Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385714 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1185 on: December 14, 2017, 09:19:52 AM »

Disney bought FOX.

@_ChristopherM from Omega Underground told:

As far as we know stuff like Gambit, X-Force, and Deadpool 3 are still happening. Things like X-23 and Multiple Man are big question marks at the moment.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1186 on: December 14, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »
I will still feel better when this actually STARTS filming. Wish we'd get more news😲

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1187 on: December 14, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »
 From Disney's site:

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock/

Transaction to include 21st Century Fox’s film and television studios, cable entertainment networks and international TV businesses
Popular entertainment properties including X-Men, Avatar, The Simpsons, FX Networks and National Geographic to join Disney’s portfolio
Expands Disney’s direct-to-consumer offerings with addition of 21st Century Fox’s entertainment content, capabilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia; Hulu stake becomes a controlling interest
….

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

The key is now ownership of the Xmen is back at Marvel, their stuff may get released under the Fox banner but now Marvel will have control, which they have wanted for some time now.

CBR's articles on it -
https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-marvel-deal-questions/
https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-x-men-movies-dont-matter/

This was the original article from CBR:
https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-x-men-fantastic-four-deal/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:16:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1188 on: December 14, 2017, 11:36:53 AM »
I will still feel better when this actually STARTS filming. Wish we'd get more news😲

Same here. Although, I will admit I'm intrigued to see if/how they would portray Gambit in the MCU with the rest of the X-team

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1189 on: December 14, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
This is crazy wild stuff. I am super excited the X-Men are with Marvel now. Might finally get add some great epic x-movies now. I am confident Gambit is still a go and even more excited now that the movie will have Marvel/Disney backing to push it. Gambit movie will definitely be advertised well now.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1190 on: December 14, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »
It makes me a little nervous that Gambit could at best be delayed at worst cancelled.  Saying that, I would love it if he was part of the MCU but hopefully Disney/Marvel make him a central focus. 

On the other hand, I wonder if Marvel comics will start taking the X-Men seriously again.  Maybe with a Gambit film they'll start sincerely trying to push him in comics.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1191 on: December 14, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

On the other hand, I wonder if Marvel comics will start taking the X-Men seriously again.  Maybe with a Gambit film they'll start sincerely trying to push him in comics.

This is for sure. I can totally see     an ongoing solo series to coincide with the movie. While I'll remain a bit nervous until something official is confirmed(which might not be too long from now) I am pretty confident this movie is safe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:12:38 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1192 on: December 14, 2017, 06:30:16 PM »

This is for sure. I can totally see     an ongoing solo series to coincide with the movie. While I'll remain a bit nervous until something official is confirmed(which might not be too long from now) I am pretty confident this movie is safe.

Recently Cullen Bunn told that he is working on smth with Bella Donna.
She may appear as villain in Blue or maybe he is working on Gambit solo. He told once that pithced Gambit solo a few times but Marvel always refused. Maybe this time they gave green light to it.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #1193 on: December 14, 2017, 08:05:21 PM »
@Neko link is turning up bunk for me right now

Gambit should definitely still be a safe go. Remember this deal won't actually go through for 12-18 months and even then it's possible it could be blocked. From what I've been reading though is that DC doesn't have as big a problem with this as with Time and Comcast merger

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1194 on: December 14, 2017, 08:08:27 PM »
@Neko link is turning up bunk for me right now

Thanks M! I'll fix it - not sure where the original article went but I found two others. See my previous post.
Edit: found the original one too.
https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-x-men-fantastic-four-deal/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:17:26 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1195 on: December 14, 2017, 08:46:01 PM »
Hopefully Channing will make some kind of statement or comment about the progress of the gambit movie, he has not mentioned it since lucky logan press months back, before GV even came on.
-
Wonder is the Multiple man one is going ahead?

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1196 on: December 14, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if everything after Gambit was just scrapped. Except for the X-Force movie idea with Marvel making that their first main X-title that they are in control of.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1197 on: December 14, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »
Gambit will happen. I'm certain.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1198 on: December 15, 2017, 06:24:17 AM »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-fantastic-four-flux-fox-disney-deal-1067672

'X-Men,' 'Fantastic Four' in Flux After Fox-Disney Deal

The long-gestating Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum is finally due to begin shooting in late February 2018 for a February 2019 release. What will be the box-office threshold for Disney to consider that movie a hit, thus warranting a sequel? The answers will lie in a re-evaluation of the projects down the line to see how and if it fits into a broader Marvel strategy, according to sources.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1199 on: December 15, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
And M is right. Before this deal officially goes through it has to go through a regulatory review first to make sure it doesn't violate any antitrust laws. This will last anywhere from 12-18 months. Disney has said they expect it to take 18 months. So it's not like Disney can just start cancelling whatever they want right away. The Gambit movie could very well have come out already and the review will still not be done.