Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385523 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1125 on: November 20, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »
I've had a low-key "thing" for her, for a while now. Female lead can only mean what? Bella Donna or... Ms Sinister? That'd be a twist. We've been asking Mister this whole time, what if it's Miss? Women can honestly be much scarier than men.

;D I agree!

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1126 on: November 20, 2017, 07:20:44 PM »
That...never even occurred to me but I am sold

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1127 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:36 PM »
Miss Sinister would be very interesting. And I'd immediately fall in love and do whatever she wanted me to do to notice me.
Who Dat

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1128 on: November 20, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
I have no idea why so many on Twitter think/hope shes playing Rogue. Its an ORIGIN story lol

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1129 on: November 20, 2017, 08:02:48 PM »
Is that confirmed? (origin story)
Who Dat

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1130 on: November 20, 2017, 08:14:31 PM »
Is that confirmed? (origin story)

Good question, I guess I just assumed it was based on the previous plot details. Bella Donna etc.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:25:06 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1131 on: November 20, 2017, 08:35:45 PM »
Question, whats with the sarcasm of this article from Bleeding cool? As I recall Deadpool was in pre production for a decade, but with Gambit its "Development hell"

"Supposed casting in Supposed Gambit film",
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/20/lizzy-caplan-role-channing-tatum-gambit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1132 on: November 20, 2017, 09:47:30 PM »
Miss Sinister would be very interesting. And I'd immediately fall in love and do whatever she wanted me to do to notice me.

That was funny... And very sad. Probably do the same.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1133 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »
I have no idea why so many on Twitter think/hope shes playing Rogue. Its an ORIGIN story lol

I think it's more of a present day kind of thing with flashbacks to explain the origin. No way Tatum can pull off anytime under 25. He needs to get the ball rolling though. He's not in the greatest of shape. Saw him host the tonight show and he had a gut for sure.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1134 on: November 20, 2017, 09:58:37 PM »

I think it's more of a present day kind of thing with flashbacks to explain the origin. No way Tatum can pull off anytime under 25. He needs to get the ball rolling though. He's not in the greatest of shape. Saw him host the tonight show and he had a gut for sure.

I saw him as well on that, he did mention before he only gets in shape for movies that require it otherwise he does not work out, because I bet money they will have him take his shirt off in the film lol It's Interesting, I always tought CT was popular -or are comic book fans always this really critical about casting?

-You think they would recast Rogue? She would fit Rogue better IMO than Bella Donna.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:07:24 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1135 on: November 20, 2017, 10:02:43 PM »
Question, whats with the sarcasm of this article from Bleeding cool? As I recall Deadpool was in pre production for a decade, but with Gambit its "Development hell"

"Supposed casting in Supposed Gambit film",
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/20/lizzy-caplan-role-channing-tatum-gambit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Deadpool was called the same.. don't worry about Bleeding Cool too much. They post multiple reviews of the same issues by different reviewers with vastly different opinions. It's weird there.
Who Dat

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #1136 on: November 20, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »
I doubt she would be in this movie, but Caplan could pull off a great Rogue.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1137 on: November 20, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »
IGN does one of their infuriating tiny videos about it;

https://youtu.be/n6IOLE2hPL0

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1138 on: November 21, 2017, 12:38:51 AM »

Deadpool was called the same.. don't worry about Bleeding Cool too much. They post multiple reviews of the same issues by different reviewers with vastly different opinions. It's weird there.

Indeed, as a newer Gambit fan just getting used to the negative stuff about him :( .Kinda reassuring to know deadpool took some of the same abuse.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:59:22 AM by Paneo01 »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1139 on: November 21, 2017, 03:00:52 AM »
Don`t care about Bleedingcool or Collider thoughts. Everything will change if mobvie will be good. I remember how Collider were saying on repeat that movie is dead and noone wants it. And then next week we have director and release date and Collider already was always excited for Gambit, LOL ;D