Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385341 times)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #390 on: November 04, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »
I wouldn't put it past them to put it in Fantastic Four 2's spot and just quietly cancel FF2.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #391 on: November 09, 2015, 11:17:00 PM »
haha Alice 2 will fail the first one was dire

Dante, just want you to know I'm probably stealing this for future poetic phrasory, possibily word for word :). First part, like the assonance but will obviously need to change it.

As for the movie I'm quite happy to let it go back burner for a bit, SPECTRE's first sequence is supposed to be one of the best scenes in all of Bondage so let's hope they can use the time to really make some beautiful mardi gras shots esp as we wont look for a Remy return to Orleans til a 3rd movie at the earliest. Plus more time to work on the script.

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:18 AM »
Hopefully this doesn't fall through... This movie could use some good news

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #394 on: November 14, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
appareantly according to CBR and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvcRdDvb8A8 Lea Seydoux has not signed on for Gambit.......but according to my sources, which is me in a hat...she will

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #395 on: November 14, 2015, 10:22:31 PM »
She was probably about to sign and then Wyatt left. But rather than write it off completely she kept it on the table (so to speak). She was probably just waiting for another director to sign on and now that Liman is close she'll probably go for it.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #396 on: November 15, 2015, 07:17:51 AM »
She was probably about to sign and then Wyatt left. But rather than write it off completely she kept it on the table (so to speak). She was probably just waiting for another director to sign on and now that Liman is close she'll probably go for it.

Liman Liman Liman Liman Liman!

I'm really excited that after all this,  we MIGHT get the man that made first Bourne Identity and Edge of Tomorrow.. Two of my favorite movies of all time. Yes, Edge of Tomorrow ranks up there despite its newness.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #397 on: November 15, 2015, 04:21:36 PM »
So it's not even confirmed yet? More Hollywood rumors?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #398 on: November 15, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »
So it's not even confirmed yet? More Hollywood rumors?

Confirmed? Hell no. They are in the "courting stage". No ones attached, but Liman is one of Tatum's top targets. Which is still awesome in my book. Not to mention he's been brought up in several Hollywood podcasts I listen to. Wheres there is smoke... But it might die down just as quick as it sparks.

Fun fact... Limen also directed Mr and Mrs Smith as well as Jumper. A lot of people didn't like Jumper, I thought it had potential and the scope of the story was awesome, though the lead actor could have been better.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:57:14 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2015, 01:01:19 AM »
Liman/ Fox close to inking deal for Gambit movie
https://youtu.be/LCbIA0eIt5I

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
http://comicbook.com/2015/11/16/channing-tatums-gambit-described-as-heist-movie-and-sexy-thrille/

All but official now for Liman and now we finally start getting the movie going. Loving the fact that Channing Tatum really does love the character and I think with everyone feeling that superhero movie fatigue, the fact he is going with a heist/thriller flick. It's just what we need. It's a winning formula i.e.  White Collar.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2015, 01:30:13 PM »
Sounds a good start for the character. It suits him and is the perfect way to introduce him to a new audience.

I'm curious if this is the start of Mr.Sinister. Gambit is stealing something for a reason.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
Sounds a good start for the character. It suits him and is the perfect way to introduce him to a new audience.

I'm curious if this is the start of Mr.Sinister. Gambit is stealing something for a reason.

If they go the Sinister route I hope Cranston gets the role. He actually wants it. Even if its a different actor portraying Sinister to start, it'd be awesome to see him shapeshift and reveal Cranston as his true form. My wish is that they ground the character as much as possible, don't call him Mr Sinister, but Essex or his whole name if he starts out as a supporting character and not the "big bad".

Sinister isn't a throw away villain. He should be able to stick around and cross over back and forth throughout the franchises. I have high hopes. I just hope the script is good and not forcing too much synergy amongst the shared universe like Marvel is starting to do.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
Everything sounds really good so far :D
I hope they will announse Liman soon

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
I'd be happy with a heist, sexy thriller type film.  That works for Gambit quite well, imo.