Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098755 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2017, 04:18:46 AM »
People are saying that Bunn could be the writer on this.  

Well, there's no evidence to suggest that so it's guesswork but folks on those forums are good at their guesswork.  But if it is Bunn, then chances of that being Gambit have increased!  

I've also just noticed that if you look at what folk are assuming is Gambit's staff, you can see the outline of his knuckles where he's holding on to it.  Classic that, him holding on to his staff and sort of leaning on it.  And is that his trenchcoat between OML's legs there? 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:23:48 AM by Spoonz »

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/839237985837150208

No, just NO! That mother and daughter will ruin everything. I lost my interest in this book.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #842 on: March 07, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/x-men-resurrxion-rogue-mystique-marvel/
haha just no, hopefully Gambit will not be part of this

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #843 on: March 07, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
You can count me out with this book too. I don't want to read about Rogue or Mystique. LOL

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #844 on: March 07, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
I was asking myself why I am not very excited about that book with a possible great team. It turned out that I have spider sense.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »
Still very much interested. Not sorry about it lol.

Now... if it ends up involving Fantomex... probably less so.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #846 on: March 07, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »
I'll wait and see ... who knows ... I'd love to say ... I'm all excited but I'm not. However - sometimes you can be surprised. I want Gambit to be in something but at this point he's been treated so horribly that its hard to feel the feels for it. LOL

Wait and see I guess - who knows. I would love to be surprised by some good writing and art. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2017, 01:30:41 AM »
Still going positive.
Good writers can create miracles.

And what if Gambit will be on 2 books?
On Gold and on this new X book?

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2017, 03:12:13 AM »
That's disappointing, guys.

Do we still think that's Gambit? It still looks like a staff and trench coat. Although I thought rogues hair was his.

Man that was a blow to the chest.

Edit:  I should elaborate, since I'd just woken up and I was on my phone. 

So yeah, having Gambit on two teams would be awesome, Purp (although I'm not convinced Gold is more than a guest appearance for a few issues).  And to be honest, I wouldn't even mind having Rogue and Gambit on a team together if I trusted writers to make it work!  Duggan did alright with the two of them being a bit flirty but not having any angst.  So if it gets handled that way?  Fine, I'm down.  Asmus' take on the pair?  Awesome, let's do it. 

BUT aside from those two writers, they're handled awfully together.  Throw Mystique in there?  Yeah not so good.  Oh well, let's wait and see then. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:35:29 AM by Spoonz »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2017, 04:29:30 AM »
My guess this book will be relaunched Uncanny.
Archangel, Psylocke and Mystique stays from previous roster.
I am sure it is Gambit on cover down right.

Rogue can be in 2 books, teen Jean and Cyke are in 2 books,  Logan in 4 or 5, so Gambit can be in 2 books too.

I think we saw too many sketches with Gambit for Gold for it to be just a cameo.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2017, 07:03:50 AM »
I think for me the thought of Gambit being in 2 ongoing titles is too good to be true.  Happy to be proved wrong though. 

As for Gold, well I think yeah it'll be more than a cameo, when he's in it I think he'll be prominently featured.  But there just isn't much to indicate that he'll remain as a permanent member. 

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #851 on: March 08, 2017, 08:11:06 AM »
I think his appearances in Gold will help set up this new book.  And then it'll run as a sister title of sorts to Gold.. except better because the roster (even with Rogue, for those who hate her) is already infinitely better than the one in Gold lol.

I'm thinking OML sees how Kitty treats Gambit (this is just me spit balling and using the RB Silva posts as a basis) and is annoyed by it, so he recruits him for a separate team.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #852 on: March 08, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »
Spas found it. It seems Atgerm is making cover with Gambit and Rogue

&source=54

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #853 on: March 08, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
That's still has to be Gambit's outline... but I'm not excited at the idea of him being slipped underneath Rogue like that... and I'm a Romy fan! You're barely going to see him at all, if he's there. And if it's not him. THEY DID THAT @##$ ON PURPOSE. That outline better not disappear into a freaking pipe or something. That line of blackness is still too distinct to be anyone else unless intentionally placed.  And typically splash covers are representative of the focus of the book. The less you see the character, the less usage they will have in said book... unless you're Mike Carey. Then you're allowed to basically do whatever you want, despite covers and solicit summaries. It's crazy how this went from 'really cool' to 'wtf'. Why the @#@$ is Mystique an X-Man?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #854 on: March 08, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »
Spas found it. It seems Atgerm is making cover with Gambit and Rogue

&source=54

Rogue looks so much better without the 'boobjob' boobs. ;D
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D