Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1099019 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1515 on: May 02, 2018, 03:40:08 AM »
So cool .                    Maybe they will give him his own solo movie next😂

Hope so. He was on Fresh Start poster.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1516 on: May 02, 2018, 07:55:11 AM »
Does anyone else miss comic book artist drawing comic books? What is that? Water colors?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1517 on: May 02, 2018, 08:24:53 AM »
Does anyone else miss comic book artist drawing comic books? What is that? Water colors?

It annoys me too. Art looks like at sketches stage.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1518 on: May 02, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »
R&G 5 was normal. It wasn`t bad. It was just not as great as previous issues. Also last issue is too Rogue centric for a team up book. Still liked it but dissapointed a little bit. But mini as the whole is very good.

AXM 11. Lame. Gambit speaked only with Rogue and had 1 scene where he made a bait for Proteus.

X-men Gold 7. 1 scene with Rogue and 1 scene where he threw cards into robots. Nothing interesting. really.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:42:32 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1519 on: May 10, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
At first I will say that KT told that Romy fans shouldn`t be worry about this.

Now here we go. From Terry Dodson. Sketches of covers:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1520 on: May 10, 2018, 02:20:07 PM »
For Gambit pic Dodson told that more to come :gambit: .

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1521 on: May 10, 2018, 03:13:37 PM »
Interesting. I like Dodson's art quite a bit and his Gambit is no exception. I'm guessing these will be variants?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1522 on: May 10, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »
Is that a bowtie?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1523 on: May 10, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
Is that a bowtie?

Yeah. Reminds me Gambit 5 by Asmus.

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #1524 on: May 16, 2018, 03:34:31 AM »
X-Men Red #4
Gambit doesn’t appear at all.  However, it’s still a good read and it seems Ororo is the last member to join the team as she’s with everyone else in Atlantis (or wherever under the sea) after they fix her mind controlled issues, sporting a new “red” style outfit (which they describe as special to avoid the nano mind control hinge).  Basically, the nanos what’s-her-name made will cause mutants to kill themselves if they aren’t mind controlled with another program.

The Wedding Special
JFC the boys trip is f***ing AWFUL.  There’s not one, but two “boyo”s in an 8 page story, the art is cringy and there is just terrible pacing/diaglogue all the way around.  However the girl’s bachelorette party is heaps and heaps above the boys in writing & art.  They take Kitty to a karaoke + stripper bar, she has a heart to heart with Rogue in the bathroom (Rogue’s all giddy post R&G mini trip), Kitty runs into Calisto who just yammers that she’ll hurt Kitty if she hurts Peter and it ends with a massive expensive bottle of champagne for the table bought by Emma..  The girl’s night out is honestly just adorable fun fluff.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:36:24 AM by Berry »

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1525 on: May 16, 2018, 04:17:40 AM »
Thanks, Berry.

We need Fresh Start for Gambit as soon as possible. Without R&G it is not possible to get any Gambit monthly fix.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1526 on: May 16, 2018, 08:57:04 AM »
X-Men Red #4
Gambit doesn’t appear at all.  However, it’s still a good read and it seems Ororo is the last member to join the team as she’s with everyone else in Atlantis (or wherever under the sea) after they fix her mind controlled issues, sporting a new “red” style outfit (which they describe as special to avoid the nano mind control hinge).  Basically, the nanos what’s-her-name made will cause mutants to kill themselves if they aren’t mind controlled with another program.

The Wedding Special
JFC the boys trip is f***ing AWFUL.  There’s not one, but two “boyo”s in an 8 page story, the art is cringy and there is just terrible pacing/diaglogue all the way around.  However the girl’s bachelorette party is heaps and heaps above the boys in writing & art.  They take Kitty to a karaoke + stripper bar, she has a heart to heart with Rogue in the bathroom (Rogue’s all giddy post R&G mini trip), Kitty runs into Calisto who just yammers that she’ll hurt Kitty if she hurts Peter and it ends with a massive expensive bottle of champagne for the table bought by Emma..  The girl’s night out is honestly just adorable fun fluff.

It shows the quality of Kelly Thompson as a writer and I loves how she invest in the characters she writes. I loved her take of Gambit and Rogue.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1527 on: May 16, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »
Boyo again? Ugh!😲

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1528 on: May 16, 2018, 10:56:17 AM »
Thanks for the spoilers, I know now I don't need to go to the shop.
Boyo - I don't care about the Wedding issue either.

Marvel - do me a favor, put Gambit in limbo, this is too painful.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1529 on: May 16, 2018, 03:10:09 PM »
Boyo again? Ugh!😲

Hey... only twice.