Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098253 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #885 on: March 10, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »
He's also saying that he's not really sticking to continuity.  Oh dear.  

What does that mean? "Not really sticking to continuity?" It's a comic book using preexisting comic book characters.

And Soule is the one that created that Gambit clone of a sidekick for Daredevil?! Now he's writing a book with yet another Gambit clone in it and Gambit? I was really starting to look forward to this. All that hope about this meaning he wasn't going to be foil in Gold seems to be all for not. If he may still turn out to be a cad.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:16:11 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #886 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:39 AM »
Between the potential Psylocke/Archangel/Fantomex and Rogue/Mystique/Gambit melodrama, this book could be an absolute disaster.

This would have been much better if Weapon X and this book were merged into one with the cast being Old Man Logan, Psylocke, Gambit, Domino, Bishop, Archangel and Lady Deathstrike.

Ah crap I forgot about that Psylocke/Angel/Fantomex thing... It's one of the reasons I quit X-Force... Or whatever book it was that focused on that and the gender bending nervous system.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:20:38 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #887 on: March 10, 2017, 03:01:52 AM »
Soule told no leader. Again mentioned that it is cast and not team.
I hope Gambit will have a good role.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #888 on: March 10, 2017, 05:10:13 AM »
What does that mean? "Not really sticking to continuity?" It's a comic book using preexisting comic book characters.

Here ya go:

@CharlesSoule The whole cast has super complex pasts. Not ignoring the history, but I am specifically writing this so you DON'T HAVE TO KNOW IT TO ENJOY.

@CharlesSoule
My version of this: "Continuity is a tool, not a rule."

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #889 on: March 10, 2017, 06:46:04 AM »
Charles Soule‏
I didn't say it's no continuity, and it DEFINITELY counts. It's just that I'm trying to make it VERY new-reader friendly.

Right - may not be for people looking for perfectly aligned continuity. It's there, but it's loose. As I said, I'll take the hit.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #890 on: March 10, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »
The continuity thing annoys me. This isn't creator owned stuff. It's something unique to comics and it should be followed. Writers calling it a crutch or non-necessity bugs me. It's not just him, but he's doing that now, and that's annoying.
Who Dat

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #891 on: March 10, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »

And Soule is the one that created that Gambit clone of a sidekick for Daredevil?! Now he's writing a book with yet another Gambit clone in it and Gambit? I was really starting to look forward to this. All that hope about this meaning he wasn't going to be foil in Gold seems to be all for not. If he may still turn out to be a cad.

I think Gambit will be a series regular in Gold where this book will probably be more like that X-Men Unlimited series back in the early-mid 2000s where it stared the same characters in a rotational format that had individual one off stories that didn't deal with storylines currently happening. I hope that's what he's referring to instead of, "Eff their publication history. I got this." Haha
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #892 on: March 10, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »
New @#$##$$_ readers? New @#$#$#& there are no new readers! Not enough to base your readership around! What the @$$#?! So we're just ignoring more @#$# to make people that don't exist more interested? They pick a bunch of classic characters (except Fantomex) steeped in lore to appeal to NEW readers?

I'm starting to think that because OML is in gold, this book is going to be treated much like the last volume of AST. Side missions and plots ignored by all the other books. Kinda like Wolverine and friends. Is Rogue set to continue in UA? That'd be another sign. This cover may just be another bait and switch. Mystique may be in then book as much as she was in Uncanny, Gambit might only show for a panel here and there. Bishop might be around for the first two arcs seeing as I think he's the one they will be "rescuing". This might just end up being OML with Psylocke and Archangel with Fantomex tagging along. Everyone else might just be glorified cameos. Marvel doing this day by day reveal just for Soule to say "it's not the roster, just the cast" throws mixed signals and has really dampened my expectations. I expect nothing. Was a OML solo announced?

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #893 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:36 PM »
OML solo is continuing if that's what you're asking.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #894 on: March 10, 2017, 12:25:02 PM »
Because I could and we all like to see this stuff sometimes.

I've screen capped Soule's tweets. I won't do them all but I'll share what I find.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #895 on: March 10, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
So official quasi-fanfiction. Great...

They should have just pulled up their big boy pants and reset the universe after Secret Wars like DC did. This is just a lazy stop gap.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #896 on: March 10, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »
Instead of all this goofy-ness, I think you are right. They should have reset. It would have far better than continuity lite. LOL

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #897 on: March 10, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
lets try and be positive people were forgetting the most important thing here and thats Gambit is in an X Book maybe even two, the continuety thing might mean its not tied down by whats happening in the other x-books like it wont be at the mercy of tie ins and what not

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #898 on: March 10, 2017, 02:59:27 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #899 on: March 10, 2017, 03:02:37 PM »
lets try and be positive people were forgetting the most important thing here and thats Gambit is in an X Book maybe even two, the continuety thing might mean its not tied down by whats happening in the other x-books like it wont be at the mercy of tie ins and what not

I agree:)
Gambit is back in ongoing X