Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385646 times)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »
in the leaked version i coulda sworn his accent sounded better but it ended up being like his Texan accent on FNL, i think he got slated for not trying to do a Cajun having said thatTatum keeps doing swamp Cajun as seen on the Gator hunters tv show on the History channel, Gambit should sound more french than redneck/hillbilly/ swamp person which is how Tatum sounds anytime ive hear him try it
You're so right about the leaked version. It is definitely different from the final version. Better too. They must've had him come back for dubbing it.

I always felt that Gambit's accent should be more of a mix between a French and a southern accent. It's hard to explain, but you should definitely heard the French undertone, but not like the French, or Canadian French, would speak English. A little bit more than slightly but not over the top. And since he is from the South, he should have a bit of that Southern drawl... ish...

I think it should be subtle, not the unintelligible mess that was XTAS...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2015, 09:46:44 AM »
Only 2 months to go before we'll see an official photo of our new Gambit!!!  :D
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2015, 10:13:13 AM »
I think we will hear soon who will play Bella and possible Sinister casting)

Interesting thing that Tatum never mentioned Gambit's red/black eyes.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2015, 05:08:09 PM »
I think he mentioned in once in an interview.
I have a feeling he'll have the red and black eyes in the film
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2015, 08:48:32 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they cut them out or cut them down a lot. It's got to be an actors worst nightmare to have your eyes covered (or cgi'd) the whole time.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2015, 08:01:16 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they cut them out or cut them down a lot. It's got to be an actors worst nightmare to have your eyes covered (or cgi'd) the whole time.

I really think Remy Lebeau will be wearing "contacts" every so often (X-Men films are grounded in realism and I can't imagine someone being able to walk around with red eyes, no matter how handsome they are), so Channing Tatum won't have to wear full eye contacts most of the time or have to use CGI which can be tricky and expensive. Covering his eyes with shades all the time isn't conducive for acting. Which is why Captain America's face is exposed 90% of the time, and we get to see Iron Man's face under the helmet.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2015, 09:51:52 AM »
There is an option of making his eyes go red on black when he uses his powers, but still I have my hopes for Gambits red and black eyes through out the film. Tatum loves Gambit and he'll want to bring to life Gambit in every way possible. No matter what they go with, I'm excited to see the official image of him.  :gambit: :smitten:
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2015, 09:54:48 AM »
the whole prophecy regarding the guilds is based around his eyes so if they are doing his origin hopefully they will keep his eyes red, him wearing contacts to look normal would be a cool idea 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »
the whole prophecy regarding the guilds is based around his eyes so if they are doing his origin hopefully they will keep his eyes red, him wearing contacts to look normal would be a cool idea 

It's practical. Full eye contacts are irritating, I'm sure they'll want to limit their use as much as possible. But perhaps CGI has come further in the past few years?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
I've always felt that what really works here is that his eyes have a normal color unless someone is really looking at them and then they see that red glint which becomes more pronounced the more power he uses. Of course, I've always liked the idea that somewhere along the way he learns to use his ability to 'charm' most people into not actually paying attention to his eye color which could produce some extremely interesting visuals in a movie. I think the former is a more simple and easy to deal with premise but the latter idea is richer if they really know how to do it right.
I do think they definitely need to keep some aspect of the eye color though because it does tell the audience he is indeed a 'mutant' in regards to more than just abilities.

Shifting gears into the prophecy spiel the Gambit series is probably a good time for Fox to introduce magic/witchcraft into their universe, I mean they already have Doom, in the future they're going to have Magick and the new mutants in it might be smart to lay some groundwork for it in a Gambit origin flick.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:51:26 PM by M »

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »
You know, Gambit typically wears glasses when he's out in public and not on a job for a reason.

He doesn't wear the glasses when he -wants- to draw attention to himself.

In a world where superheroes and mutants are a known quantity, having oddly colored eyes isn't as attention grabbing as, say, having blue skin/fur. I really hope they don't go with the 'world is ignorant about mutants' in the story.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2015, 05:06:08 PM »
Rebecca Ferguson dropped out of the running
for Gambit to co-star in a movie with Emily
Blunt.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/rebecca-ferguson-the-girl-on-the-train-mission-impossible-rogue-nation-1201500894/

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
Lea looks like a safe bet for Belladonna now
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »
So still nothing new? Gah, I starting to think this movie is an Internet rumor again... C'mon people this thing is supposed to be released next year for crying out loud!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
So still nothing new? Gah, I starting to think this movie is an Internet rumor again... C'mon people this thing is supposed to be released next year for crying out loud!

Most expensive internet rumor in history lol

The budget scares me. I dont think Tatum's production company has been in charge of movie this size before. Hope they can do the juggling act. With X3, Origins and Fantastic 4, Fox has shown they dont exactly have a handle when Singer isnt involved.