Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098407 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2016, 09:36:24 AM »
Wait wait, so the film's for sure been canceled? :(

no just been pushed back

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »
Wait wait, so the film's for sure been canceled? :(

Simmer down. I said "generally". Dantay is correct, it has been pushed back. Mind you, without a start date or any buzz beyond just that. At this point however, you can about compare it to the situation you see The Inhumans movie. Fortunately we still have Tatum and Limen attached to it, even if its a loose attachment at this point. Both have taken other jobs in the meantime while the script is reworked. Probably just because Fox plans to slash the budget thanks to Deadpool making nearly a billion dollars on a $60mil budget.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2016, 03:14:26 PM »
Funny thing about Gambit's fan... Most of them have never read a comic book in their life. Gambit shot to stardom following his inclusion in TAS. Millions upon millions of people who are fans of Gambit questioned why he was in the first 2 or 3 X-Men movies and don't even know we were once 3 months away from shooting a solo movie. Had a co-worker out of the blue started talking about how much he loved watching him on X-Men a d thought he was getting a movie. When I told him its generally been cancelled he was very disappointed. For fun, I asked a couple other people I know and Gambit was always the first or second X-Men they named from the show. Typically second to Wolverine.

Exactly, which I sort of feel two ways about: "Yay, there are a lot of Gambit fans!...But they've only seen the cartoon." I've learned over time to not expect a current Gambit fan to be a comic reader. It's sort of frustrating, because I feel he's such a rich character in the comics. (Generally speaking, I mean...).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:16:58 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2016, 12:36:45 AM »
Yes, yes. He's awesome when not being smashed in the face by Cap's shield or wearing clown pants, or having pieces of his persona cut off and transplanted onto other pet characters to make them "cooler". All the while creators like Remender claim to not "understand the value in a character like him". But Fantomex? [sarcasm]That guy's awesome![/sarcasm]
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2016, 05:00:35 PM »
OLD FRIENDS REUNITE IN UNCANNY AVENGERS

http://marvel.com/news/comics/26138/old_friends_reunite_in_uncanny_avengers?linkId=24190540

Marvel.com: You also get to draw Gambit and Rogue reuniting in this issue. What can you tell us about that meeting?

Pepe Larraz: I grew up with the Gambit and Rogue love story. I started reading X-Men books when I was a kid, so having them again on the same page was great. I think things became so intense between those two; they’ve been through a lot, and they are not as close as they used to be, but I wanted to give them some warm touches. That’s why I made the cartoony panel on page 3, to make readers smile tenderly watching them, as I was smiling drawing them. Both of them deserve it.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/26138/old_friends_reunite_in_uncanny_avengers#ixzz47oRFJul8

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
Errmmm... So Gambit's going on petty heists while mutant kind is dying out and making kissy faces... Not the worst but mostly to prop up Rogue and make her feel better. Awesome. Can't wait to spend my hard earned cash on this. This was definitely worth the wait and frustration of the last time he was in this book...

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2016, 12:19:23 AM »
I see that sarcasm DPT. LOL  Of course he's a prop for Rogue. That's been his role for a long time. ;)

Funny he's trying to kiss her and she rejects him. I'm fine with that. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2016, 02:18:55 AM »
It is Rogue`s book so not surprised that he is a prop.

I will wait for lettered preview for final thoughts.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2016, 08:35:02 AM »
Well... I guess he... looks cute?

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #309 on: May 07, 2016, 12:00:03 AM »
Don't know what is said yet, but I was hoping Gambit's appearance would be something more than what is hinted at. Maybe we'll get a Romy pay off in part 3 or something.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #310 on: May 07, 2016, 06:28:01 AM »
My worry is that those four pages are the entirety of Gambit's appearance.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #311 on: May 07, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
Since Rogue is flying away in the last page. It's possible that these pages are it. I guess we'll find out.

The main titles do not treat Gambit well, and have not in a very long time. If he's not pining or wall paper, he's a joke in clown pants. I think I'm ok with only these pages. Less damage done. IMO.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #312 on: May 07, 2016, 09:21:08 PM »
Since Rogue is flying away in the last page. It's possible that these pages are it. I guess we'll find out.

The main titles do not treat Gambit well, and have not in a very long time. If he's not pining or wall paper, he's a joke in clown pants. I think I'm ok with only these pages. Less damage done. IMO.

Clown. Pants. But yes, I believe that's the entirety of his appearance.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »
Neko, will you ever post the scans for Gambit's last 'appearance'?  As much as I complained about it I never actually got to see the issue in print since it was sold out pretty much immediately where I live.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
Neko, will you ever post the scans for Gambit's last 'appearance'?  As much as I complained about it I never actually got to see the issue in print since it was sold out pretty much immediately where I live.

Which one? Did you mean the RSGambit from Uncanny A #5?