Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098325 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1470 on: April 09, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »
Thanks, friends :)

Yeah, I think Namor will be the first one who would love to throw Gabby into action.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1471 on: April 09, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »
Dope purp.

In other news cbr made another list. It's a shocker, I know. Kids that are cooler and not cooler than their X-Men parents. They say Legion is not for some reason but they did list the Lebeau siblings from The End/GeNext.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-kids-cooler-than-parents/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:05:04 PM by Nekobaghira »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1472 on: April 10, 2018, 01:13:17 AM »
Dope purp.

In other news cbr made another list. It's a shocker, I know. Kids that are cooler and not cooler than their X-Men parents. They say Legion is not for some reason but they did list the Lebeau siblings from The End/GeNext.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-kids-cooler-than-parents/

Thanks, Don.

One more bad list from CBR. I can't remeber the last time when they made a fine list.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:05:43 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1473 on: April 10, 2018, 11:17:48 AM »

Thanks, Don.

One more bad list from CBR. I can't remeber the last time when they made a fine list.

It's all about getting those precious "clicks".

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #1474 on: April 13, 2018, 01:14:06 PM »
Gambit makes an appearance as part of the team in X-Men Gold #26. Nice panel with him successfully locating Mesmero

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-preview-x-men-gold-26-kicks-off-the-hunt-for-mesmero

Art is hard, life is harder

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1475 on: April 15, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »
He comes off as annoyed. I like it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1476 on: April 15, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »
I like the attitude as well. Does anyone know if that is the only panel he is in because if so, I'll just copy and paste the image to my machine and call it done. :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1477 on: April 18, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
X-Men Gold 26, just flicked throug it, Gambit was Right, he doesn't seem to take part in the ensuing fight but he does show up later at Peters Bachelor party with Iceman, Pyro, Peter and Kurt, he has some fun banter with Kurt saying they will be doing this one day for Gambit to which Remy replys Kurt wouldn't be able to handle his Bachelor party, Kurt says he will accept that challenge  :) Remy says its hypothetical as he doesn't see him and Rogue ever getting hitched (this seems to be going with Gambit and Rogue being together) anywho its all fun and a nice appearance by Gambit except he uses the term boyo twice and i know he has used it before but its just so odd and Irish its just wrong lol

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1478 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:17 PM »
X-Men Gold 26, just flicked throug it, Gambit was Right, he doesn't seem to take part in the ensuing fight but he does show up later at Peters Bachelor party with Iceman, Pyro, Peter and Kurt, he has some fun banter with Kurt saying they will be doing this one day for Gambit to which Remy replys Kurt wouldn't be able to handle his Bachelor party, Kurt says he will accept that challenge  :) Remy says its hypothetical as he doesn't see him and Rogue ever getting hitched (this seems to be going with Gambit and Rogue being together) anywho its all fun and a nice appearance by Gambit except he uses the term boyo twice and i know he has used it before but its just so odd and Irish its just wrong lol

May have to pick this up, then. This sounds like a fun interaction and I love Kurt

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1479 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »

Sounds cool!...except boyo :(

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1480 on: April 18, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »
If you ignore the "boyos", Gambit was actually okay in Gold #26. It was refreshing to see him mingle with Nightcrawler, Colossus and Iceman for a change. Not often we see that with Remy, nice to see Guggenheim provide that.

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #1481 on: April 18, 2018, 05:13:29 PM »

*sigh* Not surprising because Guggenheim is a big Romy fan. Too many Romy writers currently. We need Marjorie Liu back to help balance that out. It really sucks that Gambit is starting to return to prominence and is immediately stuck with that albatross. I hope Tom Taylor is anti-Romy.

Was Pyro really there? I haven't been keeping up much with comics because of Romy garbo and Queen of Losers Jubilee, but Pyro seems like an odd guest. Did he turn face recently?

Cool to hear Remy and Kurt interacted. That's one of the things I want most from X-Men Red. They always felt like people who should be buddies, but never got a real chance to interact.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1482 on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »
this is a New Pyro called Simon, he was kinda a bad guy but not really and Iceman gave him a second chance to redeem himself and become an X-Man, he went to bat for him with Kitty

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1483 on: April 18, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »
*sigh* Not surprising because Guggenheim is a big Romy fan. Too many Romy writers currently. We need Marjorie Liu back to help balance that out. It really sucks that Gambit is starting to return to prominence and is immediately stuck with that albatross. I hope Tom Taylor is anti-Romy.

Was Pyro really there? I haven't been keeping up much with comics because of Romy garbo and Queen of Losers Jubilee, but Pyro seems like an odd guest. Did he turn face recently?

Cool to hear Remy and Kurt interacted. That's one of the things I want most from X-Men Red. They always felt like people who should be buddies, but never got a real chance to interact.

I didn't get "pro Romy" from that... It's observing continuity. Writers chosing to embrace and ignore certain aspects of characters is the reason Gambit turned into Racky, why Mystique is a X-Man, how Rogue ended up with Magneto, how Wolverine became an Avenger, all of the Inhumans vs X-Men foolishness, so on and so forth. I think it's healthy for storytelling and great for business as you encourage people to read other books. Otherwise we're reading collections short stories.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:29:14 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1484 on: April 19, 2018, 02:39:26 AM »
Gambit was ok in Gold. I liked it

Also I hope Gambit will stay with team till issue 30.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:48:46 AM by purplevit »