Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385403 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »
I would love to hear what they are gonna do with his eyes.

Also remember that Ismahawk interview about Gambit web series? I can`t find any update on this :(

Brother from another mother, thats been my question Purp. Traditional red on black? 100% CGI? 50/50? Red contacts? Any shimmering?

My biggest concern right now is Fox. I keep hearing that the script is awesome, but if Fox doesnt let Liman make the movie he wants, he may walk. The fact that it's gotten this far means he and studio have probably reached some common ground. I dont have a problem waiting a bit longer for a good movie, however, I too would like more casting and plot news. I wonder what the costume is going to look like? Any guesses, wishes? Personally, I want a more grounded approach. Clay Mann's design would fit the best IMO.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
My first thought was no way they will do red/black eyes all the time.

But look at Deadpool. It seems he will be with burned skin in movie much longer then with normal.

It would be awesome if Liman would be able to make red eyes work for sexy thriller. Mayve they need to change the contrast of eyes through movie, like very red/slightly red but still red

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
My first thought was no way they will do red/black eyes all the time.

But look at Deadpool. It seems he will be with burned skin in movie much longer then with normal.

It would be awesome if Liman would be able to make red eyes work for sexy thriller. Mayve they need to change the contrast of eyes through movie, like very red/slightly red but still red

As far as I can see they have options:

1. Red and Black (practical) - This can be done through the use of a full eye contact. Only issue is, they can be very uncomfortable for the actor.
2. Red and Black (CGI) - The can render the eyes to be red and black. Probably wont look the best though.
3. Red and Black (50/50) - A red contact and render the whites of his eyes to black via CGI. In terms of the look, it can go either way.
4. Red and White- Just have red eyes via contacts. It grounds the movie, doesnt take away attention from Tatum's money maker (his face lol)
5. Plain ol eyes, only red in flashes during action scenes (similar to how they worked Storm in the movies)

Once they figure out what they are going to do with the eyes, the next question is, how are they going to treat them. He cant very well walk around in broad daylight in full Gambit glory. The 5th option plays well with this reality. To save on plot holes and Tatum's eyes while staying true to Gambit, they can say his eyes are truly Red on Black but GAMBIT (the character) is wearing special full eye contacts that make his eyes appear to be normal. They can save Tatum (the actor) from wearing the uncomfortable lens' all the time, only having them in possibly at the beginning, a small section in the middle and at the end during the movies climax for whatever final showdown or endgame they may have planned, where he will have lost his coat, his clothes are all torn to shreds, his staff is broken and he's all out of cards (much to the delight of female fandom). If all goes according to plan and Liman is allowed to make a movie he wants, we may have the "Captain America: Winter Soldier" equivalent for Fox's X-Men line.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
I can think of a movie that was done during the early 2000s where there were a bit of a drastic change the the eyes,  anyone remember the live action Grinch movie? I'm sure what they might do in for Remy's eyes is do contacts in close up shots, and do digital from far away shots
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #424 on: November 18, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »
Pretending he has fake contacts in most of the time would be easiest and work the best. Because, yes the  Full contacts are painfully and CGI would probably end up with a 'dead eyes ' bad animation look.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2015, 02:23:54 AM »
He may were sunglasses from time to time. I think eyes need to be painted in the way not to annoy viewers.

I always liked white Riddick eyes in movies. I think such effect may work the best. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »
his eyes are red on black so his eyes should look black and glow red when in the shadows or darkness or if they want when he is using his powers, when you think about it you can never tell what an actors or actress's eye colors are in a film unless its a close up shot , we know they have eyes but unless we focus in we don't know or care what color they are, so Gambit should have red on black his eyball should look black

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »
He may were sunglasses from time to time. I think eyes need to be painted in the way not to annoy viewers.

I always liked white Riddick eyes in movies. I think such effect may work the best. 

If they don't pretend that Gambit's wearing contact to disguise his eyes, then yeah I think we'll have two to a handful of scenes where Gambit is wearing shades during public scenes in daylight.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #429 on: November 21, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/11/21/were-looking-forward-to-gambit-despite-its-problems-the-superhero-show?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Aside from him being my favorite X-Man, I'm looking forward to it for a lot of reasons I'm so looking forward to Deadpool.  The "super hero" genre can really be any genre.  And this will be something new.  Maybe not to the extent of Deadpool "new," but still fresh from the hum drum super hero stuff.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2015, 09:09:44 AM »
Aside from him being my favorite X-Man, I'm looking forward to it for a lot of reasons I'm so looking forward to Deadpool.  The "super hero" genre can really be any genre.  And this will be something new.  Maybe not to the extent of Deadpool "new," but still fresh from the hum drum super hero stuff.

I agree.  While I understand the comparison with Ant Man, I think Gambit is in the element of a heist/thief type.  That is the neat thing about "super hero" film, it can be anything.

Dracula The Untold Story - good, bad or indifferent. It was taking a classic horror type character and making him a hero while still keeping to his "dark" roots as it were.

I think the sexy thriller part is what will set the film apart or at least I think it should set it apart.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2015, 01:59:41 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if this film will ever be released...
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if this film will ever be released...

Why? Because it got pushed back a year or actually a few months?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »
I think we will hear more about Gambit movie, director and release date om December 4th at Comic-Con.
Everything will be fine ;)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2015, 11:44:24 PM »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier