Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385807 times)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2015, 05:03:20 AM »
Slim but toned, right? :)
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
Even reading from the original source (The Wrap), they never confirmed Channing was completely out, all it stated was that someone close to the production said that “something was up” …and made it sound more dramatic than what it really was. Then pretty much everyone else jumped the gun and assumed the movie was getting cancelled based on that comment, CBR even did piece on ‘Gambit’s Most Embarrassing Moments’

Anyway, this whole thing gave the movie a lot more publicity.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2015, 02:17:17 PM »
CBR can't help itself and go the route of mocking.  Especially when it comes to Gambit.  But at least there were a couple of positive articles there in regards to Gambit.

The covers article and the open letter was good stuff.  The embarrassing stuff wasn't needed but ... whatever.  

Now, they're silly looking because of over reacting. LOL

And in this case, pub for Gambit.  You are right on that.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:30:25 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2015, 02:40:10 PM »
I'm hearing Léa Seydoux is up for lead actress. I think that's a good cast, most likely Belladonna. Not a fan of Belladonna in the comics, but then again she never really had a lot of development, and the movies are always going to have a different take. One great thing about Belle is that she's just as unpredictable as Gambit (perhaps even more so).

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »
I hope it is the role of Bella Donna.  Mostly because for Gambit's film, I want it to be about him and his history.  I don't want skipping it (his history) because of any other character.  His history is awesome and can translate well to the big screen.  ;D

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »
I'm happy they will make the movie, and that tatum is so passionate about taking the role as gambit, but his face :/ I'm sorry, I'm not really that shallow in reality but gambit has always been thin and athletic, even if he loses weight, his face is just not gambits, it’s just too wide or something, I can’t describe it.
Credit to tatum for loving the character but I would have chosen a different actor if it was possible and still been able to make a gambit movie with Fox. Sorry, but it’s how I feel
At this point I hope the script is REALLY good to be able to get people to like the movie

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »
I guess we'll see how he does, he's still working on slimming down.   :)

We can pick all sorts of actors that look more like Gambit but none of them really worked to get the part like Tatum has done.  IMO - We're getting a film because of Tatum - not because Fox thought lets do a Gambit film.   

This makes me think of Robert Downey Jr and Iron Man.  I had reservations about RDJr playing Tony Stark.  I thought - only two ways, flop or hit.  Turns out, RDJr was great as Iron Man.  While we can nit pick his 2 sequels.  He was key in the Avengers movie.  When they recast Iron Man, he will be a hard act to follow.  It won't be like Spider-Man or Batman where film execs just look for someone to play the part.  

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:55:32 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »
Yeah I see this happened many of times when certain actors take on the roles of famous superheros, Micheal Keaton had a huge backlash when he was cast as Batman to the point where batman fans were making petitions to WB to recast the role, and I believe everyone beloved Jackman at the time he was cast as Wolverine, they couldnt see it, but now...well I dont need to finish what happened now do I?

But I hope Tatum had in his contract to be shirtless for about 15 mins in the movie, we as the fangirls demand it!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:29:51 PM by Moonlight Nightmare »
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2015, 05:00:06 PM »
New York Post writer trashes Gambit and discourages Tatum from playing character on big screen:  
http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/channing-tatum-is-making-a-huge-mistake-playing-gambit/

-Bad accent (this should offend an entire sect of people...)
-lame powers (obviously has no clue what they are talking about.)
-canceled solos (...90% of solos get canceled.)

It wont let me reply... maybe we should answer his questions.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:44:02 PM by Nekobaghira »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

• X-Man
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
New York Post writer trashes Gambit and discourages Tatum from playing character on big screen:
http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/channing-tatum-is-making-a-huge-mistake-playing-gambit/

-Bad accent (this should offend an entire sect of people...)
-lame powers (obviously has no clue what they are talking about.)
-canceled solos (...90% of solos get canceled.)

you know what is also dumb having a character named ant-man and him being very tiny.....yet look at that movie the writer must obviously be an baka
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:42:26 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2015, 05:20:24 PM »
It's somebody who doesn't like the character and is butt hurt that he's getting a movie, but knows nearly nothing about Gambit.  I've said as much in the comments. 

• X-Man
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
It's somebody who doesn't like the character and is butt hurt that he's getting a movie, but knows nearly nothing about Gambit.  I've said as much in the comments. 

Was there this much backlash with Deadpool? I think not! SUCK IT UP PEOPLE ITS COMING AND WE ALL KNOW ITS GONNA BE GOOD

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2015, 05:51:19 PM »
Unbelievable ... what a dumb article.  Clearly the writer knows nothing about Gambit. 

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »

We are talking about the NY Post, which is itself pretty trashy to begin with,

And of course the AV Club had to get their digs in, in a Newswire piece, no less.  http://www.avclub.com/article/channing-tatum-officially-re-committed-playing-ter-223211

One of the commenters mentioned "electric playing cards"--sigh. It's gonna be a long ordeal having to see this BS.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:17:14 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2015, 06:21:46 PM »

I had a real hard time with that too and they only give you five minutes to edit your comment before you can't anymore.  Talk about frustrating.  I got one line in and that was it.

I guess I should have wrote out what I think in notepad, then copy and pasted.

Doesn't matter the other posters nailed it as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:52:27 PM by Nekobaghira »