Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385808 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2015, 03:07:23 AM »
Anna Paquin confirms she will not be suing Rogue in the Gambit film

was there any reason ever to believe Rogue would be in the film?

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »
I think it was the Romy fans hoping for their "beautiful ship" to made real on the big screen or some BS. Rogue won't be in this movie and I suspect that when she next appears, she won't be played by Paquin.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
Rogue shouldn't be played by Paquin.  Her influence on Rogue's character has been awful. Yes, I know - the script and all that but still - she was not a good rendition.

I don't want Rogue in Gambit's film, at least not the first one.  Gambit should be established on his own.  Which is what is needed before expanding on his universe.  And by then, find a better actress to play Rogue. Or better yet, a better script for Rogue's depiction.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/comic-reel-evans-talks-reason-behind-civil-war-division-paquin-denies-involvement-in-gambit
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:33:09 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
Good as didn't want her or Rogue in that film.  Too early for Rogue to appear IMO.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2015, 03:50:21 PM »
Good. I never liked Paquin as Rogue. She
need to be recasted

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »
This is such non-news--why would she appear? [sarcasm]Oh, right. Because you can't have Gambit without her, no matter how flat her characterization.[/sarcasm] I think Anna gets more blame than she deserves for movie!Rogue; she's an otherwise good actress, but was given a thankless role.

Actually, I take part of the above back, since I'm not sure how many are aware that it's an origin movie. for some fans, Gambit and Rogue just go together--they can't imagine one without the other. I think I've been so sour on Rogue and Romy in the comics that any suggestion of her/them puts me in a bad mood. I need to keep reminding myself (among other things) that some fans interested in this movie either don't know/don't care about the comics and want to see a favorite pairing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:22:54 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2015, 08:05:59 PM »
was there any reason ever to believe Rogue would be in the film?

Probably some reason because of their very famous relationship in the comics. But she (Rogue) shouldn't be in the movie regardless of who would play her.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2015, 12:23:56 AM »
Was there some sort of rumor going around the net that she would? I guess it makes sense... The vast majority of X-Men fans were fans of the animated series... Thinking of Gambit in that context does bring Rogue to mind in the general sense, its kind of natural the common fan would believe Rogue would be in it, in a vacuum (the movie goers actually do exist in a vacuum, no comics, no boards, no bias just nostagia). They haven't seen Gambit in almost 20 years, if you don't count Wolverine origin's or video games. But I didn't think it was getting around enough for this to have to be addressed. I told you guys... Fox is going to want that Romy money eventually.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:28:34 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:13 AM »
Was there some sort of rumor going around the net that she would? I guess it makes sense... The vast majority of X-Men fans were fans of the animated series... Thinking of Gambit in that context does bring Rogue to mind in the general sense, its kind of natural the common fan would believe Rogue would be in it, in a vacuum (the movie goers actually do exist in a vacuum, no comics, no boards, no bias just nostagia). They haven't seen Gambit in almost 20 years, if you don't count Wolverine origin's or video games. But I didn't think it was getting around enough for this to have to be addressed. I told you guys... Fox is going to want that Romy money eventually.

no, no rumor at all , some fans think you cant have Gambit without Rogue, its his Origin and his Origin is all about Bella.....suppose Remy should be in there too but dont be mistaken peeps this is all about Belladonna

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2015, 03:26:06 AM »
I've seen fangirls on tumblr straight up get salty at the fact that Rogue wasn't gonna be in the movie. For them when it comes to Gambit, Rogue has to be there too. Otherwise what's the point.

Maybe a new rumor started up when all the stuff with the shoot date getting pushed back came out and they figured that an increased budget must mean that Rogue would be appearing somehow. Which is a huge leap in logic, but I wouldn't put it past someone to go there.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2015, 09:19:38 AM »
I've seen fangirls on tumblr straight up get salty at the fact that Rogue wasn't gonna be in the movie. For them when it comes to Gambit, Rogue has to be there too. Otherwise what's the point.

Maybe a new rumor started up when all the stuff with the shoot date getting pushed back came out and they figured that an increased budget must mean that Rogue would be appearing somehow. Which is a huge leap in logic, but I wouldn't put it past someone to go there.

Speaking of a huge leap in logic, they did screw with the timelines so like they said, a lot of characters will be born sooner or later than they were in the original timeline, but we saw a glimpse into where this new timeline ends up and we clearly see Kitty, Colossus (even though he's in Deadpool and I'm starting to believe Deadpool takes place mid 90s), Iceman and yes, Rogue in no more than their early 30s.

So the idea of Rogue being born earlier and getting a new younger actress due to it, is out of the question... From a logical standpoint. In the end Fox may do whatever they want. I still think the only way we get Rogue and other X-Men in a future movie with Gambit being of similar age is time travel. Whether accidental or on purpose.

With the idea of creating their own connected universe ala MCU, Fox is pretty much going to have to handcuff Gambit to the current X-Men movies thus be stuck in the 80s or 90s for quite some time. Perhaps Gambit takes place several years after Apocalypse? But that would invalidate Fox's new young cast. Some of these kids are actually kids and wouldn't be able to pull off being anymore than 19-20 years of age.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:24:10 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »
Well, Xavier and mags are both suppose to be like fifty in apocalypse and they're not even trying to make them look older... And if Scott and Jean are teenagers now in 83, then that means they are supposedly like sixty in that 'future' shot (which obviously they don't remotely look like). The biggest age swaps so far have been Emma, angel and jubilee. Now jubilees was only a cameo so we can not count her. But Emma and angel were both 'noticeable' and their ages were completely changed. So they are playing loose with the aging, but it remains to be seen if they switch anyone else.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »
Well, Xavier and mags are both suppose to be like fifty in apocalypse and they're not even trying to make them look older... And if Scott and Jean are teenagers now in 83, then that means they are supposedly like sixty in that 'future' shot (which obviously they don't remotely look like). The biggest age swaps so far have been Emma, angel and jubilee. Now jubilees was only a cameo so we can not count her. But Emma and angel were both 'noticeable' and their ages were completely changed. So they are playing loose with the aging, but it remains to be seen if they switch anyone else.

i think in first class they are in their early 20's DOFP late 20's early 30's and in Poccy they are the actors actual age

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
I'm warming to the idea that it may be nice if he's not in the same time line as rogue and the others. It may be interesting to explore the character in a new way. His origin was never truely filled out and Fox could change his interactions to match a new team and give us something we haven't seen yet. If well written yes it's a big if it could be a whole new story and miss out the angst of a traditional romy retelling esp Given how badly it ended. And that as a romy fan.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
i think in first class they are in their early 20's DOFP late 20's early 30's and in Poccy they are the actors actual age
Xavier alright, they could say he's really smart and got his Ph.D. at 21-22. Mags though was like ten in WWII, which was twenty years before first class. He has to be pushing thirty. And mystique well they can say she's whatever age they want.