Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385386 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #570 on: February 11, 2016, 05:57:18 PM »
The wait is killing me!!! They really know how to keep us Gambit fans waiting! >:(

Me too, I know. We will get more news soon. It is Deadpool`s month :)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #571 on: February 12, 2016, 01:36:03 AM »
I'm happy for Deadpool but I hope it goes quiet in the next week. ;D so we can start the Gambit love train:gambit:
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #572 on: February 13, 2016, 02:33:12 PM »
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #573 on: February 13, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
Along with kinetic power, he also possesses a hypnotic charm. He often uses his version of "the force" on women. not debating the charm power again, but um What women has he used "the force" on?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #574 on: February 13, 2016, 06:15:27 PM »
It seems hypnotic charm debates are returning every quarter of the year ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #575 on: February 13, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
I liked Brutal Fight Scenes and Destruction in this article the most!

I want sooome news to speculate about :gambit:

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #576 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:20 PM »
It seems hypnotic charm debates are returning every quarter of the year ;D

no, no debate, just wondering, as the artical stated he often uses "the force" on women, what a lovely sentence that makes , i know its star wars and all but comeon that sounds so rapey, like you know where i stand on the debate of charm, but say i was on the other side of the debate i would say his first appearance he uses his charm on the woman working with Shadowking, that is one woman, 1, who are the other women, while we all love that Remy is a ladies man this wording bugged the hell out of me infact the whole statement did, so i did a very quick flick through of some of my comics and Remy is seduced more so than we have seen him seduce, Working backwards , X-Factor 8 Angela , Gambit V5 10 with Joelle that seems more mutual if something happened, we dont know what happen with Mystique but he was resisting her seduction, then Gambit V4 3 Lili Penrose doesnt take no for an answer , again thats a quick flick through, and im not debating the charm power, if someone says he charmed such and such i dont care, its more about OFTEN USES on women, what women, in Xtreme he had no powers and seemed to charm one of Bogans hench people, other issue where Gambit is making out with a woman we dont see the set up like UXM 381, or in Victims with the defective it glossed over it but it was a relationship, with Genevieve XM33 he was in a relationship, probably would have been quicker to charm her to get what he wanted.
i repeat this is not about the power its about that statement and where it comes from? does anyone have anything that might add to it or an idea where it comes from, if you say he charmed such and such im not going to argue or debate with you over it
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 04:13:04 PM by Dantay »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #577 on: February 14, 2016, 04:37:02 PM »
I'd prefer 'naturally' charm too. The rapey subtext is too unavoidable. Even if it's a subtle telepathy type thing, say he never uses it on woman just people trying to kill him. Like shadow kings hench women, he was just trying to get away and save kid storm. (Natural charm still works there and would be preferred.)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #578 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:19 PM »
Channing Tatum is naturally charming, like Joel McHale or Oscar Isaac. He, and his portrayal of Gambit, don't need a dumb charm power. In fact, Gambit never needed it in the first place, he sure as hell never used it.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #579 on: February 14, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »
It was just a dumb reference in an article from someone that probably doesn't know any better.  I don't care if he has the charm power or not but he has never used it on women in the manner suggested.  If it exists, it has only been used on people trying to kill him and he tried it on Iceman to try and tell him where Rogue was.

In fact, on the TV show Lucifer, Lucifer basically has a charm power of sorts and the actor pulls it off well IMO so something akin to that is perfectly fine IMO although I don't think it matters either way.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #580 on: February 15, 2016, 03:15:33 AM »
It was just a dumb reference in an article from someone that probably doesn't know any better.  I don't care if he has the charm power or not but he has never used it on women in the manner suggested.  If it exists, it has only been used on people trying to kill him and he tried it on Iceman to try and tell him where Rogue was.

In fact, on the TV show Lucifer, Lucifer basically has a charm power of sorts and the actor pulls it off well IMO so something akin to that is perfectly fine IMO although I don't think it matters either way.

Lucifers power you refer to is people cant lie to him they just want to tell him their deepest darkest twisted fantasies, i find the actor a bit over the top at times especially the beginning of the last episode with the street performer. what you wrote got me thinking, though and i swear im not starting or trying to debate a charm power here but apart from the Iceman thing every example ive been given in favor of Gambit having a charm ability, i kinda noticed a pattern, Gambit isnt so much charming someone or getting them to do what he wants so much as he is distracting them or put it this way he is keeping the focus on himself while he speaks, like his first appearance, or with Vargas as someone used, just food for thought i could be utterly wrong

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #581 on: February 15, 2016, 04:28:58 AM »
I got the feeling that this person doesn't really know Gambit too well.  Sure it's great that people are paying attention to the movie and writing about it.  But to say that he has been seen with a bo staff in the past?  And that he should lose the bo staff for the film?  Dude.  Dude no.  That's like...his thing.  That and other little details. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2016, 09:10:33 AM »
They called Cyclops an anti-hero...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2016, 11:51:02 AM »
Design and Trend isn't some well known or major news/entertainment source. It's nice to have places talk about the film because I think anything that keeps it top of mind is good, but also consider the source. :)

No Dantay - Gambit has never used his "charm" as in a power on women. Women find him charming and want to help him. E.g. The librarian lady in Fab's run. All the chicks kissing him when he was in a bar with Wolverine. They like him because he is eye candy. There is no instance beyond his schmoozing Iceman for a ride and Vargas to save his own life.  He's exotic looking via his eyes. While Storm has called him a charmer in Xmen, it is because he's giving her compliments and she recognizes his "game" as it were. And she was flattered by his compliments. What he is ... is a listener, its part of the con that he does.

His 'charm' is more his personality than anything else. Not to get anyone going, but the whole mental rape idea is a thing/label now because of over reaction to stuff. Heck, basically anyone with telepathy can be labeled in that manner. Who the heck would want that power now. Its a negative connotation and not something that needs to associated with Gambit.

IA with you Spoonz, the bo-staff is important to the character. Its his main weapon, since he doesn't crutch on his powers.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:52:41 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #584 on: February 15, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »
Lucifers power you refer to is people cant lie to him they just want to tell him their deepest darkest twisted fantasies, i find the actor a bit over the top at times especially the beginning of the last episode with the street performer. what you wrote got me thinking, though and i swear im not starting or trying to debate a charm power here but apart from the Iceman thing every example ive been given in favor of Gambit having a charm ability, i kinda noticed a pattern, Gambit isnt so much charming someone or getting them to do what he wants so much as he is distracting them or put it this way he is keeping the focus on himself while he speaks, like his first appearance, or with Vargas as someone used, just food for thought i could be utterly wrong

Lucifer says he is usually irresistible to women hence why his therapist basically ignores all professional decorum in front of him and the female cop.  In fact he is drawn to the female cop because she is immune not only to his deep dark desire power thing but because she isn't falling over herself to sleep with him.

Now I suppose one could argue he is just naturally charming but he is the devil and the way women react to him isn't really natural IMO. 

I agree the dude is over the top but I think it suits the character.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:15:28 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"