Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098534 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #615 on: January 31, 2017, 06:17:44 AM »
It will be out tomorrow.

I am sure you will see a lot of posts here tomorrow and I hope ithey will be positive :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #616 on: January 31, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
Is the Monsters Unleashed thingy with Gambit out today?  I won't be able to pick it up before Friday, would anybody be able to tell us how it is if they read it?

think its tomorrow (Wednesday) dude

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #617 on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
Oh crap you guys are right it's only Tuesday today! I've been a day ahead since yesterday! 

I need to sort my life out  :P

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #618 on: January 31, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »
You guys are talking about the ANXM.MU issue right? There's no other tie-in he's a part of that I'm aware of...
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #619 on: January 31, 2017, 01:35:50 PM »
Is the Monsters Unleashed thingy with Gambit out today?  I won't be able to pick it up before Friday, would anybody be able to tell us how it is if they read it?

No clue... I was hoping to ignore this cash grab foolishness, but I may be sucked into buying the Gambit issues.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #620 on: January 31, 2017, 02:00:41 PM »
No clue... I was hoping to ignore this cash grab foolishness, but I may be sucked into buying the Gambit issues.

Oh I am ignoring it. But I'm also rooting for as many Gambit appearances as possible anywhere all the time always.
Who Dat

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #621 on: January 31, 2017, 02:06:19 PM »
Whitley's a huge fan. Maybe if it does well Marvel will see fit to let him do more with the character. He's the only sure bet we have when it comes to someone actively pursuing Gambit. Everyone else who likes him is content enough to not ask for him.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #622 on: January 31, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »
WAY out of left field speculation... Bunn said in his last X-Po he's nowhere near done with Deadpool, but can't speak about the future of Merc$ (because I think it's ending). If that ended and we got a Wade and Remy buddy book by Bunn I'd be ecstatic.

Again.. this is my mind running wild on me. And me letting it.  :D :gambit:
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #623 on: January 31, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »
WAY out of left field speculation... Bunn said in his last X-Po he's nowhere near done with Deadpool, but can't speak about the future of Merc$ (because I think it's ending). If that ended and we got a Wade and Remy buddy book by Bunn I'd be ecstatic.

Again.. this is my mind running wild on me. And me letting it.  :D :gambit:

I'd buy into a Deadpool/Gambit book by a writer of Bunn's talent! Heck you can make it a meta joke and continue to call it 'Deadpool V Gambit'. They'd still be working together faithfully, but routinely leave each other hanging, mostly comically. It can be deeper than just one upping each other. It wouldn't be that they don't "like" each other, but they have such a profound respect for the others ability to survive, they don't worry when the know the other is in a pinch.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #624 on: January 31, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
I'd buy into a Deadpool/Gambit book by a writer of Bunn's talent! Heck you can make it a meta joke and continue to call it 'Deadpool V Gambit'. They'd still be working together faithfully, but routinely leave each other hanging, mostly comically. It can be deeper than just one upping each other. It wouldn't be that they don't "like" each other, but they have such a profound respect for the others ability to survive, they don't worry when the know the other is in a pinch.

You and I are on another level right now and it's starting to scare me to be honest.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #625 on: January 31, 2017, 11:43:51 PM »
Are you two having a bromance moment or something? LOL

I would also like a DP/G book and written by Bunn as well. The concept of DvG is great and can be easily worked into several minis or an ongoing. Just needs some depth overall. :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #626 on: February 01, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »
So ill let someone else spoil the ANXM MU tie in, ill just say its good, the relationship between Remy and Laura has grown and its depicted perfectly. my only problem is two things Gambit keeps saying waaaaay to much and thats Darlin and he talks in the third person, not as much as TAS but enough to go, awe come on man. Solid issue and nice to see Gambit not depicted as an idiot for once

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #627 on: February 01, 2017, 10:17:10 AM »
I really liked All-New X-Men #1 MU.

Remy and Laura interaction was so good. It was an awesome guest star appearence.

I liked it but some can don`t like third person speach.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #628 on: February 01, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »
Silva posted new pic on his instagram with Kitty Pryde.
So it seems he is working on X-Men Gold and Gambit will have cameo there.

I don't think that he will join team because all Gold membrrs has new costumes and Gambit has his current one.

Sad that Gambit won't be part of Weapon X but I am not surprised.
Also I am glad thay Gambit will at least appear in Gold. He wasn't in any flagship X-Men book for yeeeears.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #629 on: February 01, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
All New X-Men #1 MU:

Aside from the third person, some odd wording and one dees - Gambit didn’t sound too bad. I suppose being in NO might be a factor.

I think the relationship between Remy and Laura was handled well. Not a bad appearance.

Interesting choice in the art for Gambit's powers. Made me think Legacy when Remy charged a machine and killed the telepath.

Edit: I thought Pickles the Bamf was humorous and that Gambit wanted a bamf made me laugh, expecially when Laura said the bamf eats like a horse.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:04:31 PM by Nekobaghira »