Author Topic: X-Men Apocalypse  (Read 21567 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: X-Men Apocalypse
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 10:02:27 PM »
Agreed. No more of this stuck in the past nonsense. Bring everyone back to the present. Though I'm sure if I agree about the apocalypse movie, because I still haven't seen it yet.  :P. It just didn't look that interesting. A new 'bad guy' , but still with round 12 of magneto's man pain...ugh, enough already.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 10:08:01 PM »
If I had to guess, I'd say that now that the First Class trilogy has ended, everything from now on will be in the present. That's my hope anyway.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
Agreed. No more of this stuck in the past nonsense. Bring everyone back to the present. Though I'm sure if I agree about the apocalypse movie, because I still haven't seen it yet.  :P. It just didn't look that interesting. A new 'bad guy' , but still with round 12 of magneto's man pain...ugh, enough already.

LOL - I had not thought of it that way even though I recognized it. Too much man pain, agreed and they had to use some of the footage from the other films to nail it home. LOL
It was a bit much.

If I had to guess, I'd say that now that the First Class trilogy has ended, everything from now on will be in the present. That's my hope anyway.

Me too. The films don't have to be "dated" as it were. I also hope for the present as well.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »
I'm a little concerned because Kinsberg? Said that the next movie would be in the 90's, following the pattern. But hopefully apocalypse 'underperforming' (combined with first class underperforming) convinces them that the general audiences isn't as interested in the period pieces as they are. And maybe they should finally forget about that and moved 'back to the future'.

Heck if they like the new 'students, they can keep them and pretend they've aged a couple decades with nothing more than a haircut (like they've done with all the first class people.  ;D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »
Yes, the FC trilogy is done, but they have those actors signed on for at least another film. There's no way they got that young talent to sign on for ONE film. They'll have at least one more and have be presented to us ten years older, but IMO the only X-kid that could pull off being in their 20s is Sofie. The rest of them are still short and awkwardly growing into adulthood (the kids: Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Storm). Well maybe Storm actress too. Its easy to make girls look older. I WOULD LOVE A X-MEN MOVIE SET IN THE 90S.

ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!

C'mon guys, chant with me!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »
I loved Nightcrawler in Apocalypse. I thought the look was great. I'd love to see that guy play Nightcrawler again. I also liked the choice for Storm.

Jean and Cyke were alright. Cyke sort of reminded me of the guy they had play Reed in Fantastic Four.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:39:17 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2016, 08:34:49 AM »
one... more... time?  :'(
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2016, 08:38:32 AM »
ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!

C'mon guys, chant with me!
one... more... time?  :'(

One more time?!!!!

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2016, 01:17:09 PM »
I could be down for 'one more', but only if they break the past pattern of having good characters, only for them to stand around as colorful wall paper, while mags goes though round 13 of epic manpain with Charles as his long suffering battered girlfriend.  :P

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2016, 02:06:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvEzdmRpbGM after credits ...funny stuff

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »
that was hilarious ... loved it.