Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098215 times)

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2016, 06:41:06 PM »
Would have rather seen a Gambit holding a dead Rogue variant cover. 

You realize that issue would have people screaming that he murdered her, right? The populace in general already doesn't like Remy' the last thing we need is people to go, 'oh yeah the one that killed that striped-hair chick, right?'

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #361 on: June 10, 2016, 07:03:21 PM »
While working for 'Bat in the Sun' productions on the set of "Super Power Beat Down", Gambit (Michael Huffman) can't catch a moment of peace without DeadPool (Dirk Ellis) turning up.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3fcKZRDA9o

Wow there will be a Gambit vs Deadpool by Bat in the Sun!

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2016, 02:57:10 AM »
Would have rather seen a Gambit holding a dead Rogue variant cover. 

Yeah maybe in the land of Things That Will Never Happen!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
technically he has, X-treme X-Men 18 he was pulled away from heaven by Rogue

...I knew someone was going to bring that up. But he didn't die. Not unless you count flat-lining for a couple pages, "death". Not to mention I doubt more than 2% of the reading base even knows that happened.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »

It should to be fun.

Still waiting for any news from Ismahawk about Gambit series :(

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
...I knew someone was going to bring that up. But he didn't die. Not unless you count flat-lining for a couple pages, "death". Not to mention I doubt more than 2% of the reading base even knows that happened.
but he was waiting at the gates of heaven for Rogue she had to pull him from the after life, he was dead, although briefly still counts...kinda

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2016, 05:09:46 PM »
What about all the alters we saw killed by New Sun? Or whichever issue that was where he had the horrible boy-band curls? Didn't he die at the end of that? Had him and I think Rogue kissing in the rain on the cover? And I know there's been a universe in which he was a zombie.....(then again there was also one where he was a toddler, and one in which he was a bloodhound, so that's not saying much!)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2016, 09:41:15 PM »
but he was waiting at the gates of heaven for Rogue she had to pull him from the after life, he was dead, although briefly still counts...kinda

My point  was comparing that to the demises of Colossus, Nightcrawler and Jean, all of which lasted years. Jean is still dead if you dont count her teenaged self. I don't think you can stand these up next to that... heck, if we want to be really picky, Gambit took a bullet  to the head not too long ago.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2016, 09:36:37 PM »

Sorry it is not Gambit vs Deadpool, but 90's X-Men in X-Mansion with Deadpool.

photo:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
Next week, "Deadpool v Gambit" writers Ben Acker and Ben Blacker will join us here at X-POSITION for the first time. Have a question for Acker and Blacker? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position". But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #370 on: June 16, 2016, 08:50:51 AM »
My point  was comparing that to the demises of Colossus, Nightcrawler and Jean, all of which lasted years. Jean is still dead if you dont count her teenaged self. I don't think you can stand these up next to that... heck, if we want to be really picky, Gambit took a bullet  to the head not too long ago.

AOA Gambit has died thrice.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #371 on: June 16, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »
Based on slow response, I guess only the hardcore want to know more about the DvG book. C'mon gang, there must be a question somewhere you could add for X-Po

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #372 on: June 16, 2016, 01:43:48 PM »
AOA Gambit has died thrice.

Alternate reality character dying in a self-contained story does not count... no matter how many times it happens lol. (died with the bomb, killed by cloak and blew himself up). But those were all different versions of the AoA reality, weren't they?

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #373 on: June 16, 2016, 01:45:49 PM »
Slow responses are probably due to the fact that this story probably has no bearing on Gambit's place in the MU, it's a story in the recent past. I'll be checking it out more than likely; and if it does well, maybe it'll turn into something more than a 4 issue Deadpool mini featuring Gambit!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #374 on: June 16, 2016, 02:57:24 PM »
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/06/16/exclusive-marvel-preview-of-deadpool-vs-gambit-1/

Considering Gambit's treatment in UA or any other title deemed a "flagship", I'll take this mini with a story that is concentrated on G.