Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1095364 times)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #750 on: February 24, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »
It will never happen, they keep on pushing it back..... :(
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #751 on: February 24, 2017, 04:23:34 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #752 on: February 24, 2017, 08:20:46 PM »
It will happen!

Thanks! Loved it.
So the beginning of 2018 as shooting so I suppose february 2019 is planned as release.
Great to hear at least somethig.
Respect Tatum a lot!

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #753 on: February 24, 2017, 08:28:17 PM »
Nice to hear they plan on making Gambit a franchise, along with New Mutants and Deadpool. Time for Fox to show just how much gold they struck when they bought the movie rights from Marvel.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #754 on: February 25, 2017, 04:56:28 AM »
Nice to hear they plan on making Gambit a franchise, along with New Mutants and Deadpool. Time for Fox to show just how much gold they struck when they bought the movie rights from Marvel.

Me too. Really hope thst they will be abe to make that sexy heist thriller feeling that they promised.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #755 on: February 25, 2017, 05:33:30 AM »
“Yeah, it is going to happen, and it’s just a question…," Kinberg began, pausing to choose his next words carefully.
"Channing is—in the best possible way—as committed and as rigorous about getting the character right as Ryan was with Deadpool and as Hugh was with Logan on this movie, and so it’s been about finding a filmmaker and someone who can capture that voice and hand it off to Channing. But he’s been a really critical part of the process, and we’re hoping that the movie—probably given his schedule—will be ready to go this year and probably shoot next year.”

http://lrmonline.com/news/gambit-when-might-we-see-channing-tatums-x-movie

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #756 on: February 25, 2017, 07:12:41 AM »
Me too. Really hope thst they will be abe to make that sexy heist thriller feeling that they promised.

I hope that's exactly what it is because it gives us something different from Wolverine movies, different from Deadpool movies, and different from the main X-Men and New Mutants movies, but still in the same universe. And that's partly what'll make it succeed.

“Yeah, it is going to happen, and it’s just a question…," Kinberg began, pausing to choose his next words carefully.
"Channing is—in the best possible way—as committed and as rigorous about getting the character right as Ryan was with Deadpool and as Hugh was with Logan on this movie, and so it’s been about finding a filmmaker and someone who can capture that voice and hand it off to Channing. But he’s been a really critical part of the process, and we’re hoping that the movie—probably given his schedule—will be ready to go this year and probably shoot next year.”

http://lrmonline.com/news/gambit-when-might-we-see-channing-tatums-x-movie

That comparison to Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman makes me so happy because everybody knows how dedicated to their characters those two were/are.  So for Tatum to recognize that and do the same for Gambit is really awesome.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #757 on: February 26, 2017, 12:07:07 AM »
They let Deadpool be Deadpool and and Wolverine be Wolverine, both with directors and stars that wanted to make a movie that displayed the character, and it turned out great in both instances. Gambit is a playboy ladies man that supposedly has a list of past flings that far surpasses all. He blows things up by touching them, is as agile as anyone and grew up around magic, ancient beings, and deadly assassins and eventually becomes a X-Man. The movie can be an absolute joyride. It can also be the first mainstream comic book movie that goes the full action-thriller route with enough sexual content that'll make Basic Instinct blush...

That's a complete exaggeration on my part, but it can really be something the X-Men haven't seen in the same vein that Deadpool and Logan were able to be.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:11:21 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #758 on: February 26, 2017, 12:28:08 AM »
They let Deadpool be Deadpool and and Wolverine be Wolverine, both with directors and stars that wanted to make a movie that displayed the character, and it turned out great in both instances. Gambit is a playboy ladies man that supposedly has a list of past flings that far surpasses all. He blows things up by touching them, is as agile as anyone and grew up around magic, ancient beings, and deadly assassins and eventually becomes a X-Man. The movie can be an absolute joyride. It can also be the first mainstream comic book movie that goes the full action-thriller route with enough sexual content that'll make Basic Instinct blush...

That's a complete exaggeration on my part, but it can really be something the X-Men haven't seen in the same vein that Deadpool and Logan were able to be.

This guy gets it.
Who Dat

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #759 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »
If it's an origin story, there is probably plenty of violence in clashing with the Assassin's Guild and if he runs into Sabretooth and the Marauders. I suppose you can have Candra in his origin and maybe Genevieve depending on how far it progresses but I would say his ladies man status was post Bella not before as I would think it should be Bella dying that causes him to give up on love and become the ladies man we know and love.

So personally I would like to see a progression in the movies as it's the harsh and tragic upbringing that makes the carefree ladies man less superficial as you realize that's part of his coping mechanism.  I think you lose some of the depth of the character if you don't show that if this is meant to be an origin story.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #760 on: February 26, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
There could definitely be a higher amount of violence if it were an origin story. The assassins and thieves aren't exactly warm and fuzzy... especially towards each other. And the violence can get ramped up more if Sabretooth shows up. I would love for Liev Schreiber to reprise the role.  He's another way to fill the void that'll be left by Jackman's Wolverine.  You don't need Wolverine for Sabretooth, because we have Gambit  :gambit:

I'd like to see Fox keep all the grittier x-movies R-rated.. or at least attempt to. Logan, the Deadpool films, X-Force, and Gambit. And then have the main x-men films and new mutants pg-13.  I think that would be a good balance. I'm not saying Gambit NEEDS to be R.. but they don't need THAT big of a budget for a Gambit film and they'd be able to take more liberties with an R rating.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #761 on: February 26, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »
If it's an origin story, there is probably plenty of violence in clashing with the Assassin's Guild and if he runs into Sabretooth and the Marauders. I suppose you can have Candra in his origin and maybe Genevieve depending on how far it progresses but I would say his ladies man status was post Bella not before as I would think it should be Bella dying that causes him to give up on love and become the ladies man we know and love.

So personally I would like to see a progression in the movies as it's the harsh and tragic upbringing that makes the carefree ladies man less superficial as you realize that's part of his coping mechanism.  I think you lose some of the depth of the character if you don't show that if this is meant to be an origin story.

What if they make Sabretooth a recurring character? But that would assume that it gets more than one movie. The first movie and can be an origin movie, revolving around NOLA but by the final act of the movie is in Paris (or at least an equivalent, perhaps NY instead). The Genevieve story might be too convoluted if Belle is going to be present as an interest as well, so I guess the story can be tweaked. Perhaps Bella can accompany him on the heist (by choice or not), gets caught up and takes Genevieve's place as Sabretooth's captive. Now the question is, "who dies?" we follow the story and have Gambit save his brother or Belle? Being the cause or even involved in her death/murder would be enough to get him banished from NOLA imo, and even motivate a "death sentence" for him enough to be pursued by the Assassin's guild or at least a pissed off family member or two...

Assuming it gets a second movie, we could pick there, Gambit on the road alone and full brooding mode taking whatever job comes his way, powers flipping out all the way. He ends up taking up jobs he shouldn't and comes across a guy (Sinister) that can help him solve his issue and in return wants a errand run which does or doesnt lead to the Morlock Massacre and involves the Marauders or just Sabretooth. The final act would be him trying to stop what he initiated single handedly, which can undoubtedly very bloody and violent.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #762 on: February 26, 2017, 04:00:59 PM »
I kind of hope they do the first movie (provided it becomes a franchise), like Deadpool, in the sense that it's not a straight up chronological origin story. I hope they bounce around a little bit. Like maybe show Remy's involvement with the TG and then flash back to when he was a baby for a minute or flash back to when he was younger and the reason behind why he throws cards (I love that).

Introduce Sabretooth as the main villain, again hoping it'll be Schreiber because he would definitely bring some more star power to the film, which can't hurt. Then as the films transition from one to the other, we get reintroduced to Sinister and learn how fascinated he is with Remy's DNA. I doubt we'll ever get any of the New Son stuff, just like I doubt we'll ever see Deadpool and the Mithras story adapted. But there's more than enough story to make it a trilogy. And even if they decide not to go that way, I wouldn't be upset with getting a solo film and then have him added to the cast of the main x-films or the x-force films.

Who am I kidding? I'm ready for anything at this point.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #763 on: February 26, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
Bleedingcool are telling that one more flagship X book will be anounced soon.

If Gambit won't be in Gold then maybe he will be in new team

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #764 on: February 26, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »
Kind of keeping my fingers crossed that he has a falling out with Kitty or something.. drawing from that one IG post from Silva where she looks mad at him.. and then similarly to how Polaris recruited him for X-Factor, Emma Frost recruits him for Uncanny X-Men. Or whatever they want to call it.
Who Dat