Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098461 times)

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #375 on: June 16, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »
Based on slow response, I guess only the hardcore want to know more about the DvG book. C'mon gang, there must be a question somewhere you could add for X-Po

How and where do we even submit questions?

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #376 on: June 16, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »
Posted this in the CBR forums, but figured it wouldn't hurt to post it here too.

All-New Inhumans has been cancelled and James Asmus is encouraging people to tweet Daniel Ketchum and the X-Men office to give him an X-Men book. It's not strictly Gambit related, but we know he's still interested in the character and if this works then it's a guaranteed spot for Gambit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #378 on: June 24, 2016, 05:46:57 PM »
AXEL-IN-CHARGE: Facing the 'Divided' Marvel NOW! Future

New this week was "Deadpool v Gambit" #1, from Ben Acker & Ben Blacker and artist Danilo Beyruth. Obviously Marvel puts out a lot of Deadpool comics out, but Gambit seems like one of those characters with a cult fan base that is never quite satisfied -- how much of the motivation for this book was a way to get more Gambit material out there to the people?

Alonso: All of it. In addition to being a fan-favorite on pretty much every team he's been on, Gambit had a number of series and miniseries throughout the years, so we've long recognized that he's a character with a following. And right now, Deadpool is kinda-sort popular, too... so Ben and Ben whipped up a completely bonkers con man story that should appeal to fans of both characters.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/axel-in-charge-june-24-2016/pageno=?utm_campaign=axel-in-charge-facing-the-divided-marvel-now-future&utm_medium=internal_links&utm_source=breaking_banner

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #379 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »
That is one of the more positive things Alonzo has ever said about Gambit. Usually, its "here's here or there", not really acknowledging him other than ... there is "plans".

Its a positive that he sees the character has a following. That he is a fav on any team he's on.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2016, 05:06:33 AM »
Kinberg: “I’m thinking about all those things, that’s all I can tell you. We certainly know we’re making 'Deadpool 2;’ we know we’re making the 'Wolverine’ movie now; we wanna make a 'New Mutants’ movie; we’re really, really serious about making the 'Gambit’ movie.”

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/simon-kinberg-says-deadpool-2-shooting-early-2017-080705422.htmlw

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »
I hate to say it buuuuuut I'll believe it when I see it. 

No seriously.  I don't trust anything a movie person says until it happens.  Although I hope it happens, really I do. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2016, 08:47:45 AM »
Difference between Fox and MCU? They (MCU) had a CLEAR road map and plan from the end of Iron Man. The only surprises in their schedule came with the success of Guardians of Galaxy and acquisition of Spiderman (the productions of GotG sequel and plans for Spidey pushed back everything in phase 3 and even moved Captain Marvel to phase 4) and the axing of The Inhumans. Mind you, all these changes came like 10+ movies into their shared cinematic universe project. So no big deal, unlike Fox whom is pushing a single movie every two+ years, and all of them sans Deadpool (barely part of the shared universe) are sequels of the last, so not "shared".
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:00:23 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2016, 10:35:34 AM »
Ciwil War II X-Men #2 released today. A must buy for Gambit fans.
Some moments wasn`t good enough but it was good.

Finally justice is served!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:39:07 AM by purplevit »

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2016, 10:44:09 AM »
Ciwil War II X-Men #2 released today. A must buy for Gambit fans.
Some moments wasn`t good enough but it was good.

Finally justice is served!

Deets please?!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #385 on: July 06, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »
Deets please?!

Deets means spoilers?

Ok. Gambit kicked fantomex' ass. Well, Gambit almost lost but at the end he won ;D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
He beat Fantomex. Hardly the "@$#" kicking your saying Purp IMO. But he did in fact defeat him. Bunn wrote a pretty decent scene but allowed his character to shine a bit much to have lost the fight.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #388 on: July 06, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
He beat Fantomex. Hardly the "@$#" kicking your saying Purp IMO. But he did in fact defeat him. Bunn wrote a pretty decent scene but allowed his character to shine a bit much to have lost the fight.

Yeah, I agree. Sorry, I was too emotional after it :D

So we still have Cap and Magneto to beat on the list)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #389 on: July 06, 2016, 12:30:59 PM »
Damn, I was in the store today to buy DvG, wish I'd known about this!! I'll go back tomorrow and hope that it's not sold out.