Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385488 times)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2015, 04:25:24 PM »
Very true, it will explode after the official image is released of Gambit. I'm ready to fight Gambits corner hahaha ;D
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
Very true, it will explode after the official image is released of Gambit. I'm ready to fight Gambits corner hahaha ;D

If filmimg really starts in november then we are still 2 month ftom our first official immage(

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2015, 05:14:13 PM »
To be fair, that was just one site that reported that. When another site comes out with the same info, I'll believe it.

Always get the double confirmation, no matter the circumstance.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
I still think they will start filming in October scenes. The last report said filming will begin in New Orleans in November. They'll shoot promotion photos for the film or maybe int shots in October.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/comic-reel-hiddleston-says-what-he-knows-about-thor-ragnarok-kinberg-explains-shared-x-men-franchise

Shared Universe stuff.
GAMBIT
In an interview with MTV, X-movie universe producer Simon Kinberg talked about the shared nature of "Gambit," "Deadpool" and the "X-Men" films.

“The idea is that we’ve sort of reset the timeline after ’Days of Future Past’ in some ways, and if not erased, certainly allowed for change from ’X1,’ ’2,’ ’3,’ everything from ’Days of Future Past’ forward, 1973, everything we set now becomes canon,” he said. “So the ’Gambit’ movie, the ’Deadpool’ movie, will exist in a world that acknowledges whatever happened in ’Days of Future Past’ and moving forward. Doesn’t mean they’ll always interact with those characters, obviously, it’s not like every movie has all the characters, but they all have to exist within the same rules.” He then added, “There will be interplay between different characters in different movies.”

He also spoke about how he keeps all these films and their place in the new canon straight. “I don’t have it up on a wall, but I have it on my computer, and I have it sort of tattooed on my brain now too,” Kinberg said. “Nothing external, so that if I get knocked over the head, no one can read it. It’s literally behind my eyelids. But yeah, we have a clear sense of the directions we want to take them in and in my my mind at least, how we could start to cross-pollinate sort of with those characters that have their standalone movies.”

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2015, 06:28:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/gambit-shakeup-director-rupert-wyatt-reportedly-leaving-film

So it looks like the director is out. To me, it's no big deal. I am a fan of Rupert Wyatt, but directors arent that important to comic films that they were in the past. Joss Whedon didn't exactly do that great on Avengers 2 and I can't even tell you who took over Edgar Wright's position on Ant-Man. I guess this is why we haven't heard too much about the film.

This movie just seems to keep going despite everything. haha.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/gambit-shakeup-director-rupert-wyatt-reportedly-leaving-film

So it looks like the director is out. To me, it's no big deal. I am a fan of Rupert Wyatt, but directors arent that important to comic films that they were in the past. Joss Whedon didn't exactly do that great on Avengers 2 and I can't even tell you who took over Edgar Wright's position on Ant-Man. I guess this is why we haven't heard too much about the film.

This movie just seems to keep going despite everything. haha.

I disagree. I cant describe how much I disagree. A director can make the difference between X2 and X3, or Superman Returns and Man of Steel... Batman/ Batman Returns and Batman and Robin. Directors are a huge deal. And while Avengers 2 wasnt as jaw dropping as 1, it was still a damn good movie. I'm not enthused by this at all...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2015, 07:45:52 PM »
hey (nudge) hey (nudge) remember a few weeks ago Channing was leaving the film....good times

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2015, 07:52:49 PM »
Now is Joss Wheadons chance :D

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »
I disagree. I cant describe how much I disagree. A director can make the difference between X2 and X3, or Superman Returns and Man of Steel... Batman/ Batman Returns and Batman and Robin. Directors are a huge deal. And while Avengers 2 wasnt as jaw dropping as 1, it was still a damn good movie. I'm not enthused by this at all...

Please don't take this as trolling, but I can't describe how much I disagree with you. Those movies knew they were changing shifts in direction of tone of the movie. But it's also same affect of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Same director, two completely different films. DK was brilliant. Every bit. But DKR was a total mess. Total mess. Plot holes. Dragging plot. Pacing issues. Sound and visual issues. People seem to give it a pass because it is Nolan and his first two were brilliant.

And when it comes to this movie in particular, I see it more of what Ant-Man is/was. It is a film that is spearheaded by everyone but the director. It was a cog in the wheel of franchise films. This is a Channing Tatum and Reid Carolin movie who want to direct together and Channing wanted a big name director for the film.

And Wyatt also left because he felt the budget was getting too big. I quite frankly don't want a director who gets distracted by that type of thing. Can't take the heat, step out of the kitchen. I am ready to see who they are going to add in as director, but it's Channing's movie. He will probably get someone who he can work with.

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »
WHY NOW?! WHY SO CLOSE TO SHOOTING THIS GOTTA HAPPEN?! WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE IN THE NEXT 3 WEEKS TO SIGN!!!!!
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2015, 08:00:15 PM »
WHY NOW?! WHY SO CLOSE TO SHOOTING THIS GOTTA HAPPEN?! WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE IN THE NEXT 3 WEEKS TO SIGN!!!!!

Part of the issue was that filming was moved cal and it coincided with a film he was already attached to. So I think shooting will be more in November/December-ish.

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2015, 08:05:58 PM »
Part of the issue was that filming was moved cal and it coincided with a film he was already attached to. So I think shooting will be more in November/December-ish.

I hope so, I truly do, but they really need to get someone quick and sign before shooting even start
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
I guess we should start proposing directors now.

Matt Reeves - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

John Behring - Multiple episodes of Arrow

Thor Freudenthal - Multiple episodes of Arrow (he directed the mid-season finale of season three)

Christopher McQuarrie - Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Craig Zisk - Multiple episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Sylvain White - The Losers

David O. Russell - Silver Linings Playbook

If this list seems a little odd, keep in mind that Captain America: Winter Soldier was made by two people who were most known for directing sitcoms and look at how good that movie was. Just because they don't do a lot of action movies or are stuck with television doesn't mean they can't make a great movie.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
Mel Gibson, Joss Wheadon, Brian Singer, Mathew Vaughn , George Miller, Edgar Wright or Chris Miller &Phil Lord