Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098940 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1530 on: May 16, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »
Thanks for the spoilers, I know now I don't need to go to the shop.
Boyo - I don't care about the Wedding issue either.

Marvel - do me a favor, put Gambit in limbo, this is too painful.

Whats too Painful? if he's in limbo people complain he isn't being used, he's being used people complain he's not being used right, theres no winning. This Guild used to be a happy place, people on here are polite and respectful of one another by my God its drowning in so much negativity these past few months WTF happened, Sorry to single your post out Neko it's not just you but that sentence just broke me, ive tried so hard not to do this hence why i barley post. Look i get people are upset there not getting the Gambit they want, but we haven't had the Gambit we want for a long time, his appearances have been sporadic but now he is in Astonishing, Gold & Red and just off of a damn well written Mini, fair enough if like me you dont like Romy or the pairing but he was written well and KT fixed some issues with rogue realizing s*** and acknowledging hows she treated Remy. Astonishing he's wallpaper but he is competent wall paper granted some of you didnt like the way Mystique talked to him but hey thats the way she is and Remy's lack of response is how he is, he's too above a response to her crap, Red he's just appeared and it was a good showing with a nice use of his powers, im looking forward to see where this is going, Gold Boyo aside (ffs he's not from 1960s Ireland) and while he made a mistake in issue 4 but he was written well and he is still written well in Gold, he found Mesmero when no one else could, and he's having fun interacting with other X-Men being friends something he hasnt been seen doing in a while.

Yes id rather we had more focus on the guy, but im looking at the positives

Now as for the movie, i cant say anything and this is not a plug but if you have listened to my podcast you'd know what i do for a living, so trust me when i say the film is happening and it will be this year, i dont know who is directing, but i know there is crew and there are contracts. Take from that what you will.

Sorry, I'm not try to tell anyone how too feel, im just venting , i love this place and you guys but its been so negative lately

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1531 on: May 16, 2018, 09:33:42 PM »
Yeah, that's about right. I cope by trying to change the subject as much as possible  ;D

As for the film, I'm still concerned about the budget. I'd hope theydt go more practical and cut the cost. Something I was looking forward to when Limen was attached... Not so much with these King Kong director rumors.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:37:59 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #1532 on: May 16, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
I'd Like Dantay's post if I had the capability....I don't even have smilies! *sobs*

Anyway, well said. I have been noticing the same thing around here, but thought maybe it was just me being over-sensitive or...something. Not talking about specific people or saying how they should feel (a thing I hate seeing online), just a general pall.

As for the movie, I've gotten to the point where I don't care what happens one way or another. I'm just tired of it all--the jumping at "rumors" that are based on nothing but speculation by some no-name sites who could just be pulling **** out its ass to get clicks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:44:56 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1533 on: May 17, 2018, 07:59:24 AM »
Whats too Painful? if he's in limbo people complain he isn't being used, he's being used people complain he's not being used right, theres no winning. This Guild used to be a happy place, people on here are polite and respectful of one another by my God its drowning in so much negativity these past few months WTF happened, Sorry to single your post out Neko it's not just you but that sentence just broke me, ive tried so hard not to do this hence why i barley post. Look i get people are upset there not getting the Gambit they want, but we haven't had the Gambit we want for a long time, his appearances have been sporadic but now he is in Astonishing, Gold & Red and just off of a damn well written Mini, fair enough if like me you dont like Romy or the pairing but he was written well and KT fixed some issues with rogue realizing s*** and acknowledging hows she treated Remy. Astonishing he's wallpaper but he is competent wall paper granted some of you didnt like the way Mystique talked to him but hey thats the way she is and Remy's lack of response is how he is, he's too above a response to her crap, Red he's just appeared and it was a good showing with a nice use of his powers, im looking forward to see where this is going, Gold Boyo aside (ffs he's not from 1960s Ireland) and while he made a mistake in issue 4 but he was written well and he is still written well in Gold, he found Mesmero when no one else could, and he's having fun interacting with other X-Men being friends something he hasnt been seen doing in a while.

Now as for the movie, i cant say anything and this is not a plug but if you have listened to my podcast you'd know what i do for a living, so trust me when i say the film is happening and it will be this year, i dont know who is directing, but i know there is crew and there are contracts. Take from that what you will.

Sorry, I'm not try to tell anyone how too feel, im just venting , i love this place and you guys but its been so negative lately

I totally agree with you. It has been a while since Gambit was part of the X-Men and was even used in a book. Seeing him being used again in multiple books is a great sign. Marvel is slowly trying to give Gambit some importance in the X-Men world and introducing him to newer reader. Gambit has recently appeared in Marvel Puzzle Quest (where he is an super powerful) and Contest of Champions.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1534 on: May 17, 2018, 09:39:13 AM »

I totally agree with you. It has been a while since Gambit was part of the X-Men and was even used in a book. Seeing him being used again in multiple books is a great sign. Marvel is slowly trying to give Gambit some importance in the X-Men world and introducing him to newer reader. Gambit has recently appeared in Marvel Puzzle Quest (where he is an super powerful) and Contest of Champions.

How is Contest of Champions, btw? I've been playing Puzzle Quest for a while now (finally unlocked Gambit woo!) and it's pretty fun (if you like the Bejeweled/Candy Crush style games)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1535 on: May 17, 2018, 09:41:53 AM »

I am with you on all this! And agree. Guild is a home for Gambit fans and must be happy again. Your post is important.

As for Astonishing it is not Mystique that bothrered me. It is Soule. Because he twice wrote Remy useless in situation and then two characters joked that he done nothing. First Fanto and then Mystique.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1536 on: May 17, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »

I am with you on all this! And agree. Guild is a home for Gambit fans and must be happy again. Your post is important.

As for Astonishing it is not Mystique that bothrered me. It is Soule. Because he twice wrote Remy useless in situation and then two characters joked that he done nothing. First Fanto and then Mystique.

To be fair, that's pretty in character for both of those characters. It's funny, I just posted about Astonishing haha I'm probably the only one here still reading it but I'm enjoying it quite a bit

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1537 on: May 17, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »

How is Contest of Champions, btw? I've been playing Puzzle Quest for a while now (finally unlocked Gambit woo!) and it's pretty fun (if you like the Bejeweled/Candy Crush style games)

Gambit is an alright character in CoC but his first attack is the only good thing of his move set as it always stuns the opponent. I have a 3* Gambit in Puzzle Quest and his move set is really awesome.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1538 on: May 17, 2018, 10:30:30 AM »

Cool! I quit it because I couldn't open Gambit for moths.
You are lucky;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1539 on: May 17, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »

To be fair, that's pretty in character for both of those characters. It's funny, I just posted about Astonishing haha I'm probably the only one here still reading it but I'm enjoying it quite a bit

Wll, it was not about Fanto or Mystique. It was that Soule writes him useless and then jokes that he is useless because of this.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1540 on: May 17, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »
Since I was singled out, I'll say my peace and move on. If for some reason this is unacceptable, please alert me and I'll remove as many of my posts as possible.

@Dantay and all -

I'm sorry if I've made you or anyone else uncomfortable due to perceived negativity. Yes, its how one views a thing to attach an emotion to it.
I get the wanting the positives, hence I have decreased my postings. I will also continue to decrease my postings.

I don't Romy – and I'm choosing not to say anything more about that book. I've stated my positives when the book has been released.

As for boyo – should have used the sarcasm thingy but it was meant as not getting the character right. Legitimate critique, isn't it? If not, okay.

Apologies to all.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #1541 on: May 17, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »

You are lucky;)

I got a 3* Gambit from his event when he got launched ando got couple of duplicates from crystal. My Gambit has been maxed out and but still he is a very weak character compared to other characters in general. BT the Gambit in puzzle quest is very easy to get and both the 5* and 3* are very powerful.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1542 on: May 17, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »
Since I was singled out, I'll say my peace and move on. If for some reason this is unacceptable, please alert me and I'll remove as many of my posts as possible.

@Dantay and all -

I'm sorry if I've made you or anyone else uncomfortable due to perceived negativity. Yes, its how one views a thing to attach an emotion to it.
I get the wanting the positives, hence I have decreased my postings. I will also continue to decrease my postings.

I don't Romy – and I'm choosing not to say anything more about that book. I've stated my positives when the book has been released.

As for boyo – should have used the sarcasm thingy but it was meant as not getting the character right. Legitimate critique, isn't it? If not, okay.

Apologies to all.

Jesus no theres no need to delete anything, and nothing anyone has ever said on here has made me uncomfortable anyway. More so, no one has anything to apologize for. i was going to say something sooner or later it was just that comment that made me vent, and like i said before i didn't mean to single you out specifically. Ive always viewed you through your posts as positive and maybe when i seen you on a downer i vented. Every fandom out there is the same when it comes to characters they love. Ive been trying to look at the positives and be positive and then i log on here and its like whats the point in posting any of that. im not telling anyone how to feel, vent away, be negative if you want its an open forum, that's whats great about this community, you can vent and people here are still respectful. Stuff has been so negative here regarding the writing or the movie maybe no one noticed and pointing it out may get people to look on the bright side and feel positive again, i dont know but i feel better after venting

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1543 on: May 17, 2018, 12:33:49 PM »

You are lucky;)

They recently introduced a thing where you can mark certain characters as a favorite and so I immediately marked the 3* Gambit as a fav. Then, I played a VS match and won a special recruit token when the match expired and that unlocked him for me. I've done that a few times and unlocked different powers for him that way. Idk if anyone else has gotten that to work

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1544 on: May 17, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »
Jesus no theres no need to delete anything, and nothing anyone has ever said on here has made me uncomfortable anyway. More so, no one has anything to apologize for. i was going to say something sooner or later it was just that comment that made me vent, and like i said before i didn't mean to single you out specifically. Ive always viewed you through your posts as positive and maybe when i seen you on a downer i vented. Every fandom out there is the same when it comes to characters they love. Ive been trying to look at the positives and be positive and then i log on here and its like whats the point in posting any of that. im not telling anyone how to feel, vent away, be negative if you want its an open forum, that's whats great about this community, you can vent and people here are still respectful. Stuff has been so negative here regarding the writing or the movie maybe no one noticed and pointing it out may get people to look on the bright side and feel positive again, i dont know but i feel better after venting

I'll be the first to admit, I've been pretty negative about the movie lately, but I'm glad you said something because I've noticed the negativity around here can be kind of a bummer sometimes. Which I get. Everyone has an opinion about their favorite characters and we're not always going to have the same opinions. Tbh, I'm just happy to see Gambit get some exposure after such a long dry spell after the end of ANXF