Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098158 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1005 on: April 23, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
At least some writers keep the flame alive and write him as competent.  Asmus obviously wrote his as amazing and then Bunn made him out to be pretty good (sneaking up on Fanto, although you know, any self respecting Gambit fan wouldn't really see that as much of an achievement for the Cajun). 

So there are writers who get it.  Or maybe these other writers need an excuse for Gambit to seek help and they're not creative enough or too lazy to think of anything other than he messes up and needs bailed. 

Claremont did it fine, when Gambit needed help he just ASKED for it, because they were his friends and were willing to be there for him.  They even followed his lead. 

Speaking of Storm, I've never really agreed with her being a better thief than him.  I don't pretend to know much about her history but didn't Gambit pretty much teach her for a while?  And even if she used to be a professional, Gambit's been at it loooong since she stopped. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1006 on: April 23, 2017, 06:09:42 PM »
Make mine Marvel 2017

Gambit is there

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1007 on: April 23, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »
Wow .... surprising ... look to see who didn't make the cast of characters for that promo piece. LOL

While a lot of characters didn't make the board, there is one whose fanbase can be a bit of challenge.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:52:32 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2017, 09:40:17 AM »
LOL Facon/Cap is twice on this poster ;D

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1009 on: April 25, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
LOL Facon/Cap is twice on this poster ;D

Isn't that completely absurd to anyone else?
Who Dat

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #1010 on: April 25, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »
The characters that are on there twice have more than one book. Black Panther has his own title and the Crew.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1011 on: April 26, 2017, 07:23:58 PM »
Someone on cbr said that the top 'sam' is really the new power man. I know nothing about him, so I can't say if that is 'true' or not.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1012 on: April 27, 2017, 10:52:19 AM »
Gambit and Rachel sketch for Gold by Silva I suppose

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1013 on: May 03, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
So the next arc of XMG is the Gambit story. Any thoughts? I'm not sure what to expect from this personally. The fact that the arc springs from yet another Gambit screw up, while stealing, doesn't give me too much confidence that Guggenheim is going to give him a fair shake in terms of characterization... I was already a little on edge from the fact the guy that wrote seasons 3 and 4 of Arrow (the worst of the series) was going to be doing this, but at the same time, someone that writes Arrow should be right at home using a character like Gambit, a street level, more visceral character than rest of his normal cast.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1014 on: May 03, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
When is the issue out, next month?

I was excited for it until the Gambit screwing up thing came to light. Now I'm doing the wait and see game.  If Gambit is good and competent for the rest of the issue I could be cool with it.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1015 on: May 03, 2017, 01:02:45 PM »
http://www.newsarama.com/34340-second-astonishing-x-men-artist-named.html

Gruesome image to start with ...  And its the cover too.

Re: XMG
I dunno ... guess we'll see. I didn't know Guggenheim wrote Arrow. I stopped watching that show so long ago. I couldn't take all the angst.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1016 on: May 03, 2017, 02:58:09 PM »
So now covers are not planned to create excitement for people to buy them?

At least Gambit is front and center Lol

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1017 on: May 03, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »
I actually like it, it's dark.  And heck I'll take skeleton Gambit front and centre! 

See the internal art, it's so small I can't make out exactly who is sitting there.  Is it Gambit and Rogue behind OML and Fanto?  Who is the other guy? 

Well at least we know Gambit is in the second issue.  Such a big team, there are going to be characters sidelined. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1018 on: May 03, 2017, 08:45:02 PM »
I actually like it, it's dark.  And heck I'll take skeleton Gambit front and centre! 

See the internal art, it's so small I can't make out exactly who is sitting there.  Is it Gambit and Rogue behind OML and Fanto?  Who is the other guy? 

Well at least we know Gambit is in the second issue.  Such a big team, there are going to be characters sidelined. 

Beast
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1019 on: May 05, 2017, 09:29:27 PM »
Still wondering if there are any worthwhile comics to read.