Author Topic: X-Men Apocalypse  (Read 21576 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
X-Men Apocalypse
« on: May 21, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »
i got to see the film the other night and was wondering if any of you want spoilers, i will say this much about the film it does not deserve the negative reviews its getting but it is not that good a movie defiantly not the worse in the X series but far from the best,

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: X-Men Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 11:21:44 AM »
I would say let some time go by .... I don't want spoilers but I'm not rushing out to see the film either. Though it would give me something to do today. LOL

And I'm not surprised by your comments. It has had nothing that for me was appealing while some trailers looked good. Nothing that made me think, oh wow, I gotta go see this. TBH - too much Mystique.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:35:19 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:27:19 PM »
I would say let some time go by .... I don't want spoilers but I'm not rushing out to see the film either. Though it would give me something to do today. LOL

And I'm not surprised by your comments. It has had nothing that for me was appealing while some trailers looked good. Nothing that made me think, oh wow, I gotta go see this. TBH - too much Mystique.

waaaaay too much of Mystique shes the Wolverine of the First Class franchise even with Wolverine in the films she out Wolverines him

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 12:37:41 PM »
waaaaay too much of Mystique shes the Wolverine of the First Class franchise even with Wolverine in the films she out Wolverines him

Yeah, she's been a detraction for me. Too much focus on her character.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 02:13:37 PM »
I'm actually giving this film a miss! With the quality of superhero movies right now I just can't handle Singer.  And the teenage cast just don't do it for me. It was handled okay in first class but this doesn't appeal to me. 

And yes, Mystique being the main character bothers me. My dislike of Jennifer Lawrence is a factor too.

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
Why does everyone here have it in for JLaw?
I'm no criminal. I just do as I please.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

Because she's overrated and annoying?

Okay that's a bit harsh. I'll say that I did used to like her. But over time she's started grating on me. Too much of a relatively good thing I guess?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:51:17 PM by Spoonz »

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 11:29:28 PM »
Because she's overrated and annoying?

Okay that's a bit harsh. I'll say that I did used to like her. But over time she's started grating on me. Too much of a relatively good thing I guess?

If I understood your post correctly, you're saying you think she's overexposed? That definitely can make you resent an actor.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 09:45:48 AM »
If I understood your post correctly, you're saying you think she's overexposed? That definitely can make you resent an actor.

Yes, I think she's over exposed as well. Certainly the Hunger Games films didn't help with that, even though they're successful. It's too much JLaw in a shorten time period.

I'm certain I'm in a minority but the Hunger Games is not all that great either.

I also think Fox tried capitalizing on her star power for the film when Mystique was never that pivotal in the Xmen. 

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 11:03:06 AM »
I have seen the movie twice now. Not to spoil it, but the movie was ok.
I suspect that most people find the movie bad because they had too much action scenes in the movie and very little character story/development, also people seems to feed up with JLaw
The Fox version of Poccy is starting to grow on me, they could have done it better, but he's not that bad

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »
i think the biggest problem for me is that this is just one giant trailer for the next one, theres lots of stuff thats like oh this is going to happen but not in this movie wait for the next one, the young x-men i felt had good development and didn't waste any screen time, the Horsemen were wasted and two of them utterly pointless, lots of acton was good the special effects were not that good same can be said for most comicbook films this year and in previous years, the end credits scene filled me with dread more so than excitement, goddamn corp, you will all know what i mean when you see it

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »

I also think Fox tried capitalizing on her star power for the film when Mystique was never that pivotal in the Xmen. 
That's what I believe as well. I do think it was handled well in DOFP, though.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:58:24 PM »

She can't act.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »
Thanks God Gambit wasn't a part of this movie.
It is a garbage movie with some good Quicksilver and Magneto moments.

I liked first 30 minutes but after mansion scene  this movie became so dull and bad.
There were nothing special in fights.

I hope Gambit solo will be in future with Deadpool. I don't want more movies with X kids.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 04:38:19 PM »
So, I guess I shouldn't go see this in the cinema then?
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting