Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385404 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #2055 on: May 09, 2019, 11:35:25 AM »
Yup, hopefully this just means they have plans for him in the MCU

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2056 on: May 10, 2019, 04:08:33 PM »
That new mutants movie got pushed back another year.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2057 on: May 14, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »
That new mutants movie got pushed back another year.

By time the movie comes out the actors will be nearly 3 years older than when they shot it... I think it's going to be a Hulu or Disney+ release
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #2058 on: October 15, 2019, 03:16:02 PM »
Well, I was suddenly wondering what's happening with the movie.

Found this: https://www.screengeek.net/2019/10/14/gambit-movie-update-doug-liman/.

I'm not surprised really.  :(
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2059 on: October 17, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »
Liman was 2nd director and fired. Why someone would tell him any updates if  they have 3d director after him?

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2060 on: October 18, 2019, 06:28:35 PM »
Liman was 2nd director and fired. Why someone would tell him any updates if  they have 3d director after him?

Exactly. I've seen this "news" popping up in a lot of different articles. Now I think we all pretty much have the understanding that this project, the way it's existed anyway, is over and we shouldn't be expecting it at this point. But what the hell would Doug Liman know about it? He dropped out a long time ago and has not been attached in any way for years. In fact there was a director hired after him and he left too. So I'm not really sure how Doug Liman would have any inside information at this point. The misinformation about this project in the media continues even after it's dead.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2061 on: October 19, 2019, 03:28:56 AM »
Gambit With Channing Tatum Still Might Happen · John Campea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzCettaPAw&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 01:19:45 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2062 on: October 20, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:40:18 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2063 on: October 20, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
It's alright. Channing was getting too old for the part. I applaud his love for the character and without him, the idea might never have been considered with the TPTB anyway.
At least its not a done concept. Just a different direction. I'm okay with that.

Harris Dickinson doesn't look like Gambit to me but I don't think I would be happy with anyone at this point. I guess we'll have to see what transpires.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #2064 on: October 20, 2019, 05:01:50 PM »
Not surprised. As soon as directers kept cycling out you knew it was becoming less and less likely as the Fox/Marvel merger came along. Too Bad Channing's passion for the character didn't get rewarded.  Excited if they have plans for a younger Gambit near the beginning of his thieving career. Blame is on Fox. They should have put more effort into the project instead of Age of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix which killed all momentum that was building with the X-Films post Days of future past and Logan.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2065 on: October 20, 2019, 09:05:25 PM »
Well at least this is actual exciting news that we are likely to see Gambit very early on in the future MCU X-Men universe. I just really feel bad for Channing Tatum. The guy had so much passion and considered it his dream role. Regardless of how you thought Tatum would do in the role, as a Gambit fan, you have to have love for him. He literally put his booming career on hold for years to see this project through and he's not going to get rewarded for his loyalty. It really sucks. For him and for us as I personally feel he was going to knock it out of the park and really surprise people.

I wonder if this means they are actually considering a solo film for him or series or it just means he will be in the X-Men films right from the start. Any of it is good news. I also don't love the look of Harris Dickinson and I really don't want them to go with the little pretty boy look for Gambit. I see Gambit as rugged, sexy, and badass. Not a teen idol. But all in all it's nice to get these rumors for the future of a live action Gambit.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2066 on: October 21, 2019, 02:43:41 AM »
Well at least this is actual exciting news that we are likely to see Gambit very early on in the future MCU X-Men universe. I just really feel bad for Channing Tatum. The guy had so much passion and considered it his dream role. Regardless of how you thought Tatum would do in the role, as a Gambit fan, you have to have love for him. He literally put his booming career on hold for years to see this project through and he's not going to get rewarded for his loyalty. It really sucks. For him and for us as I personally feel he was going to knock it out of the park and really surprise people.

I wonder if this means they are actually considering a solo film for him or series or it just means he will be in the X-Men films right from the start. Any of it is good news. I also don't love the look of Harris Dickinson and I really don't want them to go with the little pretty boy look for Gambit. I see Gambit as rugged, sexy, and badass. Not a teen idol. But all in all it's nice to get these rumors for the future of a live action Gambit.

I completely agree about Tatum. Appreciate everything he did. He tried his best. I am sure that he would be amazing Gambit and was born to play his part. Sad that we won`t see it. He seems like a really nice guy. I wish him all the best and I hope he is happy no matter what.

I hope young Gambit rumour is true. Harris Dickinson or similar guy will work as young Gambit. I am sure he would be more like charming bastard or something like villain maybe so we will see redemption arc for him. Something like Loki.
It is like too early for casting Gambit news. I don`t expect X-Men movie soon. But maybe they want to introduce X characters in other movies beofre first X team movie.
Ant Man 3 is rumoured for 2022. Maybe Gambit will be intoduced there.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2067 on: October 21, 2019, 02:52:15 AM »
I think my perfect Gambit MCU introduction would be him joining X-Men as mysterious new POV character.
Would like to see him as Sinister agent infiltrating X-Men to destroy them from inside.

If they will ever make Gambit solo movie or Disney+ series then I want Gambit with Guilds and Bella in Nola. Assassins, Thieves, cryminal world with their own traditions, clubs, own currency and other things. Like John Wick.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2068 on: October 21, 2019, 10:28:55 AM »
I do feel for Tatum. He was never my first pick, but he was very enthusiastic and pushed the project. That said, I’m all for a younger gambit and being in the X-men movie. Hopefully that site is reliable and their not just making stuff up.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2069 on: October 21, 2019, 09:17:18 PM »
It's early but knowing that Gambit might be in the first group of x-characters to show up in the MCU is very exciting.

I feel bad for Tatum, although he was never my first choice I came to accept his casting because the only reason that solo movie was going to happen in the first place was because of Tatum and he seemed very passionate for the project. I’d wanted that movie to happen for a long time, however since it didn’t pan out it’s time to let it go. Tatum was too old all along anyway. I’m all for a young actor. 

Don’t really like Harris Dickinson’s look, I don’t think it fits Gambit but great to see Marvel is looking for young promising actors for the role. I can totally see Marvel going for a pretty boy look with Gambit due to its young audience. At this point, I’m just excited for more news to start to drop. The next few years will be a long wait.