Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385275 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #585 on: February 15, 2016, 11:14:07 PM »
Design and Trend isn't some well known or major news/entertainment source. It's nice to have places talk about the film because I think anything that keeps it top of mind is good, but also consider the source. :)

No Dantay - Gambit has never used his "charm" as in a power on women. Women find him charming and want to help him. E.g. The librarian lady in Fab's run. All the chicks kissing him when he was in a bar with Wolverine. They like him because he is eye candy. There is no instance beyond his schmoozing Iceman for a ride and Vargas to save his own life.  He's exotic looking via his eyes. While Storm has called him a charmer in Xmen, it is because he's giving her compliments and she recognizes his "game" as it were. And she was flattered by his compliments. What he is ... is a listener, its part of the con that he does.

His 'charm' is more his personality than anything else. Not to get anyone going, but the whole mental rape idea is a thing/label now because of over reaction to stuff. Heck, basically anyone with telepathy can be labeled in that manner. Who the heck would want that power now. Its a negative connotation and not something that needs to associated with Gambit.

IA with you Spoonz, the bo-staff is important to the character. Its his main weapon, since he doesn't crutch on his powers.

Jean Grey and Xavier are telepaths and there is no real negative connotation for them.  I don't think there is really a negative connotation at all.  I just think haters have used it as an excuse to bash the character and some fans are weary of it as a result.

There is nothing wrong with him having it.  There is nothing wrong with him not having it. There are more examples of Xavier and Jean Grey abusing their powers in the comics than there are of Gambit abusing this alleged power.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #586 on: February 15, 2016, 11:34:58 PM »
Jean Grey and Xavier are telepaths and there is no real negative connotation for them.  I don't think there is really a negative connotation at all.  I just think haters have used it as an excuse to bash the character and some fans are weary of it as a result.

There is nothing wrong with him having it.  There is nothing wrong with him not having it. There are more examples of Xavier and Jean Grey abusing their powers in the comics than there are of Gambit abusing this alleged power.

My bad for not being more concise and clear. The ideology of mental rape is a negative concept. Yes, haters have used the ideology to bash the character and yes fans are weary as a result.

It is a preference for me for Gambit to not have the power because its not worth the debate with the haters.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:39:39 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #587 on: February 16, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »
My bad for not being more concise and clear. The ideology of mental rape is a negative concept. Yes, haters have used the ideology to bash the character and yes fans are weary as a result.

It is a preference for me for Gambit to not have the power because its not worth the debate with the haters.

Fair enough, I simply think it's a victory for the haters if we allow Gambit's powers to be defined based on their hating but to each his/her own.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #588 on: February 17, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
Still no news  >:( unbelievable!

All I'm hearing about is Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Wolverine 3 in the news and yet still no Gambit news?!?

What the hell is going on? They better make this wait worth it.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2016, 04:54:34 PM »
Yeah I mean it's close to filming a little bit of news will help with getting people hyped for next year
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #590 on: February 17, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »
I hope they start releasing something soon. It's the perfect time to tease us fans with Gambit.

From what I've read so far on the Internet, there is so much confusion with what is happening with the Gambit film. Some people think it has been cancelled, people still think Tatum dropped out, even some people think it doesn't have a director etc.

After the success of Deadpool, you would think they would use this to their own advantage.

Show us a tease of Tatum as Gambit, exactly like Fox did with Deadpool.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #591 on: February 19, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »
Go to the forum section of Comic Vine / X-Men.  Someone put up a poll asking if Gambit should have a movie.  I've been arguing yes on it, with my ideas for three, yes three, movies.  Need so Gambit support over there!

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2016, 02:08:56 AM »
Fox or Channing need to release some information soon on the Gambit film.

These are actual comments that are floating around.

"i heard that the director quitted because the studio is interfering."

"I heard they switched the guy playing gambit. Like he actually has a Louisiana accent now loL"

"It was Channing Tatum, Not sure if they picked someone else"

"I don't see Gambit being released this year. Last i heard the director quit"

"What's up with Gambit? I haven't heard anything about it.Even though I think will do the least out of all the films"

The interest in the film is there overall but Fox need to release some news soon to clarify things. Tease the fans so they show more interest in the film and it catches their curiosity. I believe Gambit will be a hit if they do all the marketing for this film correct.
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2016, 02:26:49 AM »
Fox or Channing need to release some information soon on the Gambit film.

These are actual comments that are floating around.

"i heard that the director quitted because the studio is interfering."

"I heard they switched the guy playing gambit. Like he actually has a Louisiana accent now loL"

"It was Channing Tatum, Not sure if they picked someone else"

"I don't see Gambit being released this year. Last i heard the director quit"

"What's up with Gambit? I haven't heard anything about it.Even though I think will do the least out of all the films"

The interest in the film is there overall but Fox need to release some news soon to clarify things. Tease the fans so they show more interest in the film and it catches their curiosity. I believe Gambit will be a hit if they do all the marketing for this film correct.

tease them with what? they haven't even entered production yet, they just got a new director, those comments you posted are old and true...is , so far there is a director , leading male and female actors and a silly hair style, thats all there is, where there is more im sure we will all see or hear it, we have all the information we need which is They are making a Gambit film and there is an A-Lister heading the film with a decent script and a good director

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2016, 02:42:01 AM »
These comments aren't old, they are comments from people who don't follow Gambit and from some people who don't know who Gambit is but the curiosity is there. This is showing people who are t your typical Gambit/Marvel fans are interested in the film but aren't aware of the news with the film.

By now a costume should be made or partly, they can easily show a tease of this just to get us more excited or release some casting info to start the Gambit promotion.

Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:24 AM »
These comments aren't old, they are comments from people who don't follow Gambit and from some people who don't know who Gambit is but the curiosity is there. This is showing people who are t your typical Gambit/Marvel fans are interested in the film but aren't aware of the news with the film.

By now a costume should be made or partly, they can easily show a tease of this just to get us more excited or release some casting info to start the Gambit promotion.

again though production hasnt even started yet so there is nothing to show , like every comic movie once it starts we will be flooded with stuff

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2016, 06:20:21 AM »
Patience people, patience. To get too much too soon isn't good anyway. IMO. Makes it seem like they're working too hard to get audiences.

Offline Gambit4love1

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2016, 07:33:19 AM »
 ;) ;D haha yeah I know you're right, I'm just excited for the film to start filming and see our first glimpse of Gambit  :D
Gambit
Redhood
Winter Soldier

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
Well, casting news wouldn't hurt, though.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »
I think the more you wait and expect and get upset that we haven't heard anything, the longer it's going to seem to take.  We know that the movie is definitely happening.  Nothing we can do but chill and wait for the day when the news finally hits :)