Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385280 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #2025 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:05 AM »
I suppose it is still a rumor, but it’s a pretty logical rumor. Because, yeah...Tatum’s not even talking about it anymore and he was practythe driving force behind it. I think the rumor said pretty much all the ‘side’ movies have been scrapped, which also makes sense.  I’m still not sure if New Mutants actually get finished/released...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:22:18 AM by anya »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2026 on: January 13, 2019, 02:29:03 PM »
I suppose it is still a rumor, but it’s a pretty logical rumor. Because, yeah...Tatum’s not even talking about it anymore and he was practythe driving force behind it. I think the rumor said pretty much all the ‘side’ movies have been scrapped, which also makes sense.  I’m still not sure if New Mutants actually get finished/released...

Yeah, this guy could even be making stuff up but he'd only be doing it based on what's likely to happen.

I'm sure things are just up in the air now, with the Disney/Fox deal. But that's rumored to be done around the end of Feb or March, so hopefully we get some answers soon

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2027 on: January 19, 2019, 02:39:37 AM »
 https://deadline.com/2019/01/channing-tatum-exits-uta-management-360-1202538067/

He has long been slotted to play the charming card-throwing mutant, and buzz has been that he might direct the film after several other filmmakers have been in and out.   

Admin edit - fixed text size.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:40:18 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #2028 on: January 19, 2019, 11:15:08 AM »
Kinda ot. But Channing Tatum dropped his agent https://deadline.com/2019/01/channing-tatum-exits-uta-management-360-1202538067/     no wonder..this guys movie career has stalled. One site theorizing HE might direct gambit lll
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:57:52 PM by Paneo01 »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2029 on: January 21, 2019, 02:46:25 AM »

Caleb Williams‏ @KnightGambit

Читати[size=1px !important]Читати @KnightGambit[/size][/color]

[size=1px !important]Більше[/size]
IN WEIRD NEWS: We had heard that all the Fox X-Men films and spin-offs were canceled but there was a recent production listing for #Gambit that was updated TODAY stating production begins Feb 14th ...just something to keep an eye on...production dates have been pushed since 16'

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:49:56 AM by purplevit »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #2030 on: January 21, 2019, 10:40:09 AM »
I would be not against Tatum directing the film but chances of seeing this movie is very slim. Still I do admire his passion for the project.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2031 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »
I would be not against Tatum directing the film but chances of seeing this movie is very slim. Still I do admire his passion for the project.

I feel the same.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2032 on: January 21, 2019, 11:30:05 AM »
https://deadline.com/2019/01/channing-tatum-exits-uta-management-360-1202538067/

He has long been slotted to play the charming card-throwing mutant, and buzz has been that he might direct the film after several other filmmakers have been in and out.   

Way too late for that.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #2033 on: January 21, 2019, 02:03:56 PM »
I see this gained more steam than when I first posted it ...Find it weird he dropped hos agent without finding a new one

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2034 on: January 21, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
It's like spinning wheels in the mud or too much snow. Are we still flirting with the idea of a film, is it actually happening or are fans being strung along.
I think by this time, I'd like something concrete needed to stated.  :crazy2:

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2035 on: January 22, 2019, 09:49:49 AM »
I guess their still flirting with the idea...but that date is in less than a month... I guess we won’t have to wait long to see if that one’s true...

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2036 on: January 22, 2019, 11:49:51 AM »
If Tatum wants to direct it...well I dunno if I'm happy with a Gambit movie being somebody's directorial debut.  At this point, if the movie does go ahead, and that's a very big IF, then I reckon they need a new actor.  Tatum's too old by this point. 

Buuuuuuuuuut yeah I stand by my opinion that this movie is dead in the water.  No haircut or lack thereof is going to convince my otherwise!

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #2037 on: February 04, 2019, 09:39:17 PM »
The producer says What happens to Gambit is up to Disney now https://heroichollywood.com/x-men-gambit-channing-tatum-development/

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2038 on: February 05, 2019, 09:50:14 AM »
 Speaking of Gambit, our friends over at ThePlaylist have added a nifty little tidbit to the “Channing Tatum wants to direct Gambit story” as they report that Tatum wanted to co-direct with producing/writing partner Reid Carolin (Magic Mike), who had been rewriting the script over the last year or so. Also, that they had approached Steven Soderbergh multiple times to direct but turned them down repeatedly.can confirm I’ve heard that’s true and that Tatum was hoping to co-direct the film with his friend and producer, director and screenwriter Reid Carolin, who wrote “Magic Mike,” “Magic Mike XXL” and has developed many projects with Tatum ever since. Tatum and Carolin, who have worked closely with Steven Soderbergh since “Magic Mike” (Carolin also produced “Logan Lucky”), tried in vain over the last year-plus to coax the “Sex, Lies, and Videotape” and “Out Of Sight” filmmaker to helm “Gambit” many times, but superhero films are just not his bag and he turned his friend down politely every time. Reid and Carolin had hoped to direct “Gambit” and tried in vain to get it off the ground, but with Marvel/Disney approaching, that plan is likely going to fade away if it hasn’t already.https://hnentertainment.co/x-men-producer-reveals-projects-in-development-are-in-the-hands-of-disney-marvel-and-steven-soderbergh-reportedly-turned-down-gambit/

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:44:11 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2039 on: February 05, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »
https://www.newsarama.com/43770-x-men-producer-calls-fate-of-gambit-new-mutants-in-question.html
more from Donner , basically she reckons its up to Disney&Marvel