Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098313 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #390 on: July 06, 2016, 07:19:32 PM »
Re:Civil War II issue 2

It wasn't a bad appearance. His connection to the Xmen via Storm, a really nice touch. I get why it was done the way it was. The eyes were wrong on a panel here or there. But art wise it looked nice.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:22:31 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #391 on: July 07, 2016, 09:17:57 AM »
Is this worth my time picking up or shall I just request scans? Maybe I should pick it up to support Gambit appearances.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #392 on: July 07, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »
The only reason I bought was because Purp stated he was in it and it was good. Story wise, I'm lost - but Gambit's part made sense and how he was used in the story worked. I think its worthy moola wise and support wise. But ... I will do scans, if you'd like.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #393 on: July 07, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
Aye thanks Neko scans would be lovely. If he ever gives Gambit a recurring role in a book I'll buy it no problem but I'm not happy with Marvel so being very selective!

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #395 on: July 07, 2016, 03:02:40 PM »
Thanks Neko you're a legend.  I was in the store and flipped through it but there was a dude standing there like "You gonna buy that?" and I was all like "nah fam just browsing" and he was like "well that browsing costs £3.50" and I was like "yeah but Neko's scans are free so peace out". 

In my head at least.  In real life no words were spoken.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #396 on: July 07, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »
LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #397 on: July 08, 2016, 06:12:24 AM »
Kinberg said Gambit filming will begin in Spring 2017   00:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKEABr4DI8

Offline Calais

• Gambler
« Reply #398 on: July 08, 2016, 07:27:47 AM »
picked up civil warII xmen 2 on the recommendations of this thread was pleasantly surprised by how well gambit came off, just coming off reading deadpool troll his movie so it was nice change of late for him to be used nicely and to win especially against fantomex!

when's spring in USA? I looked it up, is it march to june? It's good to have confirmation from someone up high that the film is still definitely going ahead

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
Spring is March and continues til June. :)

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #400 on: July 08, 2016, 08:25:38 AM »
If you were a fan of the now-done Disney Infinity game, check out this guys custom 90's X-Men figures...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2016/07/fan-made-disney-infinity-figures-give-x-men-characters-a-90s-spin/

They are all great, but that Gambit was truly amazing.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #401 on: July 08, 2016, 12:20:24 PM »
Kinberg said Gambit filming will begin in Spring 2017   00:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKEABr4DI8

Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh I dunno. Happy if it's true but until I see a trailer or production stills I'm skeptical! Maybe deliberately so but I can't handle the disappointment.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
picked up civil warII xmen 2 on the recommendations of this thread was pleasantly surprised by how well gambit came off, just coming off reading deadpool troll his movie so it was nice change of late for him to be used nicely and to win especially against fantomex!

when's spring in USA? I looked it up, is it march to june? It's good to have confirmation from someone up high that the film is still definitely going ahead

If he's lost to fantomex I'd be beyond furious. Love how Fantome calls Remy a petty catburgular, when he's head of the Rhieves Guild.

hate how Fantomex was winning the H2H, but Glad Gambit won and carried his ass out like a BOSS again.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #403 on: July 09, 2016, 09:24:10 PM »
CBR Ranks Gambit amongst the secretly awesome X-Men alongside Cyclops, Dazzler, Marrow, Shatterstar and others.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/10-underrated-x-men-that-are-secretly-awesome
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2016, 08:26:02 AM »
I can see why people wanted Bunn to write Gambit now but I've also never understood why people think Gambit would work with/for Magneto. Good to see Gambit get some nice panel time that doesn't end with him being the Red Skull or involve Rogue (despite the fact that I like Romy and Rogue) or involve him getting taken out. I also liked the fight because it felt like a classic Gambit move of taking the advantage when it presented itself and even if he wasn't always in control of the fight he still won it... and he got to beat Fantomex. That's a double bonus for me.