Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 390036 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
It's the verbiage used to talk about his agility, when she says his powers give him natural agility.  Does it mean, it adds to what he already knows or has been trained to do? Or is the question not really agility but stamina.  He can continue to rely on his normal/natural agility that is fueled by his powers for length of time.  I dunno.  

We don't really get to see the full use of anything he can do, outside of the charging of cards.  

yeah its weird if she had said enhance or super itd make sense but she says natural agility, does that mean he had none to begin with this has opened up so many questions...damnit Rogue

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2015, 01:55:27 PM »
I always thought his powers did augment his natural agility and speed and also somehow give him the sense of when things are incoming. I mean he did have a bullet catch moment in x-men #1, and in marvel that may classified 'peak' human it's pretty close, but add that in to the upside bball shot that couldn't be blocked by wolverine plus holding his own in a hand to handish fight with skrull Gladiator in Uncanny #277 and also Fabian's Gambit #1 where he counts the bullets and understands they all missed makes me pretty feel safe in saying his powers do give him a definitive edge when added to his Guild Training. Of course this was all in his heyday, most recently he was killed by some ordinary gangster so..........

On a side note not that surprised to hear Tatum is on board with this though the 150 million budget does make me a little nervous since I don't want to rely on CGI for this movie, I woulda thought they could make it for half and given Fox's meh track record it does make me somewhat trepidatious but hopefully all the extra money will be put to good use.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:01:58 PM by M »

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/469379-bella-donna-boudreaux-is-the-female-lead-in-gambit

awe yisss

its on cbr too

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rebecca-ferguson-lea-seydoux-abbey-lee-testing-for-gambit-lead

Abbey Lee was terrible in Mad Max, i thought all the actresses in the heram (the brides or whatever they were) they were bad, the only downside to that film imo and she was the worst, Rebecca Ferguson is really good in MI5 (im also hoping she shows up in GoT flashback as Lyanna Stark)as for Lea Seydoux she was ok in MI4 cant remember her doing alot apart from fighting, i  havnt seen here in anything else......so if its one of them i hope its Ferguson
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:00:11 PM by Dantay »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2015, 10:11:04 PM »
I just like the idea its Bella Donna in Gambit's origin film.  Its starting where it should, imo.
Thanks Mythogma for the link, and Dantay for yours too.  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:23:07 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »
I'm personally hoping for Lea Seydoux. She's gonna be in Spectre which looks fantastic and she was previously in Blue is the Warmest Color which I've heard is fantastic but honestly doesn't seem like my kind of movie (I don't like foreign films).

Offline PS

• Gambler
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2015, 12:19:44 AM »
Exciting casting news.  Either Rebecca Ferguson and Lea Seydoux would be great picks.  Both are up-and-coming stars and more importantly great actors. 

Not feeling Abbey Lee for the role though.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »
Yep... If Gambit can't have Rogue (or what's left of her), I'd love to see him with her.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline PS

• Gambler
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2015, 01:40:42 AM »
So with Channing planning on doing a Cajun accent, do we think the other Guild cast members might too?

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2015, 04:01:21 AM »
I didn't watch Blue is the Warmest Colour after I read an interview where Seydoux said she seriously regretted doing such explicit sex scenes in the film since she thought afterwards they were unnecessary and she was ashamed or something along those lines, but I heard she's a great actress.  So I'd hope for her really, if she can act and do action films then that's awesome! I figured that's one of the main reasons First Class and DOFP worked, Fassbender and Macavoy being really good actors.  Plus I think Tatum needs somebody good to work off and maybe encourage him to act well. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2015, 07:15:50 AM »
I hope they would choose Lea Seydoux,

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »
This woulda been a good question to put to Asmus back when he came to visit.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »
Lea would seem like the better fit just from her background but good god I fell in love with Rebecca Ferguson in Rogue Nation so she's got my vote.  I am sure either would be great in the role.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2015, 04:35:54 AM »
So with Channing planning on doing a Cajun accent, do we think the other Guild cast members might too?

I do not think so. I hope at least Tatum will get a good accent.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »

Why wouldn't they?
Who Dat