Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 392275 times)

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #645 on: March 16, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »
There is absolutely NO SENSE for us to start hand-wringing over conjectures! We may need to make separate threads, one for rumors and one for actual verified news.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:59:36 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #646 on: March 16, 2016, 04:33:17 PM »
how have we got screwed? nothing has happened yet, the film is still a go, when production starts we will know. in regards to this film people need to relax and be patient before jumping to conclusions and saying we got screwed when we haven't,

I have the same opinion.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #647 on: March 16, 2016, 04:37:45 PM »
I understand the excitement and wanting all details now but we should exercise patience and not stress over every small thing. The movie was pushed back, we shouldn't be expecting anything yet. Let the process occur. :)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #648 on: March 17, 2016, 11:30:51 AM »
I haven't heard much for the Wolverine movie either and it's release date is currently next March so I wouldn't be overly concerned.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #649 on: March 20, 2016, 11:26:38 AM »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #650 on: March 20, 2016, 04:56:23 PM »
Good that he still has longer hair. Can hope that shooting is delayed not for too long)

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #651 on: March 21, 2016, 04:10:11 PM »
From IMDb boards (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3729594/board/thread/255043681):

Gambit Movie will film in June 15, 2016 in New Orleans, LA., according to myentertainmentworld.

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/160321/Gambit_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I unable to connect to myentertainmentworld, is it a reliable source?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #652 on: March 21, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »
Great. I hope it is true.

Also the name is X-Men:Gambit
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:26:22 PM by purplevit »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #653 on: March 21, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »
myentertainmentworld is a site for people in the industry to see what's out there in terms of roles.  The bottom of this page has the entry for Gambit that was updated March 16 most likely for the shooting date. 

One correction, the title they have there which is likely to change is X-Men: Gambit (aka Chess).  If you are a subscriber, I believe you can login and get more info on the movie including if there are any roles they still need people for.

http://myentertainmentworld.com/feature-films/page/5/
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #654 on: March 21, 2016, 11:36:21 PM »
If this is true ( and I do hope it's true, and all y'all can say I told you so  ;) ) but if it is true, June in New Orleans...Dayuuum... this is going to be the sweatiest movie ever. Tatum's been living in California too long and forgot how hot 'back home' can be.  ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2016, 04:14:31 AM »
So what do you think about the name of movie X-Men:Gambit? Should it be  X-Men:Gambit or just Gambit? Do you think X-Men part in name will help Gambit movie?

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2016, 07:30:13 AM »
It should just be Gambit. He hasn't met the X-men yet, so he's not an x-man till later.

Deadpool is part of the X-men universe but he didn't have X-men Deadpool as a title.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2016, 08:31:54 AM »
Wolverine wasn`t an X-Man in Origins too.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #658 on: March 22, 2016, 09:14:25 AM »
While I'm certain "Chess" is for secrecy or something. I actually like that name. Gambit: Chess seems alright. I'd be fine with just Gambit.  However - there is a much older film with that title, so something that would his film stand out so that people find him easier than the other film would be good.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #659 on: March 22, 2016, 11:19:33 AM »
While I'm certain "Chess" is for secrecy or something. I actually like that name. Gambit: Chess seems alright. I'd be fine with just Gambit.  However - there is a much older film with that title, so something that would his film stand out so that people find him easier than the other film would be good.

Meh... Sounds silly to me. "Gambit: Chess"? Calling it simply "Gambit" is probably whats most likely seeing as this is the first movie. In the next movie I hope its him doing a Indiana Jones act and perhaps finding something that links the X-Men universe to or puts them in contact with the Shi'Ar. Perhaps it kicks off an encounter that forces the Shi'Ar and the X-Men to work together to fend off the Brood or Phalanx. With the X-Men being the only super heroes in their universe (thanks to the toddlers that run Fox and Marvel), its not such a ridiculous idea.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony