Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098185 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1185 on: August 09, 2017, 04:56:23 PM »
It looked like the Deadpool vs. Marvel issue that came out today featured the X-Men. Anyone pick it up? Just curious if Gambit made that issue.

I think Gambit was already killed in previews for previous issue of Deadpool kills Marvel.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1186 on: August 09, 2017, 07:14:23 PM »
Well, that stinks. I don't follow up as much as I used to .... we'll all have to band together to catch G's appearances.

As it is, not a lot of chatter due to lack of appearances.

Astonishing Xmen #2 is out August 16th ... via Marvel.com but sometimes that site burns me ... I'll know this Friday via my LCS if that is indeed fact. :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1187 on: August 10, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »
Yes .... August 16th is the date for Astonishing Xmen #2.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1189 on: August 23, 2017, 01:30:46 PM »
Oh, I see... random X-Men sitting around a table in the X-Mansion playing cards (X-Men Gold #10) and they don't bother to even use Gambit as background art. Oh, OK @#$# you too, Guggenheim, X-Office, Marvel, and whatever editor(s) involved. Mostly joking, but dang.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1190 on: August 23, 2017, 01:35:41 PM »
Oh, I see... random X-Men sitting around a table in the X-Mansion playing cards (X-Men Gold #10) and they don't bother to even use Gambit as background art. Oh, OK @#$# you too, Guggenheim, X-Office, Marvel, and whatever editor(s) involved. Mostly joking, but dang.

If Gambit would be there playing cards then Logan won`t be able to win three hands in raw and be the best there is.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1191 on: August 23, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
Maybe is a blessing in disguise, they might have had him loosing to Logan with the room laughing at him as he pouts in loserdom.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1192 on: August 24, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
Not a sighting but something of mini feature on CBR addressing the time Gambit came back after Blood of Apocalypse

http://www.cbr.com/gambit-hint-impostor-turned-evil/

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1193 on: August 25, 2017, 04:12:40 AM »
Not a sighting but something of mini feature on CBR addressing the time Gambit came back after Blood of Apocalypse

http://www.cbr.com/gambit-hint-impostor-turned-evil/

Gambit wad badass back then.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1194 on: August 25, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »
The art was pretty decent back then too even from Bachalo.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1195 on: August 25, 2017, 05:51:39 PM »

FABIAN NICIEZA On 30 Years In Comics, DEADPOOL's Success, & NFL SUPERPRO's Chances For a Return

https://www.newsarama.com/36105-fabian-nicieza-on-30-years-in-comics-deadpool-s-success-nfl-superpro-s-chances-for-a-return.html

Nrama: Deadpool is a big star now, and some of your X-Force creations are coming into their own now. Are there other characters you created or co-created that you think would do exceptionally well in the spotlight?

Nicieza: I think a non-X-Men focused TV series of a younger Gambit would make a great show. I think if Marvel Studios had decided to introduce a few more "cannon fodder" villains as almost throwaway cameos in their movies, combined with a few of their more prominent villains, then they could have more smartly set up a Thunderbolts movie that would have been as much fun as Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley's first year on the series.

Ironically, I think many of the pitches I made to Marvel -- and even DC - that they passed on contained some of the most viable concepts that they could have expended to film and television.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1196 on: August 26, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »
I think Nicieza could have easily wrote stuff for TV. I am in agreement a younger version of Gambit for TV would be fun. I can imagine all the trouble he could get into.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1197 on: August 26, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
And they would be able to keep New Orleans as the setting.. which would be awesome .
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1198 on: August 29, 2017, 03:13:59 AM »
Anka is drawing Gambit again

Probably for Astonishing. I like his art much more now. His style has changed a little bit

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1199 on: August 29, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »
I appreciate his art more now. I am not sure if style has changed all that much but I do like this image.