Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 389985 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1215 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:00 AM »

@_ChristopherM UPDATE: It looks like full-steam-ahead for GAMBIT. Now looking at a FEBRUARY production start. We previously confirmed a shoot in NEW ORLEANS in MARCH. Just in case you thought it was getting canceled.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1216 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:48 AM »

Gambit movie has hired Tom Struthers as the stunt coordinator and Academy Award-winner Joel Harlow as the makeup artist.

Tom has previously worked on Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Black Panther, Infinity War, etc.
Joel has worked on Logan, Black Panther, Inception.

Katrissa 'Kat' Peterson also joins the crew as the visual effects coordinator. She has worked on Guardian of the Galaxy vol.2, Black Panther, Iron Man, Captain America: Winter Soldier.

It changes size of text again :(

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1217 on: December 18, 2017, 07:49:35 AM »
Hey purplevit, where did you get this info from?

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1218 on: December 18, 2017, 08:16:00 AM »

@_ChristopherM UPDATE: It looks like full-steam-ahead for GAMBIT. Now looking at a FEBRUARY production start. We previously confirmed a shoot in NEW ORLEANS in MARCH. Just in case you thought it was getting canceled.
.                                                                                                 Reading the comments to this is depressing, geez, they either don't like gambit, gore, Channing...or all three 😯                                           

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1219 on: December 18, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
Hey purplevit, where did you get this info from?

From poster from other site. He is quit close to omega underground. I think he got it from them.

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1220 on: December 18, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
Ok thanks purp. Great news. I checked hiss twitter and it confirms Gambit still shooting in New Orleans as well as other locations.

Paneo01, You seem quite worried and I understand. But this movie is getting made and that's awesome for us. You can't pay attention to posters on the internet who are tools. There has been nothing but false negativity reported on this movie so of coarse everyone wants to slag it off. Once the movie gets going and we get a few slick set pics and an interesting Sinister reveal and a great Gambit design for Channing, you will see how much all that stuff will change.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1221 on: December 18, 2017, 08:43:59 AM »
Yeah, haters will hate no matter what.

They always finds new excuses when you fight them with facts.
Movie is happening and it is great :)

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1222 on: December 18, 2017, 09:15:52 AM »
-

Paneo01, You seem quite worried and I understand. But this movie is getting made and that's awesome for us. You can't pay attention to posters on the internet who are tools. There has been nothing but false negativity reported on this movie so of coarse everyone wants to slag it off. Once the movie gets going and we get a few slick set pics and an interesting Sinister reveal and a great Gambit design for Channing, you will see how much all that stuff will change.

-
Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:23:00 AM by Paneo01 »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1223 on: December 18, 2017, 09:24:46 AM »
Yup 100% right Neko. Fox is still in the business of making money. So long as they have these rights, they'll make movies that they believe will make them money. Gambit will. X-Force will. I would love to see Franco get his shot at Multiple Man before the rights shift back too.

Well, no. X-Force and Franco need to accelerate and get into production. If they aren't committed by time Disney gets through, they'll be in trouble. Gambit has already hired people and signed contracts. XFO and MM don't even have scripts. The same with the planned New Mutant's trilogy. The first one is done, but if they don't start production on the 2nd within the year, its in trouble. Seeing as the first movie doesn't even come out until 2018, I doubt they are going to start the ball rolling on a sequel before they know it'll make money in the theaters and on the back-end (DL and disc sales). What annoys me about the future is the X-Men. They are finally getting into their more sci-fi phase and it looks like Dark Phoenix will be the last of it as I doubt Marvel is going to go cosmic during their first couple of outings or even come close to touching another Phoenix story. I expect them to do more grounded story lines. So I might get my Operation Zero Tolerance, X-tinction Agenda  and X-Cutioners Song movies. The only space story under Disney I think we'll see is the Phalanx Covenant because it's so much unlike anything else that's out there.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:29:00 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1224 on: December 18, 2017, 10:18:56 AM »
I was saying that both of those movies would make Fox money if they were able to be made.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1225 on: December 18, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »

‘Gambit’ 10 Week NOLA Shoot Confirmed – Budget Reportedly $155M :D

http://omegaunderground.com/2017/12/18/gambit-10-week-nola-shoot-confirmed-budget-reportedly-155m/

Late last night, we reported that Gambit would spend 10 weeks shooting in New Orleans starting in March. Along with undisclosed other locations expected as well.

This is now confirmed by NOLA.com, who confirmed our report and added that Gambit’s budget is around $155 million.

Channing Tatum is playing Remy, while Lizzy Caplan is in talks to play the female lead.

Gambit is set for release on February 14th, 2019.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1226 on: December 18, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »
Kinda surprised at the huge budget, given CT wanted it to feel like a smaller film. Much bigger than deadpool or Logan budget... Europe locals would explain the higher budget.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:14:17 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1227 on: December 18, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »
 "Gambit is a "Obscure" character?
https://screenrant.com/gambit-production-budget/
Given Deadpool’s popularity as a character and Hugh Jackman’s many years as Wolverine, it would be odd for Fox would commit such a sizable budget to a relatively obscure character like Gambit. What’s more, Gambit and his backstory hardly lend themselves to a massive blockbuster. While Remy’s mutants powers will certainly take more work than those of Deadpool or Wolverine, it’s unclear where the rest of the money will be going, assuming the $155M number is accurate.

The movie will lack the name recognition of Spider-Man and Wonder Woman and the Marvel Studios name that helped-Doctor Strange

Dont get it.... how will it lack the marvel studios name? Gambit is a marvel character lol.

admin edit. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:15:24 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1228 on: December 18, 2017, 01:03:49 PM »
I'm guessing they just mean that it'll be a "Fox" movie instead of "Marvel Studios" movie, which helped some of the lesser-known MCU properties.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1229 on: December 18, 2017, 01:10:48 PM »
I'm guessing they just mean that it'll be a "Fox" movie instead of "Marvel Studios" movie, which helped some of the lesser-known MCU properties.

ohhhh ???