Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1099054 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1425 on: March 12, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »
Neko... Look away.

So it will have 3 stories.
By Guggenheim, KT and Calremont.

KT told that Gambit won`t appear in her story.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1426 on: March 12, 2018, 10:05:32 AM »

So it will have 3 stories.
By Guggenheim, KT and Calremont.

KT told that Gambit won`t appear in her story.

Lame  :-\

Oh well, I'll still probably pick it up. I've grown to really like KT's writing and I'm curious to see what Claremont's story is

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1427 on: March 12, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »
There's go my rack-scan... I mean, who was the editor that said this was something people want? The only people that care about this are the same people who say "I can't wait for the Kitty Pryde movie!" Why? She's had one story of relevance outside of the late 80s. Some people talk about DoFP like its up there with Dark Phoenix. Listen here, DoFP was two issues. So that's it. "Professor Xavier is a Jerk!" and DoFP before being in Excalibur and then limbo basically until the late 90s when she came back to the X-Men proper, at such time I can't recall her doing anything until Whedon's Astonishing run. Kitty is not this transcending fan-mongering vehicle. I can ask everyone I work with "who's Kitty Pryde?" and they'll shrug. Guaranteed. Oh, right, they tried to make her a thing in X-Men Evolution.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:20:13 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1428 on: March 12, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »
I never liked Kitty. For me she is annoying and has the most boring power.
But I also never liked Jean and thought that she is boring too. I liked Jean in RED and kinda like her now.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1429 on: March 12, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
I never liked Kitty. For me she is annoying and has the most boring power.
But I also never liked Jean and thought that she is boring too. I liked Jean in RED and kinda like her now.

I've got mixed feelings about Kitty. I like the idea of her and her powers, but she annoys me a lot of the time and I can't stand the circle-jerk that's centered around her among many X-Fans. I did, however, like her in Whedon's Astonishing as a foil to Emma Frost

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Just a heads up, Jim Zub might be hinting at a Gambit appearance in 'Mystery in Madripoor', not 100% but I read something about it on the 'Gambit & Rogue' thread at CBR.
I think Zub said something on Twitter.

Just a follow up. Here's an interview with Zub and co. I don't think Gambit will be in it, it's an all X-Woman team up.

https://www.cbr.com/interview-zub-cebulski-silas-hunt-for-wolverine/

Gambit or not, I don't think I would've picked it up anyway. The concept doesn't really grab me.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »

Just a follow up. Here's an interview with Zub and co. I don't think Gambit will be in it, it's an all X-Woman team up.

https://www.cbr.com/interview-zub-cebulski-silas-hunt-for-wolverine/

Gambit or not, I don't think I would've picked it up anyway. The concept doesn't really grab me.

From 4 minis I like this cast the most.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2018, 10:28:00 PM »
I just hope Red is everything some are hoping it to be. Lighten the mood around here.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »
Sales are kinda what I expected. there's alot of x-books out and none are doing spectacular. Iceman just ended his run at 11k. and will now lead a X-Team on X-Men Gold. There is a overall sales problem with Comics books. Not sure what Marvel can do to fix.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1434 on: March 14, 2018, 08:25:30 AM »
Sales has been a problem for a very long time. Expectation is high at the company but the product is low (Marvel or DC may not think so but ...), the whole continuity lite and new reader friendly isn't helping them. The movies aren't helping them. Is comic books a dying medium? Maybe? I don't know.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1435 on: March 14, 2018, 09:23:36 AM »
Comics aren't dying. Its just that expectations and reality are in conflict. It's not dead, but its definitely contracted. I think the days of all Marvel books selling in the 40k to 60k range (forget the days when X-Men sold 100k each month) are over and they haven't embraced that and adjusted their pay rates accordingly. This is why books get cancelled. They are still using an old model to sell books and pay creators. Instead of paying them in the form of a contract, they should do profit sharing. So the company always gets their money and the creators are paid by merit and they bring in. It'd push them to do more. Better writing, better art, better customer interactions, more grind.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1436 on: March 14, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
I just hope Red is everything some are hoping it to be. Lighten the mood around here.

I enjoyed the last issue quite a bit. I think Taylor is a pretty solid writer and I think he has a good balance with the team. It'll be interesting to see what he does with Gambit

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1437 on: March 14, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »

I enjoyed the last issue quite a bit. I think Taylor is a pretty solid writer and I think he has a good balance with the team. It'll be interesting to see what he does with Gambit

I found it to be overly ambitious from a narrative standpoint, and ham-fisted in its attempt to be politically driven. Like someone that kind of knows what they want to do but doesn't really have a good angle to attack. And by time this team is "assembled" it'll be bogged down and crowded. I just don't see how adding Gambit as an 8th character is going to work. (I'll post extended response in X-Men Red thread)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1438 on: March 19, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »
Jordan D White is the new X-Mn editor. Paniccia left to Star Wars.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1439 on: March 20, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »
Huh, a don't know if that's good or bad. Guess I'll hope for good...