Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 390325 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1230 on: December 18, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »
Thats not a bad thing in regards to releasing movies under 20th Century Fox brand name. It is a brand and from a marketing point of view, Disney should keep it and use it for material that is not "Disney"esque. I mean R stuff and other things that Disney is more careful about. I know there is fear with Disney's ownership but ... they do branch out without the name to make money.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1231 on: December 18, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
Thats not a bad thing in regards to releasing movies under 20th Century Fox brand name. It is a brand and from a marketing point of view, Disney should keep it and use it for material that is not "Disney"esque. I mean R stuff and other things that Disney is more careful about. I know there is fear with Disney's ownership but ... they do branch out without the name to make money.

And I could see them releasing it under the FOX name as a way to hedge their bets/test the waters with the character. If it fails, they can reboot the character and blame it on FOX. If it succeeds, they can say they say it's another Deadpool situation where they bring the character over from the Fox Universe (this is assuming they bring all of the X-Men to the MCU)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1232 on: December 18, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »
With a budget that high, Fox must have some high expectations for it.
Who Dat

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1233 on: December 18, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »

"Why is Channing Tatum's budget so incredibly high"

https://movieweb.com/gambit-movie-production-budget-x-men-channing-tatum/

The budget has not been reconfirmed since 2016, So I think it will possibly go down

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1234 on: December 18, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
The budget has not been reconfirmed since 2016, So I think it will possibly go down

Do you know this to be true? Because they are making it seem like this is a "new" report. I have to admit it does seem very high. I just find it odd that it is the exact same amount that came out the first time around when Rupert Wyatt was going to direct. The amount hasn't changed a bit because it would seem that they made some changes to the film. Just like when they released that casting call a few months ago. It seemed like it was the exact same casting call that came out back when Rupert Wyatt was directing. Are they finding old info and releasing it as "new" leaked behind the scenes info now? I do have to admit that all crew so far have been top notch hirings. If this is the budget, get ready for the douche's on Collider to NEVER SHUT UP about it.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1235 on: December 18, 2017, 08:27:02 PM »

Do you know this to be true? Because they are making it seem like this is a "new" report. I have to admit it does seem very high. I just find it odd that it is the exact same amount that came out the first time around when Rupert Wyatt was going to direct. The amount hasn't changed a bit because it would seem that they made some changes to the film. Just like when they released that casting call a few months ago. It seemed like it was the exact same casting call that came out back when Rupert Wyatt was directing. Are they finding old info and releasing it as "new" leaked behind the scenes info now? I do have to admit that all crew so far have been top notch hirings. If this is the budget, get ready for the douche's on Collider to NEVER SHUT UP about it.
I saw this and assumed the budget was not up to date from 2015.

"Budget details were unavailable, although the film's original 2015 filing with the state film office indicated at the time that it was operating with a $155 million budget"
-http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2017/12/channing_tatums_gambit_headed.html --

I have seen several articles now making a big deal about the "Massive " budget lol
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:30:30 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1236 on: December 18, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1237 on: December 18, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
So, the Captain Marvel film is going ahead as well?

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #1238 on: December 19, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »

I have seen several articles now making a big deal about the "Massive " budget lol

Exactly. Even though these articles know this is an old figure, they are still reporting it and flipping about it being so high. This is the type of coverage this movie has gotten the whole time. So it's easy to see why there is a lot of negativity on the internet. Things will change once we are further along and there is real news to talk about.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1239 on: December 19, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »
Yeah, click bait I suppose. I actually read the sceenrant article and a. Pulls paragraphs in, they do say, well this is a very old number and it might have changed, but then continue on. I also see what you mean about the casting list. It was the same as the old one, but they acted like it was 'new' and then A plan was cast and she's not the 5' 10' Parisian glamour girl...so who knows what's going on...

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #1240 on: December 19, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
@paneo01 Yeah, the Captain Marvel movie should continue forward without a hiccup. Pretty sure she is considered to fall under the Avengers umbrella

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1241 on: December 19, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
Campea talking about the Gambit budget. The movie really doesn't need that much money. If DP did it with 58m on a prayer, Gambit should be more than fine with 80m.

https://youtu.be/xlhjWKoHwOQ
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1242 on: December 19, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »
March 2018 solitics. Gambit on covers for R&G and Astonishing

https://www.newsarama.com/37852-marvel-comics-march-2018-solicitations.html

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:59:26 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1243 on: December 19, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »
Link's not working for me

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1244 on: December 19, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
@paneo01 Yeah, the Captain Marvel movie should continue forward without a hiccup. Pretty sure she is considered to fall under the Avengers umbrella

Thanks!.. It gets confusing on who has rights to what.