Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385348 times)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2016, 01:48:37 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but for me, I'm going to have 90's nostalgia seeing Tatum dressed as Gambit.  :D I'm so excited! It's not long now until we see him in the official image. God I hope he has the head sock and red&black eyes  :smitten: Aaahhhh'

Hurry up March! :gambit:
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #526 on: January 18, 2016, 01:53:59 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but for me, I'm going to have 90's nostalgia seeing Tatum dressed as Gambit.  :D I'm so excited! It's not long now until we see him in the official image. God I hope he has the head sock and red&black eyes  :smitten: Aaahhhh'

Hurry up March! :gambit:

I know. I will probably cry when I see it. I never thought I would see a Gambit movie in my lifetime. And it will be very overwhelming. What excites me the most is the dedication of Channing Tatum. He fought for the headsock (hence the haircut), he said that he can't wait to put on the trench coat. The way he has done the Cajun accent practicing nonstop. It's just great to see.

Good or bad. Fox is dedicated to the character. Never as much as we all are. But I am ready for this ride. So ready.  :gambit:
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #527 on: January 18, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »
Headsock.... I'm going to have a fit if he wears the headsock....  ???
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #528 on: January 18, 2016, 03:21:53 PM »
Yeah, Channing loves Gambit as much as we :)

I think Gambit movie news will start to pop up soon.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2016, 03:24:01 PM »
Headsock.... I'm going to have a fit if he wears the headsock....  ???

Headsock is an important part of his iconic look. I always thought we should have at least cameo with it.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2016, 03:28:49 PM »
Once Deadpool is out the way come Feb, it's all Gambit news and photos  :gambit:

If they film for 4 months from March, we will see some footage at San Diego Comic con 2016 also.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:31:26 PM by Gambit4love1 »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #531 on: January 18, 2016, 05:45:23 PM »
Headsock is an important part of his iconic look. I always thought we should have at least cameo with it.

Cameo, sure. But that should be all of it.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »
Cameo, sure. But that should be all of it.

I'm now picturing it is part of a costume montage. I've got a (bad) feeling it'll be apart of his main costume. I guess I don't mind if it's done like in XXM but not Full Headsock--you never go Full Headsock. *ducks tomatoes for tired reference*

ETA--Just to clarify my earlier post about the rating--I've always known it would be PG-13, so I can't really say why I was initially disappointed--probably all those descriptions about it being a sexy thriller. But it serves the story and character better the way it's going. Bring on the double entendres!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:42:22 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #533 on: January 19, 2016, 12:31:55 AM »
You guys are really harping about this headsock... This is his first outting as Gambit. We didn't see Gambit without the headsock until 2002 (in action). Didn't make you like him any less. There has to be a progression in character and costume. All characters do this. Even the Hulk didn't have the same pants from one movie to the next. Just chill. Chances are because of the nature of the movie we'll only see him "suited up" in the beginning and end of the movie. The vast majority will have him in civilian/casual clothing. Just my view on it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:21:01 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #534 on: January 19, 2016, 01:21:16 AM »
Yeah I agree, he won't be in his main costume throughout the whole film but still to see it in a film version of him will be exciting.  :D

I'm thinking they'll have two different costumes for Gambit and the his normal, everyday clothes.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:00 AM »
If you will google pic with Gambit, at least first 30 of them are gonna be his 90`s costume with headsock. It is important part of him that makes him recognizable as comic book character.

If they will able to make that headpiece work on Tatum then it will be really awesome!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:51:44 AM by purplevit »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
If you will google pic with Gambit, at least first 30 of them are gonna be his 90`s costume with headsock. It is important part of him that makes him recognizable as comic book character.

If they will able to make that headpiece work on Tatum then it will be really awesome!

I agree with this 100%
Who Dat

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #537 on: January 19, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »
The 'funny name' and super powers make him recognizable as a comic character. And it doesn't really matter if we as fans like it or not, the movie has to sell to a much wider audience than us. If the audience is going 'wtf is on his head?' that doesn't help the movie succeed.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #538 on: January 20, 2016, 02:19:08 AM »
Why would the audience think that? ???

The movie audiences have never asked that about any other superhero character on screen.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #539 on: January 20, 2016, 02:36:06 AM »
Movie audiences don't care. They aren't invested in looks or persona via books.  All they want is a good movie story. They know hokey when they see it too and it shows in box office receipts.

Movie audiences need to suspend belief - whether the hardcore fan likes what that is or not isn't the issue. Its the films success. I care more about that, than if Gambit has his headsock or not.

Gambit should win, survive - be the character I see. He doesn't need the props for that. IMO