Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098263 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #855 on: March 08, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »
Rogue looks so much better without the 'boobjob' boobs. ;D

Au naturale, mon ami
Who Dat

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #856 on: March 08, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
That's still has to be Gambit's outline... but I'm not excited at the idea of him being slipped underneath Rogue like that

I think he's kneeling or squatting or whatevering in front of Rogue though?  Look at her again, the lower half of her body is still completely blacked out.  

It looks like behind OML is Gambit and whoever (Betsy?  Deadpool?) both on their haunches either side, then Rogue and Mystique (boooooo!) standing behind them and then Cable and please god no but probably Fantomex standing up behind them.  

By the way, this is a very big team.  

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #857 on: March 08, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »
Well end of Wolverine game out and pretty much nothing in it for a Gambit fan unless you like beans.  Having seen the whole arc now, pretty much a waste of an appearance but par for the course for Marvel these days when it comes to Gambit.  Although X-23 is probably my second favorite character right now so it was worth it if you are interested in her.  Otherwise, no buy if you are only interested in Gambit.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #858 on: March 08, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
Good to know, I forgot the book was out but now don't feel the need to get it.

edit:
If anyone has a scan they're willing to share ... I'd appreciate it.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:36:20 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #859 on: March 08, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »
its Wolverines book not Gambit he had a good showing, he wasnt knocked out or taken down, he looked powerful too more so than in any x books the past few years, he blows a hole in the side of an air ship with a tin of beans , its a good read a good finale to the arc and more importantly a well written competent Gambit, he shows up saves Laura , then stands by his friend and helps her, whats not to like

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #860 on: March 08, 2017, 03:15:58 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #861 on: March 08, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »
oof, bad art on the cover. LOL

Is this a mini ... an ongoing?

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #862 on: March 08, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
oof, bad art on the cover. LOL

Is this a mini ... an ongoing?

He looks older than Old Man Logan. And has the same nose as Psylocke.

Who knows? We don't even have the title of this comic yet, but I'm sure it's an ongoing.

I hope Deadpool is in this book and Marvel goes ahead with that rumored Deadpool/Rogue relationship. Free Gambit up to compete with Warren for Psylocke. *sigh* Marvel's much more likely to ride nostalgia with Betsy/Warren and Romy crap though. Let's all remember how awful Gambit/Rogue/Mystique drama was last time it happened. Foxx... :(

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #863 on: March 08, 2017, 03:47:20 PM »
Nothing were told but I am sure it is ongoing.
Sad but I am sure it is not Deadpool. What a shame!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #864 on: March 08, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »
dat face tho  :o

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #865 on: March 08, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
Woah, that's hideous.  

Seriously I hope they don't stick with this artist.  Sadly they usually make the interior artist do the cover for the first issue though, don't they?  I'll be happily wrong in this case.  

All complaining aside though, this must be an ongoing since they wouldn't do this much fanfare for a limited or mini.  AND this is Gambit finally on a team with A-List characters in a book that looks like it will be a central focus.  Let's at least be happy about that for now and hope they don't screw it up :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:17:21 PM by Spoonz »

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #866 on: March 08, 2017, 04:55:10 PM »
Is the Dark Age of Gambit over? I am growing excited. Especially if Bishop is on the team. He needs rebuilding as well.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #867 on: March 08, 2017, 05:19:16 PM »
this could mean Gambit wont be a villain in X-Men Gold and maybe.... very slight possibility of being on two teams

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #868 on: March 08, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »
Yeah that face is pretty bad... But at least Gambit is in ongoing again. Hopefully it's called X-Men. Still wish they would have used someone else other than Mystique... Like anyone. M, Frenzy, Magik, Dazzler, Polaris. Like they had to find some way to polarize the book.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #869 on: March 09, 2017, 04:39:42 AM »
its Wolverines book not Gambit he had a good showing, he wasnt knocked out or taken down, he looked powerful too more so than in any x books the past few years, he blows a hole in the side of an air ship with a tin of beans , its a good read a good finale to the arc and more importantly a well written competent Gambit, he shows up saves Laura , then stands by his friend and helps her, whats not to like

I agree it was good. The only thing is that it all was shown in preview again :)