Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098590 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #645 on: February 06, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »
It is not like anyone asked him and he refused to answer.

True, but when Deadpool and even Logan were less than a year out of production start, there was way more content and quotes from the actors than we've gotten from Channing's silence.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #646 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
Would it be terrible if this movie went ahead without Tatum?  I mean, he's a massive draw for people to buy tickets so there's that, and he loves the character, so there's also that.  But if he pulled out and they still went ahead with the film, do you think it would suffer as a result? 

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #647 on: February 06, 2017, 11:09:12 AM »
Movie wouldn't happen without Tatum.

Honestly, the only people that would be pleased are the ones that think he has no acting ability and would rather Gaspard Ulliel to take over (despite him not having actual acting ability). Those people are a minority and I think the movie would suffer.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #648 on: February 06, 2017, 02:21:48 PM »
I think a movie COULD be made with out Tatum. However, the likelihood in my eyes for that to happen would be a big, fat, whopping zero percent if Tatum were to bow out of it.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #649 on: February 06, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
I think a movie COULD be made with out Tatum. However, the likelihood in my eyes for that to happen would be a big, fat, whopping zero percent if Tatum were to bow out of it.

Agreed. He's the only thing that adds legitimacy to the project. The original script was supposed to really good, but thats gone, then we had a couple good directors, but thats up in smoke too so...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #650 on: February 06, 2017, 03:51:25 PM »
Tatum deserves to be Gambit.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #651 on: February 06, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
I agree Tatum deserves it ... he lobbied for it. Now, to get it back on track.  :gambit:

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #652 on: February 06, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #653 on: February 06, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »
A Gambit article not written by Brett White? I call shenanigans.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #654 on: February 07, 2017, 02:29:38 AM »
Interesting list but Cap fight at #2 is ridiculous.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #655 on: February 07, 2017, 10:39:42 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: Gambit Returns on X-Men Gold #4 Cover Art

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-x-men-gold-gambit-cover-marvel/

Looove this cover :gambit:

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #656 on: February 07, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
Can't argue about the cover, it's stunning.  What's that story arc that had Gambit leading a team with Jean Grey, Beast, Cable and somebody else?  That was Uncanny X-Men, no?  That had the same thing with Gambit holding cards of his team mates.  And also Uncanny X-Men 350, where he's holding the cards in front of his face.  It's like a mix of those two covers. 

So this is that instagram art we've been seeing? 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but can we be done with guest appearances?  Don't get me wrong I'm grateful, I'd rather guest appearances over limbo.  But it would be nice for him to just be on a team again. 

And what do you guys think, Gambit doing the flip-flop thing that Marvel loves with his character and being the bad guy in this arc? 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #657 on: February 07, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »
If Gambit will appear as baddy then I hope he will kick Old Man Logan`s ass ;D
Bang, Old Man, you dead :gambit:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #658 on: February 07, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »
Can't argue about the cover, it's stunning.  What's that story arc that had Gambit leading a team with Jean Grey, Beast, Cable and somebody else?  That was Uncanny X-Men, no?  That had the same thing with Gambit holding cards of his team mates.  And also Uncanny X-Men 350, where he's holding the cards in front of his face.  It's like a mix of those two covers. 

So this is that instagram art we've been seeing? 

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but can we be done with guest appearances?  Don't get me wrong I'm grateful, I'd rather guest appearances over limbo.  But it would be nice for him to just be on a team again. 

And what do you guys think, Gambit doing the flip-flop thing that Marvel loves with his character and being the bad guy in this arc? 

He was also holding cards with team mates for all-new X-Factor #3 variant.
And holding cards near face in Gambit# 17.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #659 on: February 07, 2017, 01:04:08 PM »
Love the cover, don't trust GUUUUUGGENHEIIIIIIIIIIM or editorial. As long as he's not the heel of the story... Or the idiot, or the wimp or whatever nonsense trope they've forced on him since 2004.