Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385384 times)

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #1305 on: January 10, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »
Didn't know she was doing the costumes--I love her work!
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1307 on: January 10, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
Yawn ::) :idiot2:

http://www.obsev.com/entertainment/why-fox-should-cancel-gambit-and-fast-track-their-kitty-pryde-movie-instead.html

Guys, it's no use paying these butthurt people the time of day.  Don't even bother clicking those articles, deny them the traffic.  There are people that are happy for the Gambit movie.  It takes a special kind of pathetic to make a person try and ruin somebody else's fun just because they don't like it and want a different fun.  Oh you don't like Gambit?  Well f*** off and don't buy a ticket then. 

Just ignore them :D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1308 on: January 10, 2018, 04:44:10 PM »

Guys, it's no use paying these butthurt people the time of day.  Don't even bother clicking those articles, deny them the traffic.  There are people that are happy for the Gambit movie.  It takes a special kind of pathetic to make a person try and ruin somebody else's fun just because they don't like it and want a different fun.  Oh you don't like Gambit?  Well f*** off and don't buy a ticket then. 

Just ignore them :D

Yeah. Definetely won't give klicks for that crap articles too.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #1309 on: January 10, 2018, 05:05:11 PM »
And it's all the same stuff anyway. This particular one was either written by someone who read comics in the '80s and loves Kitty and/or b.) presents the idea that Kitty deserves her own movie more than Gambit, because we need more female superheroes rather than another cis white male. (Which isn't wrong, but I don't see why one has to be done in favor of another.)

As for the movie itself, my only reservations at the moment are CT (but I *am* going to give him a chance) and Jeff Zetumer--I'm worried because he hasn't done much, and apparently the RoboCop script wasn't very good.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1310 on: January 10, 2018, 05:57:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't bother with those sites anymore. If its not the from the "main" ones we look at it, I don't click. I'm tired of negativity and favoritism.

When stuff starts to happen, then I'll be happy to hear more.

I also want to see what CT looks like now too for the role. LOL

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #1311 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
I expect we'll see more negativity, not just from niche publications or your average haters, but from popular sites as well, and we should be prepared for backlash.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1312 on: January 10, 2018, 08:46:40 PM »

This is what I want to hear! An official start date. I'm also super excited to see Jenny Beavan's costume design. I think she'll design an awesome Gambit look.In the upcoming weeks we're going to have to pay attention to any Tatum sightings to see how his weight cut is coming along. 8)

Been waiting myself. He was pretty heavy when he was guest hosting the Jimmy show a month or so ago.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1313 on: January 10, 2018, 08:52:20 PM »
I expect we'll see more negativity, not just from niche publications or your average haters, but from popular sites as well, and we should be prepared for backlash.

Im afraid you are right :(

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1314 on: January 10, 2018, 08:55:01 PM »
I'd say  let's it roll off but Gambit's vast majority of fans exist outside of comicdom. I hope the hate stays away from mainstream media so it doesn't poison the waters.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1315 on: January 11, 2018, 12:26:01 AM »

Been waiting myself. He was pretty heavy when he was guest hosting the Jimmy show a month or so ago.

Pic taken tonight of him 

?tagged=channingtatum
=

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1316 on: January 11, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »
His face looks more angular... Hey that other guy is in Jessica Jones...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1317 on: January 11, 2018, 01:40:11 PM »
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:54:18 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1319 on: January 11, 2018, 01:58:27 PM »
Ugh! WHY do directors keep leaving this project?  I don't think it will.get made, and if it does it already has a bad rep