Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1099020 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #915 on: March 16, 2017, 07:29:39 PM »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #916 on: March 17, 2017, 09:58:14 AM »
People are going to vote Jean Grey hands down because of Phoenix.  And yeah I mean fair enough full powered Phoenix would beat like...anybody just about.  That's a bit of an unfair one if you ask me. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #917 on: March 17, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »
Well, full powered New Son killed Phoenix.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #918 on: March 17, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
Well, full powered New Son killed Phoenix.

Yes, but the masses that vote for these things won't know/care about that.  Heck they get time to prepare, I'd give Gambit an edge over Jean Grey any day of the week because of his natural resistance to telepathy but that's something people won't take into consideration.  That or he'll think of some way to distract her, cardboard cut out of Scott or Logan or whatever.  

*sound snippet from XTAS on a hidden speaker*: "JEEAN!"
Phoenix: "SCOTT!"
Gambit blows her up when she's not looking.  The end. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #919 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-june-2017-solicitations-preview-x-men-gold-iceman-jean-grey/ Looks like he is joining the Gold team after all if the cover is anything to go by

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2017, 09:38:10 PM »
I'll wait until after the second arc is over to see if that's really true.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-june-2017-solicitations-preview-x-men-gold-iceman-jean-grey/ Looks like he is joining the Gold team after all if the cover is anything to go by

But we already know he was going to be in a couple issues during the 2nd. This doesn't really prove anything new. Yeah, Sentinels are back!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #922 on: March 21, 2017, 03:35:04 AM »

Love that 90`s vibe Gambit on Syaf`s cover. I hope he joins team:)
#6 is the end of arc. I would think if it was just a cameo then solitics would say guest starring Gambit.

Would be cool if new sentinels has Iron-man`s parts that were stolen in Gambit #15 from Stark by Guilds.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:43:41 AM by purplevit »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #923 on: March 21, 2017, 06:46:53 AM »
It's hard to tell, because yes if it's a guest appearance it usually says "guess starring" somewhere, but they also usually make a song and dance about any new members joining the team.  It's weird.  No way to figure it out right now though.  So far I'm still getting the feeling that he's only in one arc, but I guess we won't know until we get it in our hands. 

On a side note, were they not building up to Gambit reappearing in Uncanny Avengers?  Whatever happened to that?  More lead up to nothing?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #924 on: March 21, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »
It's hard to tell, because yes if it's a guest appearance it usually says "guess starring" somewhere, but they also usually make a song and dance about any new members joining the team.  It's weird.  No way to figure it out right now though.  So far I'm still getting the feeling that he's only in one arc, but I guess we won't know until we get it in our hands. 

On a side note, were they not building up to Gambit reappearing in Uncanny Avengers?  Whatever happened to that?  More lead up to nothing?

Nothing happened. He didn't appear again, complete waste of energy.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #925 on: March 21, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »

Abso-##$#_&#-lutely nothing. Duggan completely trolled us and possibly Magneto fans. Deadpool says he went to the X-Men mansion but didn't find anyone... I didn't know the whole toxic terrigen cloud thing was a secret because he didn't seem to know the X-Men weren't there or neither Magneto not Gambit would be there even if it was. There are a few logic disasters not worth talking about. Magneto should be actively tracked by SHIELD, this accessible through Avenger lines and Gambit SHOULD be intertwined with Guild stuff, so getting in contact with him shouldn't be hard with someone like Deadpool is a freakin mercenary for hire ie underworld connections.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #926 on: March 21, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »
Nothing happened. He didn't appear again, complete waste of energy.

Out... Of... My... Brain.  >:(

???...or am I in yours?

Sorry, Legion makes me question everything.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:06:14 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #927 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »
Out... Of... My... Brain.  >:(

???...or am I in yours?

Sorry, Legion makes me question everything.

heh heh .... it is so much easier to not deal with UA when you know you are being trolled by Marvel, the writer or any other thing.

Whatever that image for an upcoming book ... I'm willing to bet that whomever Rogue is kissing isn't Gambit. It's just another troll like the last few times.

While I could be wrong - I know I won't waste any time on it. I'm certain someone somewhere will tell us what happened.

Online anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #928 on: March 21, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »
I thinking it's another troll, since that seems to be duggan's favorite pastime. I don't think he was really trolling the magneto fans because magneto had never shown up or been mentioned before that one issue and it's entirely possible deadpool wouldn't have been able to find him (because he definitely wouldn't answer if deadpool called him ;)

I think the cable fans felt somewhat trolled. Since cable 'erased' his mind to keep red skull out and the next cover showed cable and red skull fighting on the astral plane. And it's hat didn't happen at all and cable is still erased.

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #929 on: March 21, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »
The solicit for Gold #6 says a member of the team may die. I don't want to get my/anybody's hopes up for Gambit appearing after this arc, but maybe he replaces the the team member that dies if that happens?

If a team member does indeed die, who do you think it would be? Not Kitty as she's the new face of the X-Men/mutants. Gambit and Old Man Logan are safe in Astonishing. Kurt died not that long ago so it might be too soon again. I don't think it would be Rachel since it would be pointless to bring back a character, redesign her and give her a new codename just to kill her off in two months. That leaves Storm and Colossus. Poor Piotr would be my guess. Gotta have some drama for the new leader of the X-Men by killing off one of the most important people to her.