Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385485 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2015, 02:25:50 AM »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »
Wow he sure did. Looks real young too. LOL
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2015, 08:38:42 AM »
It is 4 months until Gambit filming and he is already so slim. Hmm, maybe he is gonna be in Apocalypse reshoots?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2015, 09:24:15 AM »
He looks good!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2015, 02:33:03 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/anna-paquin-wants-to-come-back-for-more-x-men-movies-if-it-makes-sense  aaaaaaaaaaaaaand que the she's going to be in Gambit or put her in Gambit talk

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »
Slow news days to rehash this stuff.  LOL

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »
more of the same "And lastly, Kinberg gave an update on the hunt for a director for "Gambit," which was kicked off when previous director Rupert Wyatt left the project. "That we have a director in and I don’t know if I’m allowed to say who it is yet because his deal isn’t done, but it’s somebody we’re excited about, and somebody I adore, and hopefully we can make an announcement soon about that. But we’ve been spending a lot of time together -- Channing, [Reid Carolin, Tatum’s producing partner], [screenwriter Joshua Zetumer], the director, and myself -- just working on the script, and we hope to start shooting next spring." With the speed bump, "Gambit's" October 2016 release date will also most likely be bumped back, Kinberg said. "Unless we were to accelerate, it would be really hard to make that date."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kinberg-gives-new-mutants-update-teases-apocalypses-comic-connection

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2015, 05:25:55 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/anna-paquin-wants-to-come-back-for-more-x-men-movies-if-it-makes-sense  aaaaaaaaaaaaaand que the she's going to be in Gambit or put her in Gambit talk

I really like Paquin's character and professionalism. She means what she says. I also follow her on twitter and she appears to be one of the most well balanced former kid actors. People make scenarios on her simple statement that she will return IF there is a reason to return and do not consider the rest of the statement which shows her character and her professionalism.

I have seen recently the Rogue cut and I completely agree that the movie was better without her in storytelling terms. However, she could have been written from the beginning as part of the "old team", but thats another discussion.

I have also been disappointed with how Rogue has been portrayed but its not Paquins fault. Its how it has been written. She can do kickass if need be.

PS: Long time no see Guild, being busy with getting used to Germany and PhD research... :)
Art is hard, life is harder

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2015, 05:39:54 PM »

I have also been disappointed with how Rogue has been portrayed but its not Paquins fault. Its how it has been written. She can do kickass if need be.

PS: Long time no see Guild, being busy with getting used to Germany and PhD research... :)

i too agree i feel bad for her and Rogue fans the character got a bad showing in the films, the character never grew or had a good character arc , all she was was a plot point like after the first movie what was the point of her?

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »
Her part in X-Men 2 was not bad. It showed some growth. she was more confident and dating Iceman.

X3 ruined her...
Art is hard, life is harder

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
Her part in X-Men 2 was not bad. It showed some growth. she was more confident and dating Iceman.

X3 ruined her...

Who didnt X3 ruin?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »
Hmmm...beast? He was kinda a bright spot in the whole movie.

CBR's news bot does pick random stuff sometimes.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #448 on: December 01, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »
Hmmm...beast? He was kinda a bright spot in the whole movie.

CBR's news bot does pick random stuff sometimes.

Tru dat. Perfect casting with Kelsey Grammer

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #449 on: December 22, 2015, 06:08:11 PM »
http://youtu.be/tKARMYp-ml4

2.40 mark Tatum does a Cajun Accent  :D
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier