Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385313 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #2070 on: August 14, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »

Thanks for supporting my Gambit vs Bishop idea.  Just seems like a natural fit for a movie.  Foxx as Bishop would be interesting as I can see him and Tatum having good chemistry.  Not sure though if Foxx can rock dreds, lol.

After watching Project Power I believe Jamie Foxx would be the perfect Bishop for what we imagined lol.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2071 on: August 15, 2020, 09:16:18 PM »
Jamie Foxx is a little small for Bishop no?

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2072 on: August 16, 2020, 11:14:03 AM »
You’re going to have hard time finding actors that fit the ‘big’ comic character, lol.

I thought the guy who played bishop in days of future past looked great (don’t know if he can act since he didn’t get any lines...)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2073 on: August 16, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
You’re going to have hard time finding actors that fit the ‘big’ comic character, lol.

Ummm I disagree. You might not find an actor who is the perfect 6'6 that Bishop is but I'm sure you can find an actor who is a bit bigger and could match physically better than the 5'9 Jamie Foxx.

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #2074 on: August 16, 2020, 08:05:46 PM »

The magic of film-making makes it pretty easy to make an actor seem bigger than they are in real life.

I think Foxx would be an excellent choice for Bishop!

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2075 on: August 16, 2020, 10:52:12 PM »
I'm sure Jamie Foxx would be very good. But he's not the only actor out there and I like the characters to resemble themselves from the comics. And 5'9 is a huge difference from 6'6. He's closer to Wolverines size than Bishop. They're not going to make him look like he's the biggest character in the cast. He's a good actor but there's plenty of options out there that will visually look way better in the role.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #2076 on: August 18, 2020, 05:31:11 PM »
Yeah also chalk me up as a fan of Foxx, but feel he's too small to play Bishop.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #2077 on: August 19, 2020, 02:19:28 PM »
I also like Jamie Foxx but definitely think they could find a better fit for the character easily.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2078 on: August 19, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »
Fair enough, but I'll take acting ability and screen presence over... height requirements, any day. Didn't know Foxx was 5'9". Not an ideal for Bishop but if you want to get technical then the actor shouldn't be black at all as Bishop is aboriginal - Marvel simply portrays him as a black man. And no, I don't extend the classification of "black" to any brown skinned person with similar attributes as those crackpots over on CBR. Sorry I went through that insulting over there.

Anything thing we've gotten on film is an adaptation not a carbon copy. Sometimes they hit the nail with dead likeliness as they did with Pat Stewart, Ian, and Kelsey Grammer but then you have departures like Hugh's Wolverine and Josh Brolin's Cable that work out legendarily. I wouldn't get too held up on this because I guarantee you the MCU version of the X-Men is probably going to upset you.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:30:08 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #2079 on: August 19, 2020, 05:44:31 PM »
Fair enough, but I'll take acting ability and screen presence over... height requirements, any day. Didn't know Foxx was 5'9". Not an ideal for Bishop but if you want to get technical then the actor shouldn't be black at all as Bishop is aboriginal - Marvel simply portrays him as a black man. And no, I don't extend the classification of "black" to any brown skinned person with similar attributes as those crackpots over on CBR. Sorry I went through that insulting over there.

Anything thing we've gotten on film is an adaptation not a carbon copy. Sometimes they hit the nail with dead likeliness as they did with Pat Stewart, Ian, and Kelsey Grammer but then you have departures like Hugh's Wolverine and Josh Brolin's Cable that work out legendarily. I wouldn't get too held up on this because I guarantee you the MCU version of the X-Men is probably going to upset you.

Yeah, I have a feeling most MCU stuff, going forward, will upset me. I already take s*** because I don't like the Guardians of the Galaxy and feel they're stupid, thought Black Panther was overrated and dull, thought Ant-Man and the Wasp was a joke, HATE HATE Captain Marvel, and hate MCU Spider-man/Ironboy. X-Men will likely be no different.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2080 on: August 19, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »

Yeah, I have a feeling most MCU stuff, going forward, will upset me. I already take s*** because I don't like the Guardians of the Galaxy and feel they're stupid, thought Black Panther was overrated and dull, thought Ant-Man and the Wasp was a joke, HATE HATE Captain Marvel, and hate MCU Spider-man/Ironboy. X-Men will likely be no different.

I actually binge watched the MCU movies earlier this year (because I was so behind). A bit of a chore to go through those, SOME movies were good, but a lot of them were very same-ish and meh...Captain Marvel, I didn't like, Black Panther was overrated, I agree. The standouts were CA: Winter Soldier, Thor: Ragnarok and the first Guardians...and Iron Man.

You mentioned Ant-Man and Wasp, which I didn't like those movies at all...but I have a gut feeling that Gambit will probably be the "Ant-Man" of the MCU X-Men...that or Star-Lord. It'll be more in line with comedy more than anything. That said, even the darkest MCU movie felt like sit-com with special effects.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2081 on: August 19, 2020, 09:54:22 PM »

You mentioned Ant-Man and Wasp, which I didn't like those movies at all...but I have a gut feeling that Gambit will probably be the "Ant-Man" of the MCU X-Men...that or Star-Lord. It'll be more in line with comedy more than anything. That said, even the darkest MCU movie felt like sit-com with special effects.

I totally agree. This is what I've been worried about. That they'll just turn Gambit into the X-Men's version of Ant-Man or Starlord. Remy Lebeau is not a goofball and a simpleton. I would love to believe that they would not reduce his character like that. I mean, Ant-Man and Starlord needed to be punched up for films probably but Gambit is a much more fleshed out character with a unique personality. But with the woke agenda we see nowadays, I am definitely worried they'll reduce him to a lovable idiot. But I certainly hope I'm wrong.

This may be an unpopular take but, I think Hugh Jackman is lucky and was just the right guy in the right place. I don't think Hugh Jackman brought anything to the role that a ton of other people couldn't have done. The absolute love he gets from everyone is a mix of longevity(the man has played the role for 20 years) the fact that Wolverine is one of the biggest characters in all of Marvel and isn't very hard to play. With the right couple hairstyles, grumbly voice, and a few competently acted scenes, you will be loved. My point is, I think there are plenty of actors out there for these roles and I don't feel I have to have my mind stuck on one person because I know they're a good actor.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2082 on: August 20, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »

I didn't mind GotG 1, it was goofy but sort of fun. GotG2 all I can think is wtf! Didn't anyone write a script or just used lyrics from 70's songs Brandi by Looking Glass and The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. More so the Brandi song, the whole script was too closely based on it. The fact they wasted time with both songs more than once in the film is really disappointing.

Agree about Ant-Man and Wasp. I haven't seen Captain Marvel yet and the only thing I'm looking forward to if I do watch it is the cat. Doesn't say much. Black Panther just another introduction film to me, the same Doc Strange. I didn't like any of the Thor movies but the first one. I did like the Avengers1 but I didn't like the two wrap up films, they both pissed me off. I don't like cliff hangers for one (Avengers Infinity War), and then the craptascular ending in End Game.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2083 on: August 20, 2020, 02:38:06 PM »
I do expect an increase in jokes, but that’s alright because he does have sense of humor. It will depend on how far it goes.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #2084 on: August 20, 2020, 04:21:04 PM »
I do expect an increase in jokes, but that’s alright because he does have sense of humor. It will depend on how far it goes.

All for him making jokes. Not for him being a joke.