Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098357 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2016, 05:22:34 AM »
I had some spare time so I found Jordan D. White at Tumblr :)

My question: Is there any hope to see Fabian Nicieza writing Gambit again? Gambit by Nicieza/Skroce is my favourite comic book series ever.

His answer: I am not in charge of Gambit, so it’s not up to me. You want to track down Daniel Ketchum.

I found it interesting because it was Jordan D. White`s idea to put Gambit vs Deadpool and he is the editor of this mini.
Ketchum is the editor for all X books and editor with Brevoort for Uncanny Avengers.
Also if I am right, Ketchum was the one fightnig for Gambit solo in 2012.

So what do you think? If Jordan D. White hadn`t planned Deadpool V Gambit then we would have only cameo in UA for Gambit?

Or he will have bigger role in UA later? I doubt really because Duggan is ignoring all Gambit questions in X-Po.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
How about a mini-series requiring the top thieves. . . something like a major heist from Doom's castle? I could only come up with 4 who would fit the bill. . . Gambit, Storm, Ant-Man and Black Cat.  Not a bad "New Fantastic Four" line-up.  While Storm is the logical leader / honest and trust-worthy type, the other three make for a very unpredictable line-up.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2016, 05:57:45 PM »
How about a mini-series requiring the top thieves. . . something like a major heist from Doom's castle? I could only come up with 4 who would fit the bill. . . Gambit, Storm, Ant-Man and Black Cat.  Not a bad "New Fantastic Four" line-up.  While Storm is the logical leader / honest and trust-worthy type, the other three make for a very unpredictable line-up.

Hey now, hold your tongue... Gambit and Storm's movie rights don't belong to Marvel. How dare you offer a story in which MCU characters interact with X-Men other than dominating them physically, socially and politically. For shame.

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
What was I thinking? Consider my wrist slapped.

Revised team: Ant-Man, Black Cat, Donald Duck & Goofy (from Kingdom Hearts)

Gambit & Storm can remain in limbo (at least Gambit can. . . Storm at least has a book)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2016, 11:44:21 AM »
Getting back to Deadpool v Gambit. If White has no control over Gambit where was it stated it was his idea for the book? It could have been something the editors through out there for a pitch and he was given the editorial job of the book.

Having pondered that, I'm just glad Gambit is in a mini. I don't care about him being in a book anymore. I'll take minis with concentrated Gambit than book where he's wallpaper or there for the sake of drama for Rogue.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
I think it was stated in some interview with Deadpool V Gambit writers that it was White's idea to put Deadpool and Gambit together in book to pull con-jobs.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2016, 01:39:08 PM »
Oh .... I either forgot or missed it. LOL.  Glad the idea was embraced. :)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »
When is the mini release date again?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2016, 04:09:43 PM »
June 2016.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
Oh .... I either forgot or missed it. LOL.  Glad the idea was embraced. :)

Me too)
I found it.
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/979?articleID=177194

PREVIEWSworld: Can you both give us the scoop on how this project came together? How did you two communicate ideas/tweaks during production?

Ben Acker:  It was the brainchild of our editor Jordan D White who pitched us the idea of a story in which Deadpool and Gambit pull a con.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
Me too)
I found it.
http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/979?articleID=177194

PREVIEWSworld: Can you both give us the scoop on how this project came together? How did you two communicate ideas/tweaks during production?

Ben Acker:  It was the brainchild of our editor Jordan D White who pitched us the idea of a story in which Deadpool and Gambit pull a con.

Whoa - thanks Purp for finding that. :)

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2016, 07:11:20 PM »
'Nother Cracked article, this time about films the writers are convinced will never actually get made. First on the list? Gambit.

http://www.cracked.com/article_23928_8-films-that-will-be-upcoming-until-end-time.html

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:06 PM »
So I guess it's too much to ask for an article that doesn't take shots at him. I do find it funny that apparently Channing is the only Gambit fan ever.

The author of the piece has been set straight by several commenters, which is nice.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:22:29 AM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #298 on: April 30, 2016, 11:29:52 PM »
So I guess it's too much to ask for an article that doesn't take shots at him. I do find it funny that apparently Channing is the only Gambit fan ever.

The author of the piece has been set straight by several commenters, which is nice.

Funny thing about Gambit's fan... Most of them have never read a comic book in their life. Gambit shot to stardom following his inclusion in TAS. Millions upon millions of people who are fans of Gambit questioned why he was in the first 2 or 3 X-Men movies and don't even know we were once 3 months away from shooting a solo movie. Had a co-worker out of the blue started talking about how much he loved watching him on X-Men a d thought he was getting a movie. When I told him its generally been cancelled he was very disappointed. For fun, I asked a couple other people I know and Gambit was always the first or second X-Men they named from the show. Typically second to Wolverine.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2016, 02:39:25 AM »
Wait wait, so the film's for sure been canceled? :(