Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385708 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »
also might be pushed back to 2017

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
also might be pushed back to 2017

Make sense, if they are planning on shooting in February to May then work on post-production stuff we could be seeing it getting the same slot deadpool is getting this February 
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2015, 05:32:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt82scj6qcc#t=2797

46:40 about Gambit movie. They heard that script is fantastic. The character is fun so they do not want it to be really dark movie.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:38:56 PM by purplevit »

• X-Man
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
Well thank god, I feel like people arent really happy about this movie for a few reasons, one of which not having rogue in it, cause lord knows we cant have something for just the gambit fans and that there are other x-men that deserve it more then Remy....WHICH THEY ARE WRONG

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »
Well those two sentiments come from similar sources. The vast majority of people that hear that Gambit's getting a movie, but are disappointed about not having Rogue in it are the 90s fans; the fans that started reading because of the show (small minority), and those who never read but love the X-Men because of the show (the vast majority). The small voices yelling in the crowd "he doesnt deserve a movie" stem from the same fans that didn't like that he was in the show over the likes of Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Dazzler and Kitty. They have younger acolytes that echo their sentiments, and sadly a few of these became writers who did their own thing, despite a lot of negative fan reaction (a lot of the more damning things they'd do to Gambit would be eventually fixed by the following writer or flat retconned by the editors). In the end it's all very small in terms of the amount of people that will ultimately see the film(s). All they do is piss off producers via cyber harassment, and spook studio types that put too much emphasis on the anonymous internet reaction. Take "Edge of Tomorrow" for example. It turned out to be one of the best movies of the year, but was nearly a financial failure due to preconceptions.

End of the day, its an X-Men movie with a recognizable character being played by an a-lister, directed by a man that has several franchise worthy hits under his belt. It'll be OK.

*I edited because of to some grammar issues and unclear thoughts. Sorry, my phone has a mind of its own and I sometimes possess clumsy thumbs!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:28:11 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2015, 10:11:19 PM »
If they go the Sinister route I hope Cranston gets the role. He actually wants it. Even if its a different actor portraying Sinister to start, it'd be awesome to see him shapeshift and reveal Cranston as his true form. My wish is that they ground the character as much as possible, don't call him Mr Sinister, but Essex or his whole name if he starts out as a supporting character and not the "big bad".

Sinister isn't a throw away villain. He should be able to stick around and cross over back and forth throughout the franchises. I have high hopes. I just hope the script is good and not forcing too much synergy amongst the shared universe like Marvel is starting to do.

That Sinister shapeshifter idea has some sweetness. I mean, ideally it's time for Fox to stop following Marvel very soon from now, after AoA what's really left? I mean except to sign a deal with Marvel where the Avengers get beat down? :)

• X-Man
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
I mean except to sign a deal with Marvel where the Avengers get beat down? :)

Noooo we cant have that because everyone will cry "Avengers can totally kick the x-men a$$es"

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2015, 12:29:06 AM »
Don-yeah, general movie/cartoon fans don't really care about a lot of the stuff in the comics. Because honestly, some of it doesn't make sense or is just too 'wierd' and sometimes had cover art that they wouldn't be caught dead holding. ;). They don't know about gambit getting shafted by a string of writers who hated the 'the 90's'.  or that rogue got favored because she was a more 'classic' character, who they all wanted to hook up their 'favorite' character. Even if they did know, they'd likely say ' well don't use that in the movie because it's dumb anyway' 'make it more like the cartoon because that was 'better''

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #413 on: November 18, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
Liman directing, Seydoux Belladonna!

https://youtu.be/l9rN_ECK0Uk
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #414 on: November 18, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »
I haven't seen this news anywhere else, so either there's an announcement planned later this week and Collider jumped the gun or nothing is official still and Collider jumped the gun.

Kids, this is a friendly reminder to always get double confirmation, that's what I'm waiting for.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #415 on: November 18, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »
I hope we will get the same news but official soon

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #416 on: November 18, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »
I hope we will get the same news but official soon

The guys at Collider dont say something is "official" if it's not. They dont even report on the BleedingCool stuff until after its official or been shot down. Not to mention they headlined the episode with the News.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #417 on: November 18, 2015, 04:10:44 PM »
I liked this video and I understand that they know more than we ;)

I am just glad that Liman is gonna be a new director and hope to hear smth new soon. I would love some concept art but I doubt it is possible

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #418 on: November 18, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
I want to hear some more casting news. It will give us a glimpse in to what characters/story we can expect.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #419 on: November 18, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »
I would love to hear what they are gonna do with his eyes.

Also remember that Ismahawk interview about Gambit web series? I can`t find any update on this :(