would you think if Duggan would be anounced as a writer of new Gambit solo?

I don't think anything he said in that short response indicated he'd write a thing, but confirmed something that was always true. That being its possible that Gambit may be in a book. That's always been possible. Likely is another story. Feel like I'm being played with.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

I'd be ecstatic.
Who Dat