Author Topic: Marvel's Xmen: The Gifted - TV Show  (Read 10601 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel's Xmen: The Gifted - TV Show
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »
It was good. I finally watched it today. I'll stick with it for a bit. It certainly was intense in places. LOL I loved the action and I like how the show explained away some things so that you don't have to worry about it, eg. Xmen/Brotherhood.

No offense to those who love the Legion TV show ... but this I could actually follow and wasn't confused.  ;D

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 12:11:33 AM »
I had 0 expectations for this show, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I'll definitely be tuning each week.

Acting, action, CGI, and story were all really good.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 08:38:46 AM »
It was good. I finally watched it today. I'll stick with it for a bit. It certainly was intense in places. LOL I loved the action and I like how the show explained away some things so that you don't have to worry about it, eg. Xmen/Brotherhood.

No offense to those who love the Legion TV show ... but this I could actually follow and wasn't confused.  ;D

A PLAGUE ON YOUR HOUSE!  >:(
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 09:54:53 AM »
I had 0 expectations for this show, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I'll definitely be tuning each week.

Acting, action, CGI, and story were all really good.

I'm with you - I had 0 expectations, I actually didn't think I'd like "The Gifted" but I was pleasantly surprised.

RE: Legion TV Show
A PLAGUE ON YOUR HOUSE!  >:(

heh heh ... dude I never got past the first episode .... that is the one ... you know ... sets it up for the season? ..... LOL 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
Solid second episode - I'm amazed with the effects, the story isn't too clunky, and its progressing well. :)

I like Marcos, and Polaris. The power Lauren has looks cool too.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 09:02:32 PM »
The VFX are incredible and were amazing in the second episode. I loved the first and thought this one was even better.

As small as it was, the MLF reference was my favorite part. It actually blew my mind.. that's a pretty hardcore namedrop if you ask me.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 09:24:25 PM »
The VFX are incredible and were amazing in the second episode. I loved the first and thought this one was even better.

As small as it was, the MLF reference was my favorite part. It actually blew my mind.. that's a pretty hardcore namedrop if you ask me.

I was shocked by that myself because of how deep a cut it is. I cant believe the episode writer used it! That group has all kinds of super sweaty details and even time travel on-top of time travel. Not your average reference! Stupid hardcore. I'm impressed and I'm really enjoying this show... but its not the first time FOX has produced an awesome show just to cancel it for something sub par IE cheaper to produce.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:19 PM »
Another great episode, I'm super happy this show is being well received.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
Yup, episode three made it 3 for 3.  Just keeps gettin' better
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 10:29:41 PM »
This show is making me very impatient with other superhero shows ie all of the CW. It makes the writing there look like something off of PBS. I'm really digging this thus far. And I'm so glad the sister isn't wearing that super tight sweater. It was really distracting.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:14 PM »
Pulse looked too odd. As a fan of Sage, well she certainly doesn't look like her comic book version. LOL

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 10:01:42 PM »
I thought the episode that just ended was fantastic and heartbreaking and the best so far.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 10:06:15 PM »
I agree. It was intense in places. I have found that each episode has that intensity somewhere in the eppy. Its good because of being engaged, but sometimes I'm not good with that stuff - meaning my reaction is strong.

There is so much to like about this show. Even the bad guys (sentinels) are more than just the "villain" as it were. I think they should add more than the one guy though, but for now its good.

I like how the powers are shown too.

I would LOVE for Gambit to be in this even if it was minor. :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:09:07 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 10:23:42 PM »
I don't think surgery works that way but... Ok. I really hope this show keeps amping up the danger. If I had to compare the state of their world to the comics, I'd say it was approaching Operation Zero Tolerance. It'd probably be expensive but I'd love to see their version of an Omega Sentinel. The full sized robots never really worked outside of animation or the books (even in DoFP they weren't all that huge). But Omega Sentinels are human sized. Basically man-made superhuman cyborgs. I think a handful would look great on TV. Push the stakes up.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:40 PM »
Villains like Bastion and Graydon Creed would be awesome on this show. Zero Tolerance, Friends of Humanity, all that stuff. Would love to see them get there.
Who Dat