Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385487 times)

Offline M

• X-Man
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #705 on: May 16, 2016, 06:04:14 AM »
The movie HAS to be good based on what we know. All of us could write a decent script.

problem is Singer far as i know, he can't handle

a new character in 'his arc'

thats my take

whatevs

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #706 on: May 16, 2016, 09:45:30 AM »
The movie HAS to be good based on what we know. All of us could write a decent script.

I think 10 Gambit fans would write 10 different scripts with different feeling and type of movie.
Gambit is a really comlex character so sometimes it is hard to make him fun, serious, mysterious, charming, dark and self-loathing at the same time.

That is why fans has different opinions about Asmus` Gambit.

Some fans really love it and think that it was perfect. Some like me think that it was good but not good enough. And some really hate it because it wasn`t Gambit that they were expecting.

I think the same situatuon will be with movie. One fans would say I want him to be with Rogue, others would say I want pop-corn movie about thief and third group of fans would love to see Mutant Masscare drama.
Deadpool was a great mix of humour, drama and action with some erotic. Gambit movie need to be the same great mix of different things.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #707 on: May 16, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #708 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:42 PM »
I think 10 Gambit fans would write 10 different scripts with different feeling and type of movie.
Gambit is a really comlex character so sometimes it is hard to make him fun, serious, mysterious, charming, dark and self-loathing at the same time.

Some fans really love it and think that it was perfect. Some like me think that it was good but not good enough. And some really hate it because it wasn`t Gambit that they were expecting.

I think the same situatuon will be with movie. One fans would say I want him to be with Rogue, others would say I want pop-corn movie about thief and third group of fans would love to see Mutant Masscare drama.
Deadpool was a great mix of humour, drama and action with some erotic. Gambit movie need to be the same great mix of different things.

I agree with you 100% Purplvt!

Wht hurts is that WE as fans really just want a good movie. It's like Deadpool in that sense, though Gambit is great as a pg-13 charcter

I'm watching these Apocalypse commercials and they hurt my eyes ya know? Too much juice not enough flavor, sure I'll see it, but we x-fans love our stories and our characters right?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #709 on: May 16, 2016, 04:31:02 PM »
http://www.superherohype.com/news/374133-channing-tatum-spotted-filming-kingsman-the-golden-circle#/slide/6 um looks like Tatum has short hair under that hat

I don`t think that his hair is completely short. I think it is the same haircut like in hateful eight or this video. His latest interview I suppose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a34qMg0aF6w

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #710 on: May 16, 2016, 04:36:04 PM »
I agree with you 100% Purplvt!

Wht hurts is that WE as fans really just want a good movie. It's like Deadpool in that sense, though Gambit is great as a pg-13 charcter

I'm watching these Apocalypse commercials and they hurt my eyes ya know? Too much juice not enough flavor, sure I'll see it, but we x-fans love our stories and our characters right?

Gambit is good as pg-13 charcter but he can work as R rated too. He is blowing up things. His explosions need to be like grenades smashing everything and everyone.

And not like in Origins when 52 cards into Wolverine`s chest weren`t even possible to destroy his t-shirt.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #711 on: May 20, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
I disagree in the fact they can keep alot of that out of sight. Gaining the pg-13 rating. Not that it didn't happen, but I fail to recall the toast that Gambit wrote on that stuff  :crazy2:

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #712 on: May 20, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »

Yes, this is very true.  Trying to balance all the different versions of Gambit people have in their head is the challenge.  With a character like Deadpool, I think it is slightly easier because over the years his darker elements have been downplayed and made into something he can still make fun of.

The darker elements of Gambit like the MM is not something that you can make light of but it is something that for me drives his personality so it is something I would expect to see eventually on film.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #713 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »
Got some unfounded Gambit movie gossip. Rumor has it a DC director may be courting him to play a role in the upcoming Flash movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/is-channing-tatum-about-to-leave-gambit-for-a-role-in-the-dc-films-a142334
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #714 on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:28 AM »
I highly  doubt he would go to the bomb blowing movies that is DC i mean look at all of the dc movies that bomb that isnt batman, plus  if it ain't a main role I highly  doubt  he will leave
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:58:43 AM by Moonlight Nightmare »
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #715 on: June 06, 2016, 01:59:05 AM »
Well, Apocalypse results are not so good too.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #716 on: June 06, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
No, Channing Tatum Isn't Jumping From The XCU to The DCEU

http://www.latino-review.com/news/no-channing-tatum-isnt-jumping-from-the-xcu-to-the-dceu

We reached out to a deeply-embedded source, who spoke with us on a condition of anonymity. The source referred to the speculation as totally off-the-mark, and assured us that Fox was moving forward with GAMBIT, with Tatum fully committed.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #717 on: June 06, 2016, 12:07:08 PM »
Last photos of Channing Tatum are a bit discouraging. He cut his hair and he has belly. I hope he get back his form until end of this year.

photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/01/18/34D3196E00000578-3620412-image-m-13_1464803614205.jpg

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #718 on: June 06, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »
Last photos of Channing Tatum are a bit discouraging. He cut his hair and he has belly. I hope he get back his form until end of this year.

photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/01/18/34D3196E00000578-3620412-image-m-13_1464803614205.jpg

Why care how he looks now, he probably  gained weight  for another  movie ,actors gain and lose weight all the time for movie roles
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #719 on: June 06, 2016, 06:02:38 PM »
Two Tatum`s movies are filming now: Kingsman 2 and Logan Lucky.
Also he has announced movies: Untitled Musical Comedy, Man in Black/Jump street and Gambit  :gambit: ofcourse)