Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098449 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1215 on: October 31, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »
Astonishing ending with issue 12, will have no impact on the new book. It also doesn't meant Gambit will be the one in the new book. Its 50/50 at this point in time, and I think it will be Rogue. However, I would be pleasantly surprised if it was Gambit. I just don't think it will be.  ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1216 on: October 31, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »
Astonishing ending with issue 12, will have no impact on the new book. It also doesn't meant Gambit will be the one in the new book. Its 50/50 at this point in time, and I think it will be Rogue. However, I would be pleasantly surprised if it was Gambit. I just don't think it will be.  ;)

lol Astonishing will no impact on ANY book. It's an insulated, isolated story barely steeped in continuity. That is the only reason Rogue was allowed to be in a book with an "X" in the title. To be honest... I'm not entirely sure why it even exists.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1217 on: October 31, 2017, 06:53:59 PM »
I don't agree. Even before Astonishing started it was stated that it will lead to smth new.

Also I doubt that Xavier return will have no impact on other books.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1218 on: October 31, 2017, 07:13:11 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but where was it stated that Astonishing would lead into anything. It's literally an island with a story not connected to anything. Was there some interview I missed? Not doubting you, I just don't see how this current story in Astonishing would tie into anything.  :D

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1219 on: October 31, 2017, 10:39:17 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but where was it stated that Astonishing would lead into anything. It's literally an island with a story not connected to anything. Was there some interview I missed? Not doubting you, I just don't see how this current story in Astonishing would tie into anything.  :D

Soule tweeted that it could lead into something bigger. I'll try to find it.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1220 on: October 31, 2017, 10:45:48 PM »
I think he insinuated that it could go on longer if it sold well. Which means it doesn't have a clear path outside of 12. I'm not happy about that. I like the book despite who much Soule doesn't understand Gambit. But having Logan an Rogue in this book when they are busy elsewhere in a story that doesn't seem to occur anywhere within the current realm of continuity doesn't bode well. The fact that Xavier may return through this is its only saving grace, but I doubt anything that happens here will be mentioned anywhere else. I mean c'mon, 4/5 of the cast is in limbo outside of this book.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1221 on: October 31, 2017, 11:55:37 PM »
Soule tweeted that it could lead into something bigger. I'll try to find it.

Thanks .. I may have dismissed some of Soule's stuff because I wasn't thrilled with his concept. I would like to know if there is other plans though.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1222 on: November 01, 2017, 12:04:31 AM »
I think he insinuated that it could go on longer if it sold well. Which means it doesn't have a clear path outside of 12. I'm not happy about that.

It started out in a defeatist attitude - a premise what it would be .. then "maybe" be more. Bad marketing in my view.

I mean c'mon, 4/5 of the cast is in limbo outside of this book.

This is why I am doubtful for Gambit. Whatever the new book is, they'll pick the character who has been in the books or wanted and all that ... and for quite some time its not Gambit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1223 on: November 01, 2017, 07:44:33 AM »
I was talking about this

Astonishing X-Men Leading to Something ‘Significant and New’

https://www.cbr.com/astonishing-x-men-leading-to-something-significant-and-new/

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1224 on: November 01, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
Thanks Purp!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1225 on: November 01, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »
You are welcome ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1226 on: November 02, 2017, 03:53:35 AM »
Cc found a pic that Anka is drawing Gambit in his X-Factor iniform. He is doing R&G covers but what if it is cover for X-Factor return?

New team book with Gambit or Rogue are coming :)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1227 on: November 02, 2017, 07:38:50 AM »
How would that make sense though, didn't that team get disbanded at the end of the run?  I don't know how it ended I gave up on it. 

If it were PAD having another go at it and actually, y'know, staying committed this time, I'd be excited but that's a pretty vague bit of info to speculate on, as far as I'm concerned. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1228 on: November 02, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
*chuckles* .... man oh man are we Gambit starved or what.

Anka posted that picture on twitter and instagram saying "I miss ya buddy"

I doubt its to mean anything more than what was posted.

Here is the tweet.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:18:37 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1229 on: November 02, 2017, 08:45:29 AM »
Anka posted sketch with Gambit for R&G cover #1 before this book was announced and we thought thta it was a variant for Astonishing.  With that sketch he wrote: I missed this Cajun.

I am sure new sketch is for cover too. Maybe just a variant but not just a pic because he likes to draw Gambit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:51:39 AM by Nekobaghira »