Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385817 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2015, 03:29:17 PM »
I am relieved!!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
Thank goodness. Lol. I was reading that he wants compensation to push forward with toys and shirts and other merchandise. So not only is Channing giving us a Gambit movie, but toys and merch?! Thank you for making me add more to my Gambit collection. He's like our own Gambit Guild Santa Clause.

And he wants sequels. Thank you, C-Tates.

We gotta make him an honorary member here.  He is like a GG Santa Claus ... its great.  His enthusiasm for the character and his general love for him is great.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »
Awesome news) He is really good GG Santa Claus, LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »
Another source.  I like having multiple sources, since other places went crazy with the "falling apart" stuff.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/channing-tatum-closes-his-gambit-812514

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2015, 04:43:32 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-channing-tatum-fox-close-gambit-deal he is offically on board....AGAIN wasnt he officially on board before

Fox and Tatum had only every verbally confirmed a deal but they had never actually signed anything.  So probably last minute postering.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
Fox and Tatum had only every verbally confirmed a deal but they had never actually signed anything.  So probably last minute postering.

So he was down to act in it and produce , talked about this in interviews and even went to comic con, Donner confirmed he was in it and producing, Tatum talked about the script we have all seen the interviews, Fox put out a statement with him confirmed, yet he hadn't confirmed a deal? wtf

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2015, 06:40:52 PM »
So he was down to act in it and produce , talked about this in interviews and even went to comic con, Donner confirmed he was in it and producing, Tatum talked about the script we have all seen the interviews, Fox put out a statement with him confirmed, yet he hadn't confirmed a deal? wtf

I think that is where the confusion came in, everyone was on board but the paperwork wasn't done and there is always fine lines to go over with contracts.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:06:37 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »
Promotion stunt, Perhaps? I don't think there was ever a real issue, and him walking out on the deal, not after having spent so much time and energy already on promoting it...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »
Promotion stunt, Perhaps? I don't think there was ever a real issue, and him walking out on the deal, not after having spent so much time and energy already on promoting it...

And that $150 million budget. That's exciting too. And I think it was a stunt. It was a really good way to test the audience. I saw a lot of people who didn't want Tatum as Gambit wanting him back because they would rather have him as Gambit than no Gambit movie at all.

Most exciting of all, he signed a Jackman type deal to make him the face of the franchise. I feel like this is what is the biggest win of all. Maybe it does force Marvel to give the character some push in the comics. The character they have tried to bury for so long has persevered through his hardcore fans and now his most famous fan has a movie out of it. Suck it, Marvel. Haha.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »

I just remember there were specific articles that mentioned it was confirmed and all parties had agreed in principal on the fact he would produce and star in it but there was never an article I saw that said a contract was actually signed.

It's not that infrequent in entertainment.  Like the recent Mayweather and Pacquiao fight had a bunch of threats of the fight being canceled days before the fight because the lawyers for the two camps were arguing over the final agreement.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »
Christmas came early for us this year!!!!!
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »
Well it was either a stunt or an overblown water cooler rumor but either way, I glad it's done. And I really, really hope he agreed to pay a multi picture deal and being even a little bit a the face of the franchise...  ;D

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2015, 10:52:53 PM »
Well it was either a stunt or an overblown water cooler rumor but either way, I glad it's done. And I really, really hope he agreed to pay a multi picture deal and being even a little bit a the face of the franchise...  ;D

According to the final reports, the big holdout was because he wanted to be the face of the franchise and that's why they are paying him as such. Woot woot!
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
The character they have tried to bury for so long has persevered through his hardcore fans and now his most famous fan has a movie out of it. Suck it, Marvel. Haha.

Haha) That was funny)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:50:24 AM by Gambit4love1 »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier