Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098321 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1485 on: April 19, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
Pic made me think about the Kermit meme.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1486 on: April 19, 2018, 11:15:29 AM »
Gambit was ok in Gold. I liked it

Also I hope Gambit will stay with team till issue 30.

Thanks for the image Purp! The art looks nice. :)

Offline Homme

• Survivor
  • I would trade my eyes to see.
« Reply #1487 on: April 19, 2018, 01:25:10 PM »
this is a New Pyro called Simon, he was kinda a bad guy but not really and Iceman gave him a second chance to redeem himself and become an X-Man, he went to bat for him with Kitty

Sounds lame. Glad I hard passed on Gold after seeing the author and team.

I didn't get "pro Romy" from that... It's observing continuity. Writers chosing to embrace and ignore certain aspects of characters is the reason Gambit turned into Racky, why Mystique is a X-Man, how Rogue ended up with Magneto, how Wolverine became an Avenger, all of the Inhumans vs X-Men foolishness, so on and so forth. I think it's healthy for storytelling and great for business as you encourage people to read other books. Otherwise we're reading collections short stories.

I mean... Okie dokie? I don't get the point of your rant. Guggenheim has literally said Gambit/Rogue is one of his favorite couples of all time in an interview and that's where my "pro-Romy" comment comes from. Though, I can't find that interview now so I might have hallucinated it.  Anyway, all I was saying was that I'm not surprised he went there instead of a more generic, but still continuity observing "I've already been married once and I can't see myself getting married again."

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1488 on: April 19, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »
Guggs is pro-Romy but this issue didn't sound pro-Romy at all.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1489 on: April 19, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »

I mean... Okie dokie? I don't get the point of your rant. Guggenheim has literally said Gambit/Rogue is one of his favorite couples of all time in an interview and that's where my "pro-Romy" comment comes from. Though, I can't find that interview now so I might have hallucinated it.  Anyway, all I was saying was that I'm not surprised he went there instead of a more generic, but still continuity observing "I've already been married once and I can't see myself getting married again."

Yeah, art was mostly good.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1490 on: April 19, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
Wow, I just noticed - in the image posted, Gambit's eyes are the wrong color. I didn't notice at first, now it sticks out. It is amazing that editorial doesn't tell the artists these things or maybe the colorist forgot?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1491 on: April 19, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
Wow, I just noticed - in the image posted, Gambit's eyes are the wrong color. I didn't notice at first, now it sticks out. It is amazing that editorial doesn't tell the artists these things or maybe the colorist forgot?

It was right on other psnels in issue.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1492 on: April 19, 2018, 04:45:43 PM »

"rant"? C'mon, that was like three lines...  ??? . The point of my "rant" was, I don't think it reflects his like or dislike of the relationship, but recognizing it exists especially in the light of an upcoming wedding. I'm sure if Angel and Psylocke were still a thing and Warren were there, the joke/ comment from Kurt would have been extended to him. Writers have this thing about ignoring or adding aspects to characters to suit their narrative. I mean, not bringing it up would have been stranger than anything IMO. I blame weak editorial. Even in the case of clown pants Gambit. I think I've voiced on several occasions my disdain of that cameo. I'd love for someone to address that, even if to explain it away... got a thread idea lol.

Did he say that? I'm asking, I didn't read the issue.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:53:10 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1493 on: April 19, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
It was right on other psnels in issue.

Well, that is good, still its a "consistency" mistake sort of thing. Good to know it was right everywhere else but that panel.  :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1494 on: April 27, 2018, 03:12:28 AM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1495 on: April 27, 2018, 08:45:57 AM »
I don't know why Marvel has editors. LOL. Boyo? That is not something Gambit would say, maybe that guy isn't Gambit? I bet its RSGambit. LMAO

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1496 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/04/27/marvel-preview-x-men-gold-27/

X-Men GOLD 27 Boyo preview

Ah yes. "Boyo". You know...that word that every Cajun/French person says all of the time /s  ;)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1497 on: April 27, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »
I like Gambit being in stuff but he needs to not ever say that again.  Ever. 

Maybe it's Racky. 

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1498 on: April 27, 2018, 04:05:35 PM »
Nah Racky just stood around. This Gambit seems competent enough to track down Mesmero when none of the others could even tell that was him. He just talks oddly.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:07:58 PM by Zoks »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1499 on: April 28, 2018, 01:17:43 AM »
Nah Racky just stood around. This Gambit seems competent enough to track down Mesmero when none of the others could even tell that was him. He just talks oddly.

Yeah. I liked him in Gold 26