Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098214 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #435 on: August 17, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »
Page 2

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #436 on: August 17, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
Then Psylocke arrived. Fantomex says no need to read his mind and he will tell the truth.
He tells Magneto tasked him to New Atilan to get info about new Inhuman and not supposed to engage or killing him.

Psylocke says Fanto may telling the truth insomuch he is capable of.

After that Logan screams that they are under attack and have been set up.
Archangel attacks them and Kurt teleports Fanto away.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:59:55 PM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #437 on: August 17, 2016, 02:59:10 PM »
Magneto and Rachel goes to New Atilan.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #438 on: August 17, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
Your the man.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #439 on: August 17, 2016, 04:11:20 PM »
Your the man.

Thanks bro ;)
I am really excited how all this will end and if it will have any impact on Gambit's future.
Damn, he just fits Storm team so good. Like old good times.

But I am not sure that I want Gambit in Inhumans vs X-Men mini or Extraordinary.
I doubt that Lemire even likes him.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:17:46 PM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #440 on: August 17, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »
Gambit's appearance was good overall until the Rogue stuff which had been his downfall in this story but in the long run  was not good for characterization. IMO

Gambit knows she is an Avenger, she is not with this team who are not Avengers, why he would fall for Mystique's trick is also disappointing and showcases how the books don't pay attention to each other and nor do they care as long as whatever is needed happens in the story.

The thing with Storm was very much in character.

Edit: Thank you Purplevit for the scans. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:32:44 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #441 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »
Gambit's appearance was good overall until the Rogue stuff which had been his downfall in this story but in the long run  was not good for characterization. IMO

Gambit knows she is an Avenger, she is not with this team who are not Avengers, why he would fall for Mystique's trick is also disappointing and showcases how the books don't pay attention to each other and nor do they care as long as whatever is needed happens in the story.

I thought the same, but after seeing it, I think it's a good enough reason to draw his attention. However, rambling on and on like that just to be sucker punched? Mystique isnt a push over but she isnt freaking Iron Fist. I would have thought a guy that can keep pace with Daredevil, Blade, and Deadpool would be able to parry a non-super punch. I believe Bunn likes Gambit and would write him well in a team setting, but that was a bit off to me, otherwise I think the characterization was fine. Him being distracted by Rogue's sudden appearance alongside of someone she's had a history with is plausible. It does make sense, him being KOed by Mystique? Not so much...

From the writers prospective, he needed Gambit out of the way, along with the rest of the X-Men, and he could have gone another way and had Fantomex lay him out. Instead he wrote him being tricked. I can live with that, though I think he kind of put Mystique on a pedestal here with the one and done shot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:05:38 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #442 on: August 18, 2016, 02:09:53 AM »
He got a punch but he wasn't KOed so far. I will wait for issue 4.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #443 on: August 18, 2016, 11:00:21 AM »
I didn't like Gambit being KO'ed/beaten by Mystique of all people, but at least it was a trick, I can live with a sucker punch using his sentiments against him. I DO however have the problem with the glass jaw remark.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #444 on: August 19, 2016, 07:38:14 AM »
And the artist doesn't help by having one punch cause Remy to bleed so much.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #445 on: August 19, 2016, 07:18:12 PM »
Hey Gang,

I flipped through the X-23 collected series today. It did not include Liu's work on the character. There was no Gambit in the series. :)

I haven't forgotten the Trial of Gambit Stuff, just slow getting to it. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #446 on: August 22, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »
Screw Attack does a History of Gambit video... They completely glossed over the Asums solo but it's pretty comprehensive.

https://youtu.be/UTowxmneU_E

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2016, 12:05:13 PM »
i found this old Q&A from 1994 with Chris Potter who voiced Gambit in XTAS if anyone is interested he starts talking about it at 26 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAyj7j-VBFw
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:35:10 PM by Dantay »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #448 on: August 28, 2016, 03:07:42 PM »
Awesome but it seems you forgot to add link :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #449 on: August 28, 2016, 04:09:09 PM »
Also I saw a question in other forum and it seems that nobody has answer for it.
Dantay, maybe you can help.

When Nick Fury told that Gambit is one of the best H2H fighters he had ever seen?